Jones vs Belfort Ufc 152 (Machida declines afterall) - Page 13 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:36 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,925
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Why couldn't they use Sonnen on 152? Instead of bringing Belfort into the mess?
Jones won't fight Chael

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,550
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Jones won't fight Chael
Just because he doesn't like him?

Why is he willing to fight Belfot? A guy who isn't even in the 205 division. A guy that really isn't on the radar.

Sonnen seems more deserving than Belfort.

When it comes to Sonnen Jones says he doesn't deserve it.

When it comes to Machida he says he wants more money/buys.

When it comes to Belfort...Jones says, YES!


Weird.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #123 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Just odd. If numbers were so important to him. If money was what he was after. Why not take the Sonnen fight? That would be the most numbers he could get at 205. Makes little sense to complain about numbers and then decline a fight that would do the most..

He must be that afraid to lose that he would sacrifice money...which is everything to him supposedly.
That is pure speculation that Sonnen would sell as well, if not more, than Hendo. We really can't know. And JBJ and Greg Jackson are right, technically Sonnen is about as different from Hendo as you can get. While I believe JBJ would walk through him, there is also the fact that he trained for a very specific type of opponent and would be at a disadvantage taking it.

All that said, I really do wish Jones would have accepted the fight, but unlike everyone else, I harbor no ill will towards him for turning it down. I mean it wasn't like they found a "suitable" replacement. Even if JBJ beats him near to death all they will say is that he beat a 185'er, congrats! Seriously, with the way this forum is towards JBJ he would not have walked out of this clean no matter what ANYONE says. There is a whole lot of JBJ hate flowing and he really had 2 ways to be hated:

1) Turn down the fight and accept people get pissed. To add to this, I don't think he really thought the card would be cancelled if he did. And even if so, again how is that his fault?

2) Fight Sonnen and it's a lose/lose in the eyes of the people. If he wins then it is "Great you beat a 185'er who isn't AS. Don't hit any light poles after you leave your after party!". If he loses then it is "LOL he lost to a 185'er who couldn't beat AS. Clearly AS is the best fighter ever and LHW is a joke."

When you stop to think about it, unless they offered JBJ a 205'er who was at least on a win streak or at least a former champion, JBJ doesn't win. That isn't to say he would have accepted a fight from anyone else though.
cdtcpl is offline  
post #124 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,917
                     
But Vitor will fight JBJ.

I just finish the call with my boss @lorenzofertitta and @danawhite I want to thank booth for put me in where a lot of guys are acting like divas I think this is a big challenge for any fighter that is alive on the game I thank God to provide me with this Blessing 2 fight the youngest champion we will face each other I have all the respect for jones thats why u can`t miss this competition a vintage and hy-tech fight Glory to Jesus also happy for all the fans I will not let no one down I come from the times of #carlsongracie He live inside of me I learn so much thing with him and #alstankie I will fight jones I want to thank he`s camping and him to accept this big challenge for me I am so happy to deliver a big show for the whole world. Are guys happy give me a RT

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #125 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Why couldn't they use Sonnen on 152? Instead of bringing Belfort into the mess?
There is an article on mmamania or something where DW said it only works as a quick plug-in fight, Sonnen has no actual claim to a title shot.

Not that Vitor does either That is what confuses me the most.
cdtcpl is offline  
post #126 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,925
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Just because he doesn't like him?

Why is he willing to fight Belfot? A guy who isn't even in the 205 division. A guy that really isn't on the radar.

Sonnen seems more deserving than Belfort.

When it comes to Sonnen Jones says he doesn't deserve it.

When it comes to Machida he says he wants more money/buys.

When it comes to Belfort...Jones says, YES!


Weird.
Well Machida is the only one to touch Jones' chin, so no.

Sonnen while not having KO power has a monster double so still too much risk.

Belfort a small guy with a much shorter reach and can't wrestle for shit?

Why do you think he said yes? Also he did accept the Machida fight, Machida turned it down.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #127 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,550
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
That is pure speculation that Sonnen would sell as well, if not more, than Hendo. We really can't know.
Who knows what a Hendo PPV would have done. Doesn't matter because he is out.

He complained about the Machida numbers just last week. Who did he think would do more numbers?

I think it is safe to assume Sonnen would do good numbers. Sonnen is the best seller of fights in the UFC. He had 8 days notice. Him and Jon don't care for eachother. Sonnen has done bigger numbers than anyone at 205. Sonnen would sell that fight and the numbers would be good.

So you say it is a lose lose for Jones fighting SOnnen...because he s a 185er? Well how is it not a lose lose vs. Vitor? At least Sonnen moved up recently to 205. Belfort is a guy who was still at 185. At least Sonnen gave Silva his best fight. Belfort was KO'd in the 1st. So I really don't follow you here. How is a Sonnen fight riskier than a Belfort fight to his rep?

It is all hypocrisy. He blames numbers for not wanting to fight Machida. Yet who does he think will give him big numbers? Belfort? Yea right.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #128 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,550
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Well Machida is the only one to touch Jones' chin, so no.

Sonnen while not having KO power has a monster double so still too much risk.

Belfort a small guy with a much shorter reach and can't wrestle for shit?

Why do you think he said yes? Also he did accept the Machida fight, Machida turned it down.
I know he accepted the Machida fight. Because he basically HAD to. But just last week he said he had no desire to rematch him because of buys. If his beef was buys just last week then accept the Sonnen fight...which we all assume would do much more than Belfort.

One hand its about buys. Other hand it is about risk of losing. Bones has all bases covered. Who does he expect to fight that will do big buys, a guy who deserves it, and a guy that isn't a risky fight? Who is this magical fighter Bones wants to fight?

Gustaf wouldn't do as many buys as Sonnen or Machida.

Shogun was killed in the first fight I doubt that does any more buys than a Sonnen or Machida fight.

Hendo is out now.

I just don't understand what he wants. He wants it his way. But none of it makes sense. Just last week he complained because Machida did like 5,000 less buys than Shogun? Nitpicking at its finest. Perhaps he shouldn't fight anyone else and just sit atop as champ and sign autographs.

Last edited by jonnyg4508; 08-24-2012 at 04:54 PM.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #129 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Amateur
 
wesshaw1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 112
                     
hopefully Belfort gives Jon Jones a Wanderlei special (UFC17.5)
wesshaw1985 is offline  
post #130 of 141 (permalink) Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
In no way, shape or form does Chael Sonnen deserve an instant title shot against Jones after just losing his last fight for the title.

That doesn't happen in any universe, ever! I can't believe the stuff I'm reading here.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome