Does Brock belong in the UFC Hall of Fame? - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Should he be inducted to the Hall of Fame in the future?
Yes 11 16.92%
No 54 83.08%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 10:29 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,446
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
He gets spoke about 100 times more than Matt Hughes.
True, but I can think of at least half a dozen truly great fights that Matt hughes has been in.

I can think of only 1 (Mir at UFC100) at a push that Lesnar has been in.
Killz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,756
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
He gets spoke about 100 times more than Matt Hughes.
I disagree. Lesnar got spoken about for a few months, but from here on, you wont hear shit about Brock Lesnar. Matt Hughes name will always come up in conversion, because he actually did something in MMA. He came into MMA and did something nobody else had done before. Something of substance and worthy of acknowledgement.

the best thing Lesnar ever did was murk Mir. As fantastic as that was?... no cigar I'm afraid.
Soojooko is offline  
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,591
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
True, but I can think of at least half a dozen truly great fights that Matt hughes has been in.

I can think of only 1 (Mir at UFC100) at a push that Lesnar has been in.
What I meant was that you can't base someones legacy on how much they get spoken about now. Royce Gracie doesn't get too much attention either, and when was the last time a Mark Coleman thread was posted?

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,301
                     
Mask was inducted, Brock's contributions to the sport are measured by pay per view buys.

Point Blank Brock brought money into MMA so did Mask. It's odd that 1 man is a hero in the other man a villain.

"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Flyweight
 
Jags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 342
                     
NO he shouldn't

Dan 'THE OUTLAW' Hardy

Mauricio 'SHOGUN' Rua
Alexander 'THE MAULER' Gustafsson
Brad 'ONE PUNCH' Pickett
John 'THE HITMAN' Hathaway
Frankie 'THE ANSWER' Edgar

Jags is offline  
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,446
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Mask was inducted, Brock's contributions to the sport are measured by pay per view buys.

Point Blank Brock brought money into MMA so did Mask. It's odd that 1 man is a hero in the other man a villain.
You think Mask would have been inducted if he hadnt been killed?

Totally different scenario comparing Lesnar and Mask.
Killz is offline  
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 11:44 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,756
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
What I meant was that you can't base someones legacy on how much they get spoken about now. Royce Gracie doesn't get too much attention either, and when was the last time a Mark Coleman thread was posted?
Again, I disagree. When we talk of the early UFC, Royce always comes up fondly in conversation. You cant reminisce without digging a bit of Royce. Do you think anybody is going to remember Lesnar in 10 years?

The reason people talk about these fighters is because they did amazing, timeless things. All the fighters in the HoF so far have provided us with magic moments that we wont forget. Lesnar has done squat by comparison.

In a nutshell, damn right if nobody talks about a fighter at all he doesn't deserve to be in the HoF... because if we aint talking about them, it means they aint done shit.
Soojooko is offline  
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,301
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
What I meant was that you can't base someones legacy on how much they get spoken about now. Royce Gracie doesn't get too much attention either, and when was the last time a Mark Coleman thread was posted?
fame /fām/

Noun The condition of being known or talked about by many people, esp. on account of notable achievements. Synonyms renown - reputation - glory -repute - name - kudos

"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline  
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 12:34 PM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,226
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
You think Mask would have been inducted if he hadnt been killed?

Totally different scenario comparing Lesnar and Mask.
Ya Mask was inducted because of his relationship with the company and the fact he died. If he had lived a full life he would never be in the HoF.

If they wanna get the HoF back on track and make it look legit someday then no. Brock did numbers but was a flash in the pan.


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 09-11-2012, 01:07 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,591
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Again, I disagree. When we talk of the early UFC, Royce always comes up fondly in conversation. You cant reminisce without digging a bit of Royce. Do you think anybody is going to remember Lesnar in 10 years?

The reason people talk about these fighters is because they did amazing, timeless things. All the fighters in the HoF so far have provided us with magic moments that we wont forget. Lesnar has done squat by comparison.

In a nutshell, damn right if nobody talks about a fighter at all he doesn't deserve to be in the HoF... because if we aint talking about them, it means they aint done shit.
If you talk about "early UFC" then Royce will come up. But thats very specific. If you talk about UFC PPV Buys Brock will also come up. I just think it's a bad indicator because as soon as someone retires or is inactive for a long time, they will become irrelevent and obviously not brought up a lot.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome