Jon (Bones) Jones has unfinished business after UFC 152 - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Last Friday is in the works and Chris Tucker has said that he wants to be involved. Awesome...
****in' a!

didn't know that.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 212
                     
“It just comes with being me, man, it just comes with the job,” Jones said. “People hate guys who are good what they do. It happens with all dominant teams — people want to see them lose. They can’t find anything to say about my game, so they attack (my) personality. You’ve got to bring down the guy on top, some way, some how. Even saying this, people will be like, ‘What an arrogant bastard.’ Even though I’m just telling the truth."

Good for you Jones! You just hit the nail on the head...
Aiken is offline  
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 04:59 PM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,274
                     
hit the nail on the head?

I don't see swarms of people trying to bring down Anderson Silva.... or Fedor when he was on top, or even GSP even if some people call him boring. And what about JDS? you don't find a more well liked champion than that.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,499
                     
Loving the new Jones attitude. Call people out for the shit they try to do, everyone either loves or hates him already, why not just do it?
cdtcpl is offline  
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,049
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
“It just comes with being me, man, it just comes with the job,” Jones said. “People hate guys who are good what they do. It happens with all dominant teams — people want to see them lose. They can’t find anything to say about my game, so they attack (my) personality. You’ve got to bring down the guy on top, some way, some how. Even saying this, people will be like, ‘What an arrogant bastard.’ Even though I’m just telling the truth."

Good for you Jones! You just hit the nail on the head...
What ever happened to bandwagoning?

Dominic Cruz - Not a lot of hate, but he's a bit of a boring character so not a lot of attention is given to him.

Jose Aldo - Never seen anyone say a bad word about him. Maybe some people prefer KZ or Edgar but no one dislikes Aldo.

Ben Henderson - He gets hate, but it's because people feel like he doesn't deserve to be the champion. I'm not a fan of him, but I don't have an issue with him and do feel that he deserves to be the champion, even though I edged Edgar in the second fight.

GSP - People want to see him lose, but no one really HATES him. He is boring, we all know it. But he is a nice guy, is a committed guy and everyone respects his abilities. I haven't really see anyone hate him though, he hasnt really done much to warrent it.

Anderson Silva - Greatest of all time. If he gets hate, it's from a "hater", and I hate people who say haters "I'm a hater I guess". Everyone respects Silva and everyone likes to see him do something special when he gets out there.

Junior Dos Santos - If someone wants him to lose, they are a Cain Velasquez fan. Everyone loves this guy unless he's fighting your favourite. Great personality and very talented fight who brings something different to the table.

Jon Jones - Most people hate him.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,049
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Loving the new Jones attitude. Call people out for the shit they try to do, everyone either loves or hates him already, why not just do it?
So he calls people out...on being injured? Wow, Hendo you just got EXPOSED!

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:16 PM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
“It just comes with being me, man, it just comes with the job,” Jones said. “People hate guys who are good what they do. It happens with all dominant teams — people want to see them lose. They can’t find anything to say about my game, so they attack (my) personality. You’ve got to bring down the guy on top, some way, some how. Even saying this, people will be like, ‘What an arrogant bastard.’ Even though I’m just telling the truth."

Good for you Jones! You just hit the nail on the head...
He didn't hit the nail on the head, it's a cop out. He doesn't understand why people talk shit about him. He thinks they are all "haters", he's completely blind to why people dislike him.







El Bresko is offline  
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,049
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
He didn't hit the nail on the head, it's a cop out. He doesn't understand why people talk shit about him. He thinks they are all "haters", he's completely blind to why people dislike him.
Just like everyone else who uses the word "haters".

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Has there ever been a more disliked fighter than Jones? Maybe Brock, but I don't know, this guy's on a roll and I love it, the butthurt oozing off the fans is just incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
What ever happened to bandwagoning?

Dominic Cruz - Not a lot of hate, but he's a bit of a boring character so not a lot of attention is given to him.

Jose Aldo - Never seen anyone say a bad word about him. Maybe some people prefer KZ or Edgar but no one dislikes Aldo.

Ben Henderson - He gets hate, but it's because people feel like he doesn't deserve to be the champion. I'm not a fan of him, but I don't have an issue with him and do feel that he deserves to be the champion, even though I edged Edgar in the second fight.

GSP - People want to see him lose, but no one really HATES him. He is boring, we all know it. But he is a nice guy, is a committed guy and everyone respects his abilities. I haven't really see anyone hate him though, he hasnt really done much to warrent it.

Anderson Silva - Greatest of all time. If he gets hate, it's from a "hater", and I hate people who say haters "I'm a hater I guess". Everyone respects Silva and everyone likes to see him do something special when he gets out there.

Junior Dos Santos - If someone wants him to lose, they are a Cain Velasquez fan. Everyone loves this guy unless he's fighting your favourite. Great personality and very talented fight who brings something different to the table.

Jon Jones - Most people hate him.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Don't talk shit about Dominick Cruz, that's a can of worms you don't even wanna get opened around these parts!

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 06:00 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellholming View Post
hit the nail on the head?

I don't see swarms of people trying to bring down Anderson Silva.... or Fedor when he was on top, or even GSP even if some people call him boring. And what about JDS? you don't find a more well liked champion than that.
I don't know, chief. Silva, GSP, and even Fedor get their fair share of grief. Though you're entirely right about JDS. He's what a champion ought to be. Ambitious, yet respectful. And he's one of few that will legitimately fight anyone, anytime.

Jones is a straight up turd of a human being. Though I'd rather he embrace who is he than act like such a God damn phoney. And to be fair, if Henderson was content to call him a 'kid' then Jones is entitled to call him an 'old man'. All's fair in that regard.

Realistically, Henderson hardly dodged a bullet. He may have caught an ass whooping, but here's a man who has made a career out of doing precisely what Jones is unwilling to do. Any fan worth his weight knows Henderson is the real deal and that Jones is just spouting nonsense.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome