Silva out till 2013 - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 16,310
Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Who knows really what's going on with Anderson.. He should be fighting more often given his age.
__________________
Rauno is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #42 (permalink)
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,130
Dr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A BallerDr Gonzo Is A Baller
Im pretty sure i just read that 2 people think Anderson is scared of somebody? My god. Words just will not suffice.
__________________




I used to be Tyson Fury but now I'm not.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,006
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
If that obligation really matter, then Dana White should strip him of the belt or create a second belt. Reality is the man is Anderson Silva, there is a list of fighters waiting for their shot, but they will only get it by default. The second best guy in the division is Sonnen, then Belfort, who both lost to the champ. Let CW fight one of them.

At what point do you stop believing the hype that a MW will beat Silva? Everybody the man has defeated was dubbed the guy. It's now 2012, CW has been impressive, but really if you are the champ would you take him seriously?
It really has nothing to do with hype as far as I'm concerned.

Junior will have fought twice this year, Bones will fight twice, Condit if he wins will have fought twice, Bendo will have fought twice, Aldo will have fought twice, and Benavidez has fought twice, Johnson has fought three times this year.

All the Champs have fought twice or more except Cruz who coached TUF and got hurt on the set, Barao's fought twice though. All the Champs will have fought twice this year except the ones who are injured so why can't Anderson provided he's not injured? The UFC constantly say "the best in the world fight three times a year" so why is Anderson being allowed to just sit out and in the process put Chris Weidman's life on hold since Boestch can't fight him due to his injury?

I wanna see all of these guys fight and for Anderson to hold out due to politics is ridiculous, regardless of if he's the greatest of all time or not, the other Champs fought twice, why can't he? Because Weidman isn't known enough? Do a Primetime then, build him up, if you look at all the contenders he's the guy that has the best chance of beating Anderson and he's the guy that just wrecked the number three guy in the world. If they wanna be a big player in the world of SPORTS it's time to act like a SPORT.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #44 (permalink)
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
It really has nothing to do with hype as far as I'm concerned.

Junior will have fought twice this year, Bones will fight twice, Condit if he wins will have fought twice, Bendo will have fought twice, Aldo will have fought twice, and Benavidez has fought twice, Johnson has fought three times this year.

All the Champs have fought twice or more except Cruz who coached TUF and got hurt on the set, Barao's fought twice though. All the Champs will have fought twice this year except the ones who are injured so why can't Anderson provided he's not injured? The UFC constantly say "the best in the world fight three times a year" so why is Anderson being allowed to just sit out and in the process put Chris Weidman's life on hold since Boestch can't fight him due to his injury?

I wanna see all of these guys fight and for Anderson to hold out due to politics is ridiculous, regardless of if he's the greatest of all time or not, the other Champs fought twice, why can't he? Because Weidman isn't known enough? Do a Primetime then, build him up, if you look at all the contenders he's the guy that has the best chance of beating Anderson and he's the guy that just wrecked the number three guy in the world. If they wanna be a big player in the world of SPORTS it's time to act like a SPORT.
None of those guys are 37. None of those guys have accomplished what Silva has.

What is the significance of fighting twice in a calender year anyway? The gap between his fight with Sonnen and his next will be what? 6 months? Shorter than the gap between fights for JDS, Aldo, and Condit... and a lot of non-champions. So that point is pretty invalid.

Your hatred of Anderson is unhealthy.
__________________



Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,006
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
None of those guys are 37. None of those guys have accomplished what Silva has.

What is the significance of fighting twice in a calender year anyway? The gap between his fight with Sonnen and his next will be what? 6 months? Shorter than the gap between fights for JDS, Aldo, and Condit... and a lot of non-champions.So that point is pretty invalid.

Your hatred of Anderson is unhealthy.
I'm not trying to hate on Anderson here.

Everyone says "they haven't accomplished what he has" so what? He still has a belt and he's got a guy lined up as the top contender, so why isn't he fighting him?

Because Weidman isn't "well known enough", if Bisping had fought last night and won, he'd get a fight with Anderson booked asap because it's a draw.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I'm not trying to hate on Anderson here.

Everyone says "they haven't accomplished what he has" so what? He still has a belt and he's got a guy lined up as the top contender, so why isn't he fighting him?

Because Weidman isn't "well known enough", if Bisping had fought last night and won, he'd get a fight with Anderson booked asap because it's a draw.
He is 37 years old. Training for fights constantly has most definitely taken a toll on his body. He has a wife, kids, family, commitments outside the UFC etc.

It may not seem like it in the cage, but he is a human being with a life outside of fighting. He doesn't need the money, he needs the time.
__________________



Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I'm not trying to hate on Anderson here.

Everyone says "they haven't accomplished what he has" so what? He still has a belt and he's got a guy lined up as the top contender, so why isn't he fighting him?

Because Weidman isn't "well known enough", if Bisping had fought last night and won, he'd get a fight with Anderson booked asap because it's a draw.
I was going to rationalize why Anderson isn't fighting this year, but you are completely right. If he is able to defend his belt, then he should defend it. Anderson seems to get special treatment in the UFC, not champion treatment; he's like royalty. I guess it's just a matter of respect, it's nice in a way to see the guys at UFC give Anderson that much respect because if they wanted to they could make him their bitch since he is under their banner, contract, mercy etc. AS is the longest reigning champion with the most title defenses in UFC history, he's setting the precedent for how dominant champions will be treated.

You are right, he should be defending his belt, but unfortunately the UFC is not desperate to have him fight and have enough respect for him to give him time off and keep his belt. Evaluating the mentality you approach this situation with I would never want to be employed by you because I'd probably never get a sick day, a holiday, or any kind of respect as your employee.

Last edited by ptw : 08-12-2012 at 10:23 PM.
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,006
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
I was going to rationalize why Anderson isn't fighting this year, but you are completely right. If he is able to defend his belt, then he should defend it. Anderson seems to get special treatment in the UFC, not champion treatment; he's like royalty. I guess it's just a matter of respect, it's nice in a way to see the guys at UFC give Anderson that much respect because if they wanted to they could make him their bitch since he is under their banner, contract, mercy etc. AS is the longest reigning champion with the most title defenses in UFC history, he's setting the precedent for how dominant champions will be treated.

You are right, he should be defending his belt, but unfortunately the UFC is not desperate to have him fight and have enough respect for him to give him time off and keep his belt. Evaluating the mentality you approach this situation with I would never want to be employed by you because I'd probably never get a sick day, a holiday, or any kind of respect as your employee.
But he's not sick, he's not injured, and he's not on holiday.

He's not fighting Chris Weidman for one reason and one reason only and that's because Silva/Weidman won't sell as many PPV's as Silva/Bisping or Silva/GSP would.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 110
Jason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
But he's not sick, he's not injured, and he's not on holiday.

He's not fighting Chris Weidman for one reason and one reason only and that's because Silva/Weidman won't sell as many PPV's as Silva/Bisping or Silva/GSP would.
Has to be waiting for GSP. With all due respect to Chris Weidman I dont see why Silva would want to fight a guy most people had never heard of a month ago.
Jason12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #50 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Meh. I don't really care about Silva and the MW title any more.

There's plenty of guys in the UFC that are willing to fight. If you don't want to fight, that's fine, just shut up and go fishing and come back when you want to fight.

Just don't sit around talking constantly if you're not going to work, that's all I ask.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios