Direction of the UFC - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,171
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
I just miss seeing fighters, all i have been seeing lately is sports stars and business men, it shows up big time in their so called fights.
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,448
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
*Notices sport is getting bigger*
*Complains like fuk*

You hipster ***gots. You only act like this because it's no longer "original" to be a UFC fan lmao. UFC puts on the fights we want to see CONSTANTLY. Like every single event has a fight we want to see. It's run amazingly and it's the best possible time to be a fan. Stfu and appreciate how awesome a sport it is.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,693
SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
RIP Pride FC. It's not just money, it's the American rules. You simply were not allowed to not fight in Pride, it did not matter what those guys were being paid, the ref made sure they fought. MMA at it's finest.

The fighters were also in fantastic shape all the time, they had to be because every fight had a ten minute first round. People now laugh at this, saying long rounds and kicks to downed opponents are too brutal... look at the fights it produced, the FIGHTERS it produced.

I think the idea of average skill level being higher nowadays is exaggerated too.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,448
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
RIP Pride FC. It's not just money, it's the American rules. You simply were not allowed to not fight in Pride, it did not matter what those guys were being paid, the ref made sure they fought. MMA at it's finest.
Pride was fun, but I wouldnt say that people DONT FIGHT ain the UFC. Condit Vs Diaz and Guida Vs Maynard are my only examples of that ever happening. MMA is an all body sport. Just because you arent punching as much, doesnt mean you're not fighting. Wrestling, grappling, control, it's all fighting. I mean sure, my favourite fighters list below consists of strikers and Nog (who has been in many more exciting wars than anyone else), but I'm not some newcomer fan to MMA. I respect every level of the game and just because two guys are rolling around grappling doesnt mean there isnt a lot of skill and excitment there for a fan.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
mac9955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 41
mac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura aboutmac9955 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsidious View Post

"We are quickly approaching the *exact* same issues that have destroyed boxing as a sport. Fighters are not in it for the same reasons that the pioneers of the sport were
."
they are turning into the WWE.

When an organization, in the space of 10 days or so, offers a shot at the LHW belt to a MW on a losing streak, and offers a shot at the featherweight title to a LW on a 2 fight losing streak, you can stop watching MMA, because it is officially a joke.

If I want to watch the WWE, I will, and thats where the UFC is headed, fast.

I never liked the WWE, and I never liked boxing with it's absurdly padded records, and MMA is getting more like both of them all the time.
The fact of Chael Getting a title shot was to save the show, People Have to Understand this. But I agree, It's just absurd to give Edgar a Title Shot, It's the reason why I stopped watching WWE a long time ago, Wins/Losses have no credibility and They Have to Understand that.
mac9955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,448
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9955 View Post
The fact of Chael Getting a title shot was to save the show, People Have to Understand this. But I agree, It's just absurd to give Edgar a Title Shot, It's the reason why I stopped watching WWE a long time ago, Wins/Losses have no credibility and They Have to Understand that.
Lmfao at not watching WWE because of win/loss records haha.

Edgar is the best fighter not named Aldo at FW, had a world title 2 fights ago (and disputable should still have one), is the biggest draw at FW and was only stepping in as a late replacement....but yeah, UFC dont know shit.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,693
SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Pride was fun, but I wouldnt say that people DONT FIGHT ain the UFC. Condit Vs Diaz and Guida Vs Maynard are my only examples of that ever happening. MMA is an all body sport. Just because you arent punching as much, doesnt mean you're not fighting. Wrestling, grappling, control, it's all fighting. I mean sure, my favourite fighters list below consists of strikers and Nog (who has been in many more exciting wars than anyone else), but I'm not some newcomer fan to MMA. I respect every level of the game and just because two guys are rolling around grappling doesnt mean there isnt a lot of skill and excitment there for a fan.
You'll find some of the best grappling heavy MMA fights ever in Pride. If you're not working for position or submission, stand up. If you move too much into the ropes, move to center where there is nothing but two fighters and open ground to work on. Perfect.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,448
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
You'll find some of the best grappling heavy MMA fights ever in Pride. If you're not working for position or submission, stand up. If you move too much into the ropes, move to center where there is nothing but two fighters and open ground to work on. Perfect.
The ring was awful to me, but I get your point. UFC fighters smash Pride fighters imo though. Theres a reason Pride didn't do too well when it moved over to UFC. It's not because "everyone was past it", it's because the UFC has the best collection of fighters on the planet. Sure, sometimes that doesnt make for the greatest finishes, but it does make for the greatest competitors.

UFC might not always be exciting but when you have a "boring" fight with a masterclass of skill, I tend to omit the lack of excitment and get into the display or ability.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 8,902
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
RIP Pride FC. It's not just money, it's the American rules. You simply were not allowed to not fight in Pride, it did not matter what those guys were being paid, the ref made sure they fought. MMA at it's finest.

The fighters were also in fantastic shape all the time, they had to be because every fight had a ten minute first round. People now laugh at this, saying long rounds and kicks to downed opponents are too brutal... look at the fights it produced, the FIGHTERS it produced.

I think the idea of average skill level being higher nowadays is exaggerated too.
I can't possibly get behind soccer kicks and that bogus purse deduction, I'd like to see knees to the head brought back but I think those rules are far too violent for a sport, which is why I watch MMA not for the fighting aspect but the sport aspect of it.

The stand up rule, my opinion on it is well known, it's garbage and it needs to be eliminated, the only rule change I would be open to is knees to the head, I'm sick of seeing guys put their hands on the mat and avoid getting kneed in the head.

People need to accept the fact that the sport has moved on and the Chuck Liddells, Wanderlei Silvas, Fedors of the world, they're gone or are on their way out. We're in the Jon Jones/Rory MacDonald/Anthony Pettis/Chris Weidman era right now and the money now is more than it ever has been.

They do need to make people fight though, Anderson being allowed to just sit on a title and not defend it for a year is a joke.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,448
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I can't possibly get behind soccer kicks and that bogus purse deduction, I'd like to see knees to the head brought back but I think those rules are far too violent for a sport, which is why I watch MMA not for the fighting aspect but the sport aspect of it.

The stand up rule, my opinion on it is well known, it's garbage and it needs to be eliminated, the only rule change I would be open to is knees to the head, I'm sick of seeing guys put their hands on the mat and avoid getting kneed in the head.

People need to accept the fact that the sport has moved on and the Chuck Liddells, Wanderlei Silvas, Fedors of the world, they're gone or are on their way out. We're in the Jon Jones/Rory MacDonald/Anthony Pettis/Chris Weidman era right now and the money now is more than it ever has been.

They do need to make people fight though, Anderson being allowed to just sit on a title and not defend it for a year is a joke.
Agreed with everything.

*Checks poster*

WHAT?



But yeah, these days fighters are so much more complete, which sure, makes for slightly less exciting fights. I hate that hand being down aswell. It needs to be looked at again. Something to do with both knees being down or something like that.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios