UFC 150 results: I'm glad *SPOILERS* - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
Are you a judge? No, and neither am I. Fact is, Ben Henderson beat Edgar two times in a row and is the current champion. Like I said, that'll never change. Stop whining and get over it you bitch.
I'm not whining about the decision, I'm questioning the mentality of someone who is glad a top fighter has been set back because of the incompetence of the judges.

How is Bendo being Champ any better for the division than Frankie being Champ? All that matters is that the right guys are being awarded, which is not happening. If you can't see that, or can but decide to support it when it suits you, I can't respect your opinion.

Judging is a major issue, but the fans have the biggest say and supporting the outcomes of fights like this is not productive. Sure it was close, some thought Bendo won, but what is UNDENIABLE is that it is a controversial decision and we're having too many of those lately.

SM33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:25 PM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Keep it civil ladies and gentlemen. Otherwise the thread will be closed.

Thank you.




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #53 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I'm not arguing that.

My point is Edgar has won what, five FOTN's?

He's brilliant, he's technically sound but because his record is full of decisions instead of knock outs, he's boring. It's like people don't even watch him fight.
He's only exciting when his opponent is beating him up. (Gray Maynard, Bendo first fight, Tyson Griffin). Similar to Clay Guida in that regard. Guidas only exciting fights are the ones where he's getting destroyed. (Sanchez, Bendo, Florian etc).
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #54 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
He's only exciting when his opponent is beating him up. (Gray Maynard, Bendo first fight, Tyson Griffin). Similar to Clay Guida in that regard. Guidas only exciting fights are the ones where he's getting destroyed. (Sanchez, Bendo, Florian etc).
Thing is, Bendo vs Edgar 2 wasn't even boring, it was good fight.

SM33 is offline  
post #55 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Thing is, Bendo vs Edgar 2 wasn't even boring, it was good fight.
In your opinion. I thought it was quite boring. Both fighters were showing each other far too much respect and neither were willing to take risks to really try and finish the fight.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #56 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:47 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,434
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
In your opinion. I thought it was quite boring. Both fighters were showing each other far too much respect and neither were willing to take risks to really try and finish the fight.
So why happy Frankie lost when you admit right here Bendo also didn't try to finish or make it exciting?

Sounds like you are just blindly biased.
M.C is offline  
post #57 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Resident Drunk
 
MagiK11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cap Haitian, Haiti
Posts: 3,715
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
In your opinion. I thought it was quite boring. Both fighters were showing each other far too much respect and neither were willing to take risks to really try and finish the fight.
I was rooting for Bendo, and he didn't push the pace enough to win. He lost and was awarded a free win and belt. I thought ben won the first fight but this fight, it was a disgrace even though it was a close fight. Rounds 1 - 3 were ben and the rest for frankie. Even if you think Frankie is a boring fighter, the fact of the matter is he won that fight.

Also, you are a biased hater, and the kind of fan MMA can do without.


1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline  
post #58 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
So why happy Frankie lost when you admit right here Bendo also didn't try to finish or make it exciting?

Sounds like you are just blindly biased.
Because one safety first performance by Bendo isn't enough to change my opinion on the man.

Bendo is a consistently exciting and tenacious fighter and brings it every time he steps foot in the cage. He is an intense dude. One weak performance isn't going to change my outlook on the matter, I judge things on the whole and look at consistency over a number of fights.

Frankie on the other hand is a consistently boring fighter in my opinion and always fights with that trademark in and out style.

It's like the Carlos Condit/ Nick Diaz fight. Carlos Condit fighting a safe fight like that was completely unpredictable and shocked all fans. How ever, he is a consistently exciting and tenacious fighter and one safety first fight isn't going to change my opinion on him either. I still love watching the guy fight.

Hope that clears things up.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded; 08-12-2012 at 06:13 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #59 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
I was rooting for Bendo, and he didn't push the pace enough to win. He lost and was awarded a free win and belt. I thought ben won the first fight but this fight, it was a disgrace even though it was a close fight. Rounds 1 - 3 were ben and the rest for frankie. Even if you think Frankie is a boring fighter, the fact of the matter is he won that fight.

Also, you are a biased hater, and the kind of fan MMA can do without.
Not sure what I've done to get you so angry. I don't see where I've shown this blind biased hatred. Strong words there fella.

I'm not biased against Frankie, I just don't personally like his fighting style.

If I was just another biased hater then I wouldn't acknowledge the fact that he is an excellent technical fighter and one of the best in the division. I can appreciate those things, but at the same time, despise his fighting style. I don't see what's so wrong with that. I'm not going to be forced to like a fighter that I don't.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded; 08-12-2012 at 06:17 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #60 of 105 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 06:36 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,434
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Because one safety first performance by Bendo isn't enough to change my opinion on the man.

Bendo is a consistently exciting and tenacious fighter and brings it every time he steps foot in the cage. He is an intense dude. One weak performance isn't going to change my outlook on the matter, I judge things on the whole and look at consistency over a number of fights.

Frankie on the other hand is a consistently boring fighter in my opinion and always fights with that trademark in and out style.

It's like the Carlos Condit/ Nick Diaz fight. Carlos Condit fighting a safe fight like that was completely unpredictable and shocked all fans. How ever, he is a consistently exciting and tenacious fighter and one safety first fight isn't going to change my opinion on him either. I still love watching the guy fight.

Hope that clears things up.
So if he keeps fighting like this your opinion will change of him? Sounds like you are very wishy washy when it comes to fighters.

Also, I find it very strange that you'd rather have a champion who doesn't deserve to be champion, if it means a fighter that you personally aren't a fan of is champion. It's a horrible mentality for a sport.
M.C is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome