Reza Madadi saves drowning child and father - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BlueLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 353
BlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He Crosses
Reza Madadi saves drowning child and father

Quote:
Swedish UFC fighter Reza Madadi is on a huge win streak. His victories include wins over Yoislandy Izquierdo, Rich Clementi, Carlo Prater and death. He saved a drowning toddler and his father in Sweden on Aug. 3.
After kayaking in the Stockholm Archipelago, he was headed to lunch when he saw a 1-year-old fall off of a pier into the water. The child's father jumped in after his son. Instinct kicked in for Madadi, who once trained to be a firefighter, and he jumped in after the father.
"Everyone just panicked but I didn't even think, I just acted on instinct," Madadi said. "I could tell the man was very upset, but at the same time relieved. It's easier said than done to act fast in situations like these. The problem is that many people start to think, but there is no time for thinking."
Madadi brought them to safety. The coolest part of the report is that when people who were watching from the shore asked to take a picture of Madadi with the family, he said no out of respect of the shaken up family.
Fighters have been in the life-saving business before. Nick Ring came to the aid of a couple being mugged in Calgary. Jon Jones did the same the morning he won the UFC light heavyweight belt.
I just love stories like this. Sure there is always an exception to the 'rule', but MMA fighters just seem like the most respectful and down to earth people in the sports world.


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...0872--mma.html
BlueLander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLander View Post
I just love stories like this. Sure there is always an exception to the 'rule', but MMA fighters just seem like the most respectful and down to earth people in the sports world.


http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...0872--mma.html
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of them have day-jobs to go with their athletic careers. Once the sport becomes big enough that they all become full-time athletes and make tons of money in the process, they'll be more like other athletes.

Good for Reza. Sounds like the kind of situation that can turn real bad real quick.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BlueLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 353
BlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of them have day-jobs to go with their athletic careers. Once the sport becomes big enough that they all become full-time athletes and make tons of money in the process, they'll be more like other athletes.

Good for Reza. Sounds like the kind of situation that can turn real bad real quick.

As much as I hope that isn't the case, sadly you are probably right

I love listening to UFC fighters on the Opie & Anthony (SirusXM radio show). They're all very down to earth and likeable. I just hope money doesn't go to their heads in the future and start getting the NFL/Actor/Musician mentalities
BlueLander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,170
Dtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that a lot of them have day-jobs to go with their athletic careers. Once the sport becomes big enough that they all become full-time athletes and make tons of money in the process, they'll be more like other athletes.

Good for Reza. Sounds like the kind of situation that can turn real bad real quick.
I disagree. I think most UFC fighters are full-time athletes already, and the real reason they are the way they are is because martial arts and the toughness of fighting produces traits of respect and humility amongst its practitioners.
Dtwizzy2k5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
WEC For Life

 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,344
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
I disagree. I think most UFC fighters are full-time athletes already, and the real reason they are the way they are is because martial arts and the toughness of fighting produces traits of respect and humility amongst its practitioners.
There have been plenty of fighters stating they have jobs on the side. Mostly mid to lower tier fighters that can't live off of the money they make fighting yet.


Sent from my iPhone using VerticalSports
__________________

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BlueLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 353
BlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He Crosses
Yeah I'd have to assume those guys making $8,000 or so per fight would have to have another source of income. Even with some sponsorship money, the ones with families to feed probably aren't getting what they need to make it work.
BlueLander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,171
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLander View Post
Yeah I'd have to assume those guys making $8,000 or so per fight would have to have another source of income. Even with some sponsorship money, the ones with families to feed probably aren't getting what they need to make it work.
Even $30,000 a fight isn't so much if you're only fighting 2-3 times a year and you factor in training and travel expenses, along with whatever medical treatments aren't covered by insurance, and stuff like nutrition supplements.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios