Direction of the UFC - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Hendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 311
Hendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the rough
Ufc promote way to much drama. They want and push fighter to hate each other i really dont like dana and chael . the ufc for me kind of lost is magic. I still watch mma but the excitement is not there any more. PRIDE 16 - BEASTS FROM THE EAST got me addicted to mma but the game changed since then

__________________
FML

Last edited by Hendo : 09-09-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Hendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,880
MikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of KnowledgeMikeHawk Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Pride had awesome rules and great fights but let's not act like the company wasn't shady as hell.
MikeHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,370
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
But forreal, freakshows were legit.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,199
Dtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level now
I agree with the overall theme of this thread. Dana has been taking the UFC in the wrong direction ever since he got the FOX deal, I guess it went to his head and now he's trying to change MMA. It is becoming more like WWE where drama and entertainment are more important than the sport. The fact that Chael Sonnen got offered a title shot against Bones after he started beef on Twitter pretty much sums it up. Another example is Fertitta declaring that Hardy will always be welcome in the UFC because he has an entertaining style (he said this right after Hardy had his 4th loss in a row and everybody was calling for him to be cut instead of headlining shows).

Also the UFC is slowly becoming more like boxing where fighters are ducking other fighters and getting a title shot has become more about politics than about who is the most deserving from the perspective of sport. Money corrupted boxing, and it is slowly beginning to do the same to the UFC because with all the money on the line now fighters, managers, and promoters are taking a different approach to protect their own financial interests.
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #25 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,187
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
The pioneers of the sport were a bunch of back alley toughs and mcdojo blackbelts that threw windmill punches. Pride's excitement was fueled by roids and mismatched cans.

If you miss it so much, no one is forcing you to watch the elites in the ufc, you are free to watch smaller leagues, amateurs, vale tudo or the laest bum fights tape for that matter. I'm sure theyll start winging for your pleasure with little to no training and planning.

Mma has none of the same problems as boxing. Boxing sucks because it's a watered down hugfest with kos coming once every 2 years. In mma, besides the occasional lnp (which still existed in the shamrock / severn era), the sport is still exciting as hell with regular finishes and ever deadlier techniques.

Thank you for creating another thinly veiled jones attack thread.
Liddellianenko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #26 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 5,370
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
I agree with the overall theme of this thread. Dana has been taking the UFC in the wrong direction ever since he got the FOX deal, I guess it went to his head and now he's trying to change MMA. It is becoming more like WWE where drama and entertainment are more important than the sport. The fact that Chael Sonnen got offered a title shot against Bones after he started beef on Twitter pretty much sums it up. Another example is Fertitta declaring that Hardy will always be welcome in the UFC because he has an entertaining style (he said this right after Hardy had his 4th loss in a row and everybody was calling for him to be cut instead of headlining shows).

Also the UFC is slowly becoming more like boxing where fighters are ducking other fighters and getting a title shot has become more about politics than about who is the most deserving from the perspective of sport. Money corrupted boxing, and it is slowly beginning to do the same to the UFC because with all the money on the line now fighters, managers, and promoters are taking a different approach to protect their own financial interests.
Disagree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
The pioneers of the sport were a bunch of back alley toughs and mcdojo blackbelts that threw windmill punches. Pride's excitement was fueled by roids and mismatched cans.

If you miss it so much, no one is forcing you to watch the elites in the ufc, you are free to watch smaller leagues, amateurs, vale tudo or the laest bum fights tape for that matter. I'm sure theyll start winging for your pleasure with little to no training and planning.

Mma has none of the same problems as boxing. Boxing sucks because it's a watered down hugfest with kos coming once every 2 years. In mma, besides the occasional lnp (which still existed in the shamrock / severn era), the sport is still exciting as hell with regular finishes and ever deadlier techniques.

Thank you for creating another thinly veiled jones attack thread.
Agree 90% (except what you said about boxing).
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
M_D
Homicidal Maniac
 
M_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 6,171
Blog Entries: 1
M_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is UntouchableM_D Is Untouchable
I actually did not like Pride, i just miss guys comming into the octagon to give it their all and leave everything in the cage in a great fight, win or lose they knew they put on a great fight, now they come in to win and thats all, yes there is a few that i believe still follow the old philosophy but not many and it shows in the kind of fights we have been getting

As to the person that said we should all stfu because ufc has been giving us fights we want to see every card, this is true they have but when the fight starts all that fades for the people i want to see fight just want to win and not fight.
__________________


Over! 2,000,000 Views!

P4P Best Fighter
Angely Lane
M_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Hendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 311
Hendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
I actually did not like Pride, i just miss guys comming into the octagon to give it their all and leave everything in the cage in a great fight, win or lose they knew they put on a great fight, now they come in to win and thats all, yes there is a few that i believe still follow the old philosophy but not many and it shows in the kind of fights we have been getting

As to the person that said we should all stfu because ufc has been giving us fights we want to see every card, this is true they have but when the fight starts all that fades for the people i want to see fight just want to win and not fight.
i know there was or still a debate about pride vs ufc. But as a mma fan how can u not like some thing that gave us some of the most holy shit moment in mma

Don frye vs Yoshihiro Takayama slugfest
Ryo chonan flying heel hook on the p4p best at the moment
Bob sapp vs big nog
Cro cop kicking people to the grave
Gilbert yvel vs Gary Goodridge
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Royce Gracie
Alistair Overeem vs. Chuck Liddell
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Kevin Randleman
Wanderlei Silva vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
Mauricio Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

Okay Maybe it was a fishy compagnie but those japanese people know how to make a show. the problem i got with the ufc is the direction they took with reality tv. ( not every thing came out bad on tuf) but the drama and the editing they do is shit they show a little bit of training shit load of drama and the fight ) They dont do tournemant any more and the scoring system is the same as boxing. Win 2 round and gg.
__________________
FML
Hendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,691
SM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSM33 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_D View Post
I actually did not like Pride, i just miss guys comming into the octagon to give it their all and leave everything in the cage in a great fight, win or lose they knew they put on a great fight, now they come in to win and thats all, yes there is a few that i believe still follow the old philosophy but not many and it shows in the kind of fights we have been getting

As to the person that said we should all stfu because ufc has been giving us fights we want to see every card, this is true they have but when the fight starts all that fades for the people i want to see fight just want to win and not fight.
THIS. Not sure as an MMA fan why you disliked Pride but that's beside the point.

The fun factor in the UFC is undoubtedly shrinking. There are too many ways to win via not fighting, the rules, referees and judges they have to use are completely flawed, the commentary is bland and on Goldy's part horribly inaccurate.

I still watch every event, either live or the next day with Sky record. I still find it exciting and still see great fighters emerging all the time. I definitely get more fun out of the lower ranked fights lately though, guys who don't have a huge name, guys on the prelims. There will always be that fierce tension of a renowned fighter walking to the cage, but too often over the past year are those big fights a bit bland and frankly unimpressive.

Money, fighters, and the combination of the two is not the problem. Fighters must be paid, and like anyone else they try to get as much as they can as easily as they can, which is fine. Just eliminate the easy paths to the dough, like the way fights are scored and refereed, and the fights will change. None of these guys are scared to fight, but lately I see the fear to lose. If you are prepared for a fight, confident in your body, your skills and mental strength, losing is not an option. You think you can't lose. Then if you do lose, you come back even hungrier. I don't see that in certain fighters lately even when they claim to be highly prepared.

I don't want to watch mindless brawling, I don't want to watch full body fencing either. I want to see skilled aggression and defense, I want fighters to see the 15 or 25 minute limit as a challenge, you have this amount of time to impose your talent and stop this human from doing the same. Don't look at it as how long you've got to stall and look busy, then nail cardiovascular exercises for three months.
__________________
SM33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 4,762
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Pride had a better judging criteria, how can the ufc not end up like boxing when the criteria is so similar?

I also liked Pride's card criteria.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios