Bisping - "Dana and the company needed him and he basically bitched out" - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 08-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,263
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Why do you need motives to tell the truth? I highly doubt the UFC is going to give me a contender fight, but I'll tell you right now Jones bitched out and he is a horrible company man who spit in the face of the people who got him where he is.

Bisping, me, a vast amount of people on this forum and everywhere else in the MMA world are saying so, it has nothing to do with sucking up to Dana.
It's one thing calling another fighter a bitch or a pu$$y. I've no problem with that. I've not really a problem with Bisping saying he would have taken the fight or that he's taken short notice fights before.

But:-

"Dana White and the UFC have built this sport up from zero. Dana and the company needed him and he basically bitched out."

Turns my toes up. It might not bother you, but for me this kind of thing is bollocks. Why not simply call him a bitch and leave it at that? Not saying im right or wrong... but where I come from, saying that kind of thing makes you no friends.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 11,038
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
It's one thing calling another fighter a bitch or a pu$$y. I've no problem with that. I've not really a problem with Bisping saying he would have taken the fight or that he's taken short notice fights before.

But:-

"Dana White and the UFC have built this sport up from zero. Dana and the company needed him and he basically bitched out."

Turns my toes up. It might not bother you, but for me this kind of thing is bollocks. Why not simply call him a bitch and leave it at that? Not saying im right or wrong... but where I come from, saying that kind of thing makes you no friends.
Dana and the UFC are the only reason that Jones is champion and the only reason he can, as someone else said, afford pricey cars that he can wrap around poles while drunk driving.

If the UFC is counting on you to fight, and then you bitch out, you're a bitch and you're a disrespectful asshole, not just cause you're selfish and cost other fighters potential earnings (sponsors, fight of the X awards, etc) cause the fans to lose money on flights and things, but also you disrespected and turned down the company who gave you what you have - bit, or in this case chopped off the hand that feeds you.

Just because it's Bisping and he's a UFC fighter, doesn't mean his opinion is wrong or that he's sucking up, his opinion is right on everything he said.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,263
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Dana and the UFC are the only reason that Jones is champion and the only reason he can, as someone else said, afford pricey cars that he can wrap around poles while drunk driving.
The only reason? Really? So the fact that he has astronomical skills has nothing to do with it?

Look... Jones is a a bitch. I agree. For somebody of his tools and skills to not fight Chael fecking Sonnen is a disgrace in my book. I cant be any clearer then that.

But this whole idea that somehow he ruined a whole card and fecked up everybody's life? Sorry, that's a step too far for me.

And Bisping *is* sucking up no matter how you cut it. I haven't heard any other fighter mention Dana by name like that. Saying in essence "You let Dana down". Its cringe-worthy bollock sucking and has done more to sour my opinion of Bisping over anything else he's ever said or done.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Hiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,006
Hiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Come on now Mike. I'm surprised we can understand your ramblings with you nose shoved so deep up Dana ass.

In truth, Bisping has never held a belt. He's never been in the scenario Bones is in so his opinion counts for nothing. Silva. Edgar. JDS. etc. These guys opinions mean something.

It's difficult being the champ and not getting all Smeagol over the belt. It happened to GSP. Now its happening to Bones. Greg Jackson FTW.
Hmmm I'd say Jones losing the belt isn't as bad as someone like Bisping losing to a another MW and being knocked out of title contention and back to the end of the queue. Not financially, but as a former champ it wouldn't take much to get a another shot.

Aside from that, Bisping is correct regardless. Jones has just walked through Shogun, Rampage, Machida and Evans and he's worried about fighting Chael Sonnen? He's is a selfish sod who is so up himself he'd rather refuse to fight and mess a card up than take a slight risk. We all just saw Anderson stuff Chael's takedowns, what the hell does Jones have to worry about!?

It makes me think he did it more out of principle because he resents Chael's ability to talk himself into fights. I'm sure in one of Jones' tweets when him and Sonnen were going back and forth he said he'd happily 'hurt' Sonnen if he wanted to go to 205...
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 11,038
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
The only reason? Really? So the fact that he has astronomical skills has nothing to do with it?

Look... Jones is a a bitch. I agree. For somebody of his tools and skills to not fight Chael fecking Sonnen is a disgrace in my book. I cant be any clearer then that.

But this whole idea that somehow he ruined a card and fecked up everybody's life? Sorry, that's a step too far for me. And Bisping is sucking up no matter how you cut it. I haven't heard any other fighter mention Dana by name like that. Saying in essence "You let Dana down". Its cringe-worthy bollock sucking and has done more to sour my opinion of Bisping over anything else he's ever done.
Yes, he did ruin a card and screwed everybody. Him, specifically him, he, jones, Jon jones, alone, declined a fight and cancelled the whole card.

His skill? His skill means jack shit if the UFC didn't pay him to use it, if the UFC didn't give him the opportunity to fight, if the UFC didn't offer him a title shot, the UFC and the UFC alone is the reason why Jones is where Jones is at, he could be digging ditches right now without them, and they asked him to do something (that many other fighters do all the time, mind you) to save an entire card, and Jones declines.

As for Bisping, Bisping already fought on very short notice against Sonnen, he put his money where his mouth is. We all know Bisping will step up and fight when called, who is sucking up? Someone who does what his boss asks him? Someone who understands that the only reason he's doing what he's doing is because of the UFC, and when they ask a favor or need something from you unexpected, you step up like a man and like a good employee and take it?
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Forum "Superhero"
 
Thelegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,487
Thelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World RenownThelegend Is World Renown


meh

dana and the company needed him huh?
__________________


JUST SCRAP
Thelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Term's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,178
Term Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By AllTerm Is Beloved By All
I don't really see how expressing gratitude to a boss that has treated you pretty well is sucking up. Putting that aside, I am not a big Jon Jones fan, but I wasn't a hater either. I posted in a couple of threads that I thought it was unfair that many people complained how JJ came off as arrogant. That I attributed to his age, and the fact he is a UFC champ. How do you not be in that position and not be a bit high on yourself. I don't think you can achieve what he has without really believing in yourself. Some fighters can obviously handle it better than others, but again that goes to JJ's age.

All that being said, I really don't get how he could turn down this fight. He had already publicly stated he wasn't going to let Chael talk his way in to another title shot, and maybe his ego wouldn't let him take it. Like it or not Chael did talk himself into another title shot, just JJ wouldn't fight him. Now as pissed as Dana was he will probably make sure JJ fights Chael as soon as he can make it happen. I think JJ wins that fight easy, so why not make Chael get in there with no preparation so he can kick his ass proper. Now Chael is going to get a full camp. I think JJ still wins but he could have got him out the way much easier. Some people say Chael had nothing to lose, I disagree. If he got in there and got completely owned then I don't think he gets another shot at a title, unless Anderson Silva retires.
__________________

Forum GP - Season XI - Champion
Term is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,173
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
Ehh this is just the direction the sport is going in, could you ever see guys like Penn, Chuck, hughs, franklin, randy turning down a fight when they held the belt, heck most of them would of done it a day after a fight if dana asked if they could.
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,263
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Yes, he did ruin a card and screwed everybody. Him, specifically him, he, jones, Jon jones, alone, declined a fight and cancelled the whole card.
Well, I simply don't agree. Since when is it in Jones power to cancel a card? They have run UK UFC cards that are far worse then 151 without the Bones/Hendo fight. Why not just run the card anyway?

Man, I cant believe I'm defending the Jones, the fecking idiot. What are you lot doing to me?!

As far as Bisping goes, I'm unmoved. From here on, he shall be known to me as the brown limpet.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #30 (permalink)
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 7,523
Blog Entries: 1
oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Well, I simply don't agree. Since when is it in Jones power to cancel a card? They have run UK UFC cards that are far worse then 151 without the Bones/Hendo fight. Why not just run the card anyway?

Man, I cant believe I'm defending the Jones, the fecking idiot. What are you lot doing to me?!

As far as Bisping goes, I'm unmoved. From here on, he shall be known to me as the brown limpet.
You can't defend the card killer.

He. Must. Pay.

edit: Bisping's an American now. We love him.
__________________
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios