Anderson Silva on Chris Weidman: 'I Didn't Refuse Anything, I'm Here to Fight! - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 08:19 AM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,282
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
beating Lombard when he's on his game is a massive achievement and directly warrents a title shot.
wait, you said that Weidman has wins over nobodies. Isn't 85% of Lombard's wins over nobodies as well?

sigpic by Toxic

Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler


hellholming is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 AM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,569
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellholming View Post
wait, you said that Weidman has wins over nobodies. Isn't 85% of Lombard's wins over nobodies as well?
Yes. How is everyone getting my opponent suggestions misconscrewed so badly?

I don't think Lombard is near a title shot. He'd need at least 3 DOMINATING wins before being considered. With that being said, everyone knows his skills and abilities and legitimacy as a fighter. Everyone knows Weidman's skills, abilities and legitimacy as a fighter. If Weidman beat Lombard (If Lombard performs different from the Botsche fight), then of course that's a big win and one everyone will respect.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:34 AM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,282
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Yes. How is everyone getting my opponent suggestions misconscrewed so badly?

I don't think Lombard is near a title shot. He'd need at least 3 DOMINATING wins before being considered. With that being said, everyone knows his skills and abilities and legitimacy as a fighter. Everyone knows Weidman's skills, abilities and legitimacy as a fighter. If Weidman beat Lombard (If Lombard performs different from the Botsche fight), then of course that's a big win and one everyone will respect.
ah, thanks for clearing that up.

sigpic by Toxic

Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler


hellholming is offline  
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 AM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,569
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellholming View Post
ah, thanks for clearing that up.
Weidman is the most legit contender, but I don't think he IS a legit contender, if you get me. Well, not based off two good opponents anyways.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:13 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,752
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Weidman is the most legit contender, but I don't think he IS a legit contender, if you get me. Well, not based off two good opponents anyways.
Exactly the problem. I wrote a post more then a year ago ranting about the wafer thin depth of the divisions in the UFC. Dana using words like "stacked" all the time when the reality is they are far from it. Remove the top 5 from any division and you are left with fighters not deserving of a title shot. Any division with a dominant champion is soon left scraping barrels.

This is why any form of UFC rankings are useless. Being a "top 10" fighter means 1000x more in boxing then the UFC. The term "top 10" doesn't work when you only have 20 quality fighters. Wheres the prestige in being "top 50%"?

Chris Weidman is a top 5 UFC middleweight and yet he's barely had any top level fights. Ridiculous. We should ban the use of terms like "top 5" and "top 10". Makes us sound like idiots to fans of other sports where those terms carry serious kudos.
Soojooko is offline  
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 AM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,569
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Exactly the problem. I wrote a post more then a year ago ranting about the wafer thin depth of the divisions in the UFC. Dana using words like "stacked" all the time when the reality is they are far from it. Remove the top 5 from any division and you are left with fighters not deserving of a title shot. Any division with a dominant champion is soon left scraping barrels.

This is why any form of UFC rankings are useless. Being a "top 10" fighter means 1000x more in boxing then the UFC. The term "top 10" doesn't work when you only have 20 quality fighters. Wheres the prestige in being "top 50%"?

Chris Weidman is a top 5 UFC middleweight and yet he's barely had any top level fights. Ridiculous. We should ban the use of terms like "top 5" and "top 10". Makes us sound like idiots to fans of other sports where those terms carry serious kudos.
Yeah, lets say Wiedman gets the shot.

The next challenger will probably be Bispin/Stann Vs Belcher. Then who? Weidman will be gone, Bisping/Stann and Belcher will all be gone (After Silva beats the winner of them).

I cant wait for Silva to retire because it solidifies his legend and opens up the division.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome