Chael creates new pizza, The Jon Jones special - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,278
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
I agree, however I would say if he DOMINATES Forrest he'll get his title shot. If it's a lackluster victory he may need another one... either way I can hear Dana now.. "this guy F***ing stepped up when we F***ing needed him... he just beat a former F***ing world champion... and yeah! It's a fight everyone F***ing wants to see, and yeah! I'm giving him a F***ing title shot!..... F***!"

Edit... sorry for the double post... somehow thought I was in a different thread
Agreed. Forrest is about the easiest highly ranked fight they can give to Sonnen right now. Especially the new lacklustre Forrest that we keep seeing lately. I think this is a fight designed around Sonnen dominating so the can give him a shot ASAP.
Soojooko is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,390
The Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Best Around Is True Champion Of Knowledge
I'm not so sure. I think Gus/Shogun winner is next. Then depending when Hendo comes back, I could see him against Machida for the shot after that. And you have the factor of Bones possibly getting an instant rematch if he lost the belt. Still surprised they aren't doing Bones/Sonnen on 9/22 while it's hot.
__________________
The Best Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #33 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,385
Toxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
I'm not so sure. I think Gus/Shogun winner is next. Then depending when Hendo comes back, I could see him against Machida for the shot after that. And you have the factor of Bones possibly getting an instant rematch if he lost the belt. Still surprised they aren't doing Bones/Sonnen on 9/22 while it's hot.
If Shogun wins there is 0 point in making the fight and IMO even Gus needs to win in impressive fashion if he is to prove he has a snowballs chance in hell because neither guy has shown anything in there recent fights to tell us that they have any chance against Bones. Gusto looked good against Thiago but there is a big difference between looking like a good prospect and looking like you have a chance at being the man to dethrone a great champion. Don't let Bones hate blind you neither Machida, Shogun, Gusto or even Hendo has a chance. Vitor's chances are slim to none but slightly higher than the other 4 because he has a better chance of landing that flash KO early. Honestly Chael may be the biggest threat to Jones once he fills out and gets comfortable at 205 since we haven't seen Bones on his back really and to be honest Chael is a better wrestler than either Jones or anybody Jones has fought and is likely one of the top 3 wrestlers in the sport. Still I am not convinced there is a LHW around right now that can beat Jones hell he has already ran through the usual suspects.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,977
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
If Shogun wins there is 0 point in making the fight and IMO even Gus needs to win in impressive fashion if he is to prove he has a snowballs chance in hell because neither guy has shown anything in there recent fights to tell us that they have any chance against Bones. Gusto looked good against Thiago but there is a big difference between looking like a good prospect and looking like you have a chance at being the man to dethrone a great champion. Don't let Bones hate blind you neither Machida, Shogun, Gusto or even Hendo has a chance. Vitor's chances are slim to none but slightly higher than the other 4 because he has a better chance of landing that flash KO early. Honestly Chael may be the biggest threat to Jones once he fills out and gets comfortable at 205 since we haven't seen Bones on his back really and to be honest Chael is a better wrestler than either Jones or anybody Jones has fought and is likely one of the top 3 wrestlers in the sport. Still I am not convinced there is a LHW around right now that can beat Jones hell he has already ran through the usual suspects.
You think vitor has a better shot at a KO than Gus? Seriously....I will give you the other guys, but Gus has been dropping people with jabs, guys that can take punishment he's dropping like that. Shogun yeah, he's long past his prime and his lack of technical countering has caught up with him. Against someone that much bigger it becomes obvious, I don't think Machida has the one shot power and hendo has the power but not the ability to land it. But Gus is a bigger vitor, he has better footwork and more power imo.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,745
TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
Oh Man.. That is great...

And I'm a Jones Fan...
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #36 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,385
Toxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
You think vitor has a better shot at a KO than Gus? Seriously....I will give you the other guys, but Gus has been dropping people with jabs, guys that can take punishment he's dropping like that. Shogun yeah, he's long past his prime and his lack of technical countering has caught up with him. Against someone that much bigger it becomes obvious, I don't think Machida has the one shot power and hendo has the power but not the ability to land it. But Gus is a bigger vitor, he has better footwork and more power imo.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Gus is not nearly as fast as Vitor and I haven't been seeing this big power you speak of. He is a decent long fighter but lets be real here his biggest fight has been against Thiago Silva who himself has never proven himself much of a legit fighter, he also got taken down and submitted by Phil Davis who is not in Jon Jones league. Gus is a prospect and nothing more he is not a prodigy like Jones and has not proven his worth as quickly. I have seen nothing not a thing to give me the impression that Gusto has a chance his biggest strength he has shown is his ability to use his length which won't even be an advantage for him against Jones.
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Servatose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 965
Servatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Gus is not nearly as fast as Vitor and I haven't been seeing this big power you speak of. He is a decent long fighter but lets be real here his biggest fight has been against Thiago Silva who himself has never proven himself much of a legit fighter, he also got taken down and submitted by Phil Davis who is not in Jon Jones league. Gus is a prospect and nothing more he is not a prodigy like Jones and has not proven his worth as quickly. I have seen nothing not a thing to give me the impression that Gusto has a chance his biggest strength he has shown is his ability to use his length which won't even be an advantage for him against Jones.
This is extremely accurate, and very well articulated. Jones is just clearly in a league of his own. Rashad didn't even trust his ability to take Jones down. I think Sonnen would bring a level of wrestling that Jones hasn't experienced, but Bisping's match against Sonnen gave a lot of people info on how to beat Sonnen. I think Silva benefited a ton from that fight. I think the recipe is out there to beat Sonnen, and I don't really see Sonnen as the type to be able to consistently take Jones down.

I actually think as far as having known counters, the only one that really beat Vitor convincingly was Silva, and it was sort of a flash KO. I think Vitor is a legitimate threat to Silva, and I could honestly see him being a threat to Jones. Vitor has the power, speed, and accuracy where if he dazes Jones like Rashad and Lyoto were able to, it could be over that quickly. Vitor is one of the fastest swarmers I've ever seen after a fighter is injured. Look at his destruction of Akiyama, a fighter thought to have an iron jaw. Vitor has the sort of power in his hands that no one can deal with, imo. I wouldn't mind seeing him flash KO Jones, but I still think Jones is the more gifted fighter. Unless something surprising happens, I see Jones reigning for awhile, at least until he has to move up to HW, if he ever has to.
__________________
vBookie: 30-12
Servatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #38 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,015
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Gus is not nearly as fast as Vitor and I haven't been seeing this big power you speak of. He is a decent long fighter but lets be real here his biggest fight has been against Thiago Silva who himself has never proven himself much of a legit fighter, he also got taken down and submitted by Phil Davis who is not in Jon Jones league. Gus is a prospect and nothing more he is not a prodigy like Jones and has not proven his worth as quickly. I have seen nothing not a thing to give me the impression that Gusto has a chance his biggest strength he has shown is his ability to use his length which won't even be an advantage for him against Jones.
I have to agree. I dont see what all of the fuss is about yet. I just think LHW is desperate for contenders so people are hopping all over people like Gustaf and Glover. Both of which are still unproven and have done nothing to make me think they would hold the belt or even consistently beat top contenders.


Sent from my iPhone using VerticalSports
__________________


"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #39 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Mike28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Monrovia, CA
Posts: 745
Mike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A BallerMike28 Is A Baller
I can't believe I am saying this but Sonnen is growing on me. I still hate his fighting style but he is clever sometimes.
__________________
Top 10 Favorite Active Fighters
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Anthony Pettis
Pat Barry
Matt Mitrione
Gunnar Nelson
Mark Hunt
Carlos Condit
Chris Weidman
Rory MacDonald
Mike28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
above will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enoughabove will become famous soon enough
Man this is some funny sh1t.

Almost makes me want to go get a slice... Almost.
above is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios