Is two belts per weight class the answer? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE CHAMPS FIGHT?!? Do you just make another belt? Then there are eight per division or does a belt go away when it is unified, which than makes the point of two belts useless.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
No, you don't make another belt. Like I already stated above, they could fight, but not for unification, they'd fight for what fighters fight for: MONEY.

Like I said, I already addressed this above, try reading before you post instead of just foaming at the mouth.
RearNaked is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,838
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
No, you don't make another belt. Like I already stated above, they could fight, but not for unification, they'd fight for what fighters fight for: MONEY.

Like I said, I already addressed this above, try reading before you post instead of just foaming at the mouth.
So they fight but one guy doesn't give up the belt. Therefore making it useless. No one would argue that the guy who was beat but still has the belt is better. You're basically wanting to give out silver medals.

This conversation would be great too,

"hey he's the champ"
"oh I thought he was"
"They both are"
"oh so they are going to fight soon, damn that will be great to see who's the best"
"nah they already fought, but he kept the belt even though he lost"
"what! Why!"
"Because its more interesting this way!"

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
So they fight but one guy doesn't give up the belt. Therefore making it useless. No one would argue that the guy who was beat but still has the belt is better. You're basically wanting to give out silver medals.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
They had non title fights in PRIDE all the time, it worked fine. And it would only be useless to you. I'm sure champions with PPV cuts would be fine with that extra money generated from Champ vs Champ.

I didn't suggest this idea because I thought it would make Life B Eazy from Detroit happy. I suggested it because I think it would make for more excitement in the UFC divisions, which right now, are pretty stagnant.

You've made your point, YOU don't like this idea no matter what. So go do something else. Let other people post.

And about the so called casual fans, exactly. **** em. I don't care about them. Deal with it.
RearNaked is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,838
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
They had non title fights in PRIDE all the time, it worked fine. And it would only be useless to you. I'm sure champions with PPV cuts would be fine with that extra money generated from Champ vs Champ.

I didn't suggest this idea because I thought it would make Life B Eazy from Detroit happy. I suggested it because I think it would make for more excitement in the UFC divisions, which right now, are pretty stagnant.

You've made your point, YOU don't like this idea no matter what. So go do something else. Let other people post.

And about the so called casual fans, exactly. **** em. I don't care about them. Deal with it.
You have a very good business model for making money. Also pride had non title fights when it was either at a different weight class or part of a tournament. The difference. No one defends a tournament championship. Shogun won the mw gp, but he wasn't going to defend in his next fight because he won a tournament, not a championship belt in a weight class.

You need to make up your mind, I'm trying to discuss your idea in a point, counter point conversation on an internet forum, which is talk, which you are so fond of creating. Yet because I disagree I need to do something else. My posting is not preventing anyone from stating their own opinion.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
You need to make up your mind, I'm trying to discuss your idea in a point, counter point conversation on an internet forum, which is talk, which you are so fond of creating. Yet because I disagree I need to do something else. My posting is not preventing anyone from stating their own opinion.
You can state your opinion till you're blue in the face.

I think this would work, you don't. I don't find your arguments for why it wouldn't work to be worth arguing. In fact, I find them nonsensical.

So I'm just not going to.

And you're right, Shogun didn't defend the GP belt. But people still wanted to watch him fight, more than, say, Chris Weidman. Who Anderson refuses to fight.

Now if Weidman had a belt, Anderson would kind of HAVE to fight him, wouldn't he. Especially if Weidman went and beat a couple of guys as champion

This isn't complicated.
RearNaked is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,838
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
You can state your opinion till you're blue in the face.

I think this would work, you don't. I don't find your arguments for why it wouldn't work to be worth arguing.

So I'm just not going to.
Is it maybe because you have yet to actually answer any of the concern I have for your system. You just say well pride did it. Also **** casuals. Is that the general idea?

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
MikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of Knowledge
We already have two belts anyway... it's called the interim belt. Seems to work fine as it is right now.

Also, there's not enough contenders for the belt as it is. Two belts would definitely not help.
MikeHawk is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
We already have two belts anyway... it's called the interim belt. Seems to work fine as it is right now.

Also, there's not enough contenders for the belt as it is. Two belts would definitely not help.
Fair enough.

I think upgrading Condit to an actual champ, and having him rematch Diaz would be better than waiting around for GSP.

Then when GSP comes back the onus would be on HIM to reaffirm why he was champ in the first place. GSP could beat a few guys and sometime in 2014 perhaps the two champs would fight.

And a second champ at MW would do wonders for the division, which is stagnant as hell right now, and has a champ who isn't fighting again for 6 months while Belcher, Weidman and Bisping are all worthy contenders.
RearNaked is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,053
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
I like the idea of having champs fight a certain amount of times per year and if they don't they vacate the title. That's of course if they aren't injured. Champs need to fight 3 or 4 times a year if they are healthy
rabakill is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 100
jooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of lightjooshwa is a glorious beacon of light
I got a better idea. We'll have 4 champions right and every time they have a number 1 contender they choose a champion to fight. Then after they choose the champion they want, they get a secret techniques like, leg kicks, or wrestling, or bjj, or right hooks and they have to fight using mainly that technique. We can call it Iron Chef..I mean uh Iron UFC
jooshwa is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios