Jon Jones says he would take Chael Sonnen fight in a heart beat. August 17th. - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,326
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Jon Jones says he would take Chael Sonnen fight in a heart beat. August 17th.

Quote:
UFC champion Jon Jones continues to get heavy criticism for his refusal to fight Chael Sonnen on short-notice at UFC 151, and it won't be much easier for Jones to cover himself in glory. Last Saturday on The Abe Kanan Show, a weekly program on SiriusXM, interviewed the world's #1 light-heavyweight and discussed a potential fight with Sonnen down the road in 2013. Kanan proceeded to "sell" the champion a fight with Chael, listing several reasons why it could be highly profitable for him, and also saying that Jones would dominate him. The lead-up to the damning quote from Jones starts at about 1:32 in the video below.
Quote:
Kanan: "Why not just take the fight, do it and make a lot of money?"

Jones: "I totally agree and I'm not sitting here saying that I wouldn't take the fight, I would take the fight in a heartbeat."



Ouch. Well Jones had his chance and said no. That's another notable slip-up revealed in the last few days, with the other major one being his statement on Twitter that he'd never turn down a fight. Keep in mind that tweet was two years ago, the Sonnen quote was last week. Add to that his quote that you'd never have to worry about him getting a DUI and he's built up a bad record of this.

Hahahahahaha im starting to actually like Jon Jones. If going back on his word and saying stupid stuff like "Ima bless you" is his hype routine then it might be better then Chael Sonnens hype routine because atleast we know Chael Sonnen is hyping his fight.

I have never in my life seen someone who cares less about his word then Jon Jones. It means as much to him as the turd i flush down each morning. Jesus crist man just 6 days before he turned down the fight he said he would accept in a heartbeat lmao.

Im starting to wonder if this is Jon Jones shtick like Chael Sonnen has his shtick where he denies saying stuff he obviously said.
__________________


2014 FFL

Robbie Lawler

Daniel Cormier
Rory Macdonald
Alan Patrick
Stephen Thompson
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,491
dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Oh here we go again...

Seriously, give this guy a break. It's already been established a million times that he's a liar. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting death threats right now.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,326
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
Oh here we go again...

Seriously, give this guy a break. It's already been established a million times that he's a liar. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting death threats right now.
Lol true.

When you say you would take a fight in a "heartbeat" you are saying you would take the fight without even thinking about it. You are saying you would take the fight wherever whenever. Yet he couldnt take it on 8 days notice after doing a 3 month training camp. That is the most B**** reason i have seen a champion pull out of a fight.
__________________


2014 FFL

Robbie Lawler

Daniel Cormier
Rory Macdonald
Alan Patrick
Stephen Thompson
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 336
music5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level nowmusic5x5 is on another level now
Guys, I think Greg Jackson got in his head about not being fully prepared. I cant imagine Jones turning down this fight by himself.

Greg Jackson was the same guy that told Guida to run from his opponent for 5 rounds. I can definitely see Greg Jackson convincing Jones to turn down the fight.
music5x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Don$ukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 480
Don$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level now
Jones deserves respect as an athlete and champion, he has amazing attributes and talent. Jones as a true MMA fighter and warrior I cannot respect to the same level. I was neutral to Jones, I didnt like him but I didnt hate him.

Reading this post now sways me to not liking him but I still fully respect his skills.
I cant stand people going against their word especially a fighter who is an idol to fans and champ having exposure to millions.
It even makes me miss Sylvia who I hated but he said he would fight anyone and always remained true, unfortunetly for him a returning Couture dominated and raped him and his warrior pride wont be remembered by all.
__________________
Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,491
dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Lol true.

When you say you would take a fight in a "heartbeat" you are saying you would take the fight without even thinking about it. You are saying you would take the fight wherever whenever. Yet he couldnt take it on 8 days notice after doing a 3 month training camp. That is the most B**** reason i have seen a champion pull out of a fight.
Jon probably thought it was a ridiculous fight and there would have been such to low chance of it happening that he went with the popular answer and said he would take the fight. So he lied...whats new?
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,326
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
Jon probably thought it was a ridiculous fight and there would have been such to low chance of it happening that he went with the popular answer and said he would take the fight. So he lied...whats new?
Well you can tell in the interview that he thought there was no way he would have to fight Chael. He sounded so confident about it it made me laugh. Just like he never thought he would get caught drunk driving so he pretended that he never does and there was no chance of that happening. And you can tell he is comfortable telling lies because it isnt like he was asked a question about whether he drunk drives and then ofcourse to uphold a public image you have to say NO. He is the one that engaged the talk about how the UFC never has to worry about a DUI with him. I for instance could never casually for no reason just throw out a lie. I just dont see the point of doing something like that. Its like if im playing video games with my friends or something and just randomly throw out "so yesterday i hit 300 pounds on the bench" for no reason and tried to get away with it knowing full well i didnt hit that and next time they see me at the gym they will know. lol
__________________


2014 FFL

Robbie Lawler

Daniel Cormier
Rory Macdonald
Alan Patrick
Stephen Thompson
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Don$ukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 480
Don$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level nowDon$ukh is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Well you can tell in the interview that he thought there was no way he would have to fight Chael. He sounded so confident about it it made me laugh. Just like he never thought he would get caught drunk driving so he pretended that he never does and there was no chance of that happening.
I dont think he said the 'fight in a heartbeat' comments due to it not being a reality at that point. I think he said it out of confidence at that time and rightly so. He knew he is one the best MMA fighters in the world and has all the physical tools to fight any style. What really bothers me is that when it became a reality he chose a cowardly path and went back on them words especially fighting a unprepared MW disadvantaged Sonnen.
__________________
Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,326
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don$ukh View Post
I dont think he said the 'fight in a heartbeat' comments due to it not being a reality at that point. I think he said it out of confidence at that time and rightly so. He knew he is one the best MMA fighters in the world and has all the physical tools to fight any style. What really bothers me is that when it became a reality he chose a cowardly path and went back on them words especially fighting a unprepared MW disadvantaged Sonnen.
I definitely think it was because it not being a reality.

He said "in a heartbeat" because he thought there was no way he would have to fight Chael in a heartbeat. He probably felt if he EVER even did have to fight Chael it would be when he had a full training camp to focus on Chael.

But when the "In a heartbeat" moment came he backed down using the worst excuse i have ever heard a champion use.

The guy is obviously a mental midget. Because if Dana or Greg or anyone could have forced Jon Jones to step in to that cage i think he would have performed just as well as ever and shown why he is one of the best. Instead he was too insecure in his own abilities to try. And honestly i find it sad. The guy is a child in so many ways except physically.
__________________


2014 FFL

Robbie Lawler

Daniel Cormier
Rory Macdonald
Alan Patrick
Stephen Thompson
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,491
dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Well you can tell in the interview that he thought there was no way he would have to fight Chael. He sounded so confident about it it made me laugh. Just like he never thought he would get caught drunk driving so he pretended that he never does and there was no chance of that happening. And you can tell he is comfortable telling lies because it isnt like he was asked a question about whether he drunk drives and then ofcourse to uphold a public image you have to say NO. He is the one that engaged the talk about how the UFC never has to worry about a DUI with him. I for instance could never casually for no reason just throw out a lie. I just dont see the point of doing something like that. Its like if im playing video games with my friends or something and just randomly throw out "so yesterday i hit 300 pounds on the bench" for no reason and tried to get away with it knowing full well i didnt hit that and next time they see me at the gym they will know. lol
Honestly, I feel bad for the guy.

Not from a fighting stand-point (because the dude's ass kicker), but from a public relations and public appeal stand-point. EVERY SINGLE THING that Jon Jones has said and done has been scrutinized and criticized to no end what so ever. From lying about DUI, to letting Machida fall to the ground, to lying about not fighting Rashad Evans, to typing "Carrying the cross", etc... Just forget the fact that he's taking responsibility for a card the the universe is blaming him for canceling, you're not aloud to type "Carrying the cross" because apparently that's a sign that you're cocky and arrogant. In the eye's of some fans, Jon Jones can do no right, and I mean literally.

Is Jon Jones the ONLY UFC fighter to lie about something? Is Jon Jones the ONLY UFC fighter to get a DUI? Is Jon Jones the only UFC fighter to not take a fight? I think we can agree that the answer to these questions are no. He may be the first champion to not take a fight (if I'm not mistaken), but seriously, and lets be honest here, do you honestly think Jones was ducking Chael Sonnen, a guy who has no business even being in the same cage with him, especially ever dominating 4 former LHW Champions? Jones has said many times that he's not perfect. He's said many times that he can be beat. But apparently he doesn't mean those things because he's "fake".

Jon has had to be perfectly squeaky clean ever since he as been on the rise. And whats bad is, now has to be even more perfect, because I don't see the UFC backing him for a little while after this. Now I'm sure if he continues to dominate, and make the UFC money, all will be forgiven. But I don't know what it is with some people. Maybe it's true when you rise to the top, that's when the haters come. Maybe some people can't find any holes in the way he fights, so they find holes in his personality, his personal life, and the decisions that he's made.
dlxrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios