MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Jose Aldo hit by car, relegated to public transportation until UFC 153 (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/104917-jose-aldo-hit-car-relegated-public-transportation-until-ufc-153-a.html)

Rauno 09-03-2012 04:09 PM

Jose Aldo hit by car, relegated to public transportation until UFC 153
 
Quote:


That was close.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo was hit by a car over the weekend while traveling on his motorcycle in Brazil. "Junior" was unharmed during the accident, but his coach, Andre Pederneiras, has instructed his star pupil to stay off the streets for the next few weeks.

Fighters Only has the report:

Teammates Luis Ramos and Alexandre Baixinho, who live close to the place where "Scarface" was involved in the car crash, showed up immediately and took Aldo to the gym for a meet with head coach Andre Pederneiras.

After checking that everything was OK with Jose, "Dede" recommended his athlete only to take taxis until October 13th, the date in which he will face off Frankie Edgar.


Whew.

Considering this is the same type of accident that nearly ended the career of UFC Heavyweight Frank Mir, Aldo is lucky to escape unscathed. I'm sure Frankie Edgar is also relieved, considering "The Answer" recently opted to fill in for the injured Erik Koch at UFC 153 on Oct. 13 in Rio.

All's well that ends well.
MMAMania

Glad he's okay. He shouldn't be driving a motorcycle one month into his fight though..

hellholming 09-03-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rauno (Post 1623133)
Glad he's okay. He shouldn't be driving a motorcycle one month into his fight though..

It's not like driving a car is any safer. :p

Rauno 09-03-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellholming (Post 1623135)
It's not like driving a car is any safer. :p

Well yeah but..yeah.. :confused05:

The Horticulturist 09-03-2012 04:19 PM

Frankie relieved?? He was almost off the hook!

Voiceless 09-03-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Teammates Luis Ramos and Alexandre Baixinho, who live close to the place where "Scarface" was involved in the car crash, showed up immediately and took Aldo to the gym for a meet with head coach Andre Pederneiras.
They brought him to the gym instead of a doctor to check if really nothing happened to him¿ Then it really must only have been a little bump, else :confused03:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellholming (Post 1623135)
It's not like driving a car is any safer. :p

I'd rather have a ton of steel around me than just thin air when I get into contact with another car... :confused02:

hellholming 09-03-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rauno (Post 1623138)
Well yeah but..yeah.. :confused05:

well yeah, I guess except when you actually get in an accident being in a car could be better but....

Ryan1522 09-03-2012 04:22 PM

Damn this just proves to me how non-mainstream the UFC.

if these guys were getting NBA money they'd have standard clauses in their contracts preventing them from riding bikes.

As much as I love motorcycles, everyone that rides one or knows riders, knows someone who's been severely injured or killed on them.

Glad to hear he's okay so he can wreck Edgar at 153.

hellholming 09-03-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1522 (Post 1623143)
everyone that rides one or knows riders, knows someone who's been severely injured or killed on them.

I ride, and nope.

Ryan1522 09-03-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellholming (Post 1623144)
I ride, and nope.

I've busted up my knee pretty good. My cousin broke his leg, his good friend was killed by a truck making a wide turn, and my mother's friend in high school was killed as a passenger.

hellholming 09-03-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan1522 (Post 1623148)
I've busted up my knee pretty good. My cousin broke his leg, his good friend was killed by a truck making a wide turn, and my mother's friend in high school was killed as a passenger.

yeah, but that's not everyone.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome