Silva out till 2013 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Ludinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 729
                     
Silva out till 2013

Chris Weidman may be able to get the next shot against Anderson Silva, but it depends on how long he's willing to sit on the sidelines. He was hoping to face Silva before the end of the year, but according to UFC President Dana White, the Middleweight Champion won't be back in the Octagon in 2012.

Speaking with reporters following UFC 150 on Saturday night in Denver, White revealed that Silva has requested some time off following his win over Chael Sonnen in July, and he won't be fighting until early 2013.

"Anderson said he wants to take some time off until after the end of this year, we'll start talking to him," White said (via MMAWeekly.com. "[Weidman's] going to have to wait or fight because Anderson's going to fight after the beginning of the year."

Weidman may be best served taking at least one more fight, as he may not be the first option come the end of the year. If Georges St-Pierre defeats Carlos Condit this November in his return to action, a bout with Silva in 2013 is a fight that all parties - and the UFC - seem very interested in putting together.

Source: mmatorch

Diaz..Edgar.. Cormier.. Cain.. Mir.. Overeem.. Jon Jones
Ludinator is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,069
                     
Anderson really is not worried about time off between fights, maybe at his age it's actually better to take a break and spend more time preparing.

Many UFC fighters with less political weight to throw around should be fighting more often though.

SM33 is offline  
post #3 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,705
                     
Please post the link to the article next time, I've done it for you this time round Thanks!

Man that sucks, I was really hoping to see Silva at least one more time this year. Weidman definitely needs to take another fight.
K R Y is offline  
post #4 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Welterweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,025
                     
Man.. I'm really starting to regret being a Chris Weidman fan. That dude has not earned a title shot. He needs to face a Vitor or a Chael. Not a Mark Munoz fresh off from surgery.

They will most likley give him Tim the Barbarian and act like he's ran threw the divison
TheNinja is offline  
post #5 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:10 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,705
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post

They will most likley give him Tim the Barbarian and act like he's ran threw the divison
Worst.case.scenario.

That would be horrible. He definitely needs to fight Chael or Belfort. Or Bisping.
K R Y is offline  
post #6 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,154
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Anderson really is not worried about time off between fights, maybe at his age it's actually better to take a break and spend more time preparing.

Many UFC fighters with less political weight to throw around should be fighting more often though.
Maybe they need to make all the fighters fight if they're healthy? Which Anderson is.

Politics ruined boxing, and it'll ruin MMA too if this keeps. I want Condit to win even more now so Anderson has no other choice than to fight Weidman. Weidman went in there and made the guy who teaches Anderson how to wrestle look like he never stepped foot on a mat in a day in his life, people will just throw out any and every excuse they can to keep this fight from happening.

"He's too green" - Was Jones too green for Shogun? No.

"No one knows who he is, it's not a sellable" - There's about to be eight champs in the UFC, stick another title fight and a big fight without a title on it and people will buy it.

"He beat Munoz off surgery" - Munoz wasn't even out that long. Weidman has destroyed everyone he's fought except for Maia when he cut 32 lbs in 11 days. He IS the top contender.

But I'm sure if Bisping wins, I'm sure everyone will be begging for Anderson/Bisping. Not because Bisping's earned it, but because it's a "sellable fight" and if that's the case this may as well be WWE with real fights since the champion won't fight the true top contender.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #7 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:20 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,069
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
Maybe they need to make all the fighters fight if they're healthy? Which Anderson is.

Politics ruined boxing, and it'll ruin MMA too if this keeps. I want Condit to win even more now so Anderson has no other choice than to fight Weidman. Weidman went in there and made the guy who teaches Anderson how to wrestle look like he never stepped foot on a mat in a day in his life, people will just throw out any and every excuse they can to keep this fight from happening.

"He's too green" - Was Jones too green for Shogun? No.

"No one knows who he is, it's not a sellable" - There's about to be eight champs in the UFC, stick another title fight and a big fight without a title on it and people will buy it.

"He beat Munoz off surgery" - Munoz wasn't even out that long. Weidman has destroyed everyone he's fought except for Maia when he cut 32 lbs in 11 days. He IS the top contender.

But I'm sure if Bisping wins, I'm sure everyone will be begging for Anderson/Bisping. Not because Bisping's earned it, but because it's a "sellable fight" and if that's the case this may as well be WWE with real fights since the champion won't fight the true top contender.
I don't think Anderson Silva is afraid to fight anyone. Certain people on this forum were screaming about how he'd never accept a second Sonnen fight, and even after he accepted that he'd pull out. Because he nearly lost to him?

Then he comes in and finishes it within two. Silva is not worried about Chris Weidman.

SM33 is offline  
post #8 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Ludinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 729
                     
I think he's scared and ime a silva fan. Silva has defended his belt once in just under a year, now he's healthy he should be forced to defend or vacant the title. Jon Jones has had around 4 fights in the space of a year.

Diaz..Edgar.. Cormier.. Cain.. Mir.. Overeem.. Jon Jones
Ludinator is offline  
post #9 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:39 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,069
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludinator View Post
I think he's scared and ime a silva fan. Silva has defended his belt once in just under a year, now he's healthy he should be forced to defend or vacant the title. Jon Jones has had around 4 fights in the space of a year.
Jon Jones asked for and was granted a long break after the Machida fight. Then Evans became No. 1 Contender and the drama of that, plus probably some persuasion from the UFC, brought him back sooner than he'd intended.

SM33 is offline  
post #10 of 67 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Amateur
 
lights out 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 103
                     
Silva is not scared. He's a fighter. I do think he's nervous to fight wrestlers & protecting his legacy. 1st rd Sonnen controlled & did what he wanted. AGAIN. Silva did everything he could bending the rules in the 2nd grabbing chaels shorts etc. this being said its a fight so the greasing, grabbing the shorts, holding the fence while kneeing etc. he got the job done & its all that matters. His days are numbered. Roy Jones jr. was invincible till he got old/ fighters didn't believe he was invincible. Silva knows wrestling is his Achilles heel. He's not scared he's just protecting his legacy.
Sent from my USCCADR3305 using VerticalSports.Com App
lights out 24 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome