GSP & Spider fight not happening anytime soon - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,622
Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
It is different because Bones himself has also said he doesn't want to fight Anderson. So neither guy is looking for that fight...

How can you say Silva fans cannot talk? When Silva has fought at 168-205 3 different weight classes. Where as GSP has never moved any weight for one single fight? How can you say this when Silva isn't in his prime like GSP, he is almost 38 years old? How can you compare the 2 when one guy has been the best in the world at 2 different weights and the other guy has never stepped outside of 170?

You are more of a fanboy/bias fan because you are canadian. I am not brazilian. I may be a fan but countrymen bias isn;t clouding my judgement...

I agree with you on the Condit statement.
What in the hell are you even going on about? I said that no one is giving Anderson flack for not wanting to fight Jones, but that they'll come out in droves to call GSP a coward because he doesn't yet want to fight Anderson. I was comparing the scenarios, and not the fighters. At the end of the day, GSP is the WW champion, and if he doesn't want to fight Silva right now, such is his prerogative. The WW champion wants to rule over the WW division... I know, I know, what a ridiculous concept.

Where was I comparing their weight, their fight history, or anything like that? I can't even tell what you're getting at with that mumbo jumbo. Here's the comparison... let me spell it out for you. Anderson doesn't want to fight Jones, and his fans call it 'respect'. GSP may not want to fight Anderson just yet, and it gets labelled as 'fear'. It's illogical.

You lost any credibility you may have had with your 'argument' when you accused me of being biased because I'm Canadian. Being Canadian doesn't mean by default that I'm a fan of Canadian fighters. What a ridiculous and, frankly, cop out argument to make
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,295
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
What in the hell are you even going on about? I said that no one is giving Anderson flack for not wanting to fight Jones, but that they'll come out in droves to call GSP a coward because he doesn't yet want to fight Anderson. I was comparing the scenarios, and not the fighters. At the end of the day, GSP is the WW champion, and if he doesn't want to fight Silva right now, such is his prerogative. The WW champion wants to rule over the WW division... I know, I know, what a ridiculous concept.
What do you have to say for the fcat that Jones doesn't want to fight Anderson either? So how is anyone supposed to give Anderson flack when they both have said they don't want it?

What do you have to say to the fact that ANderson has fought in 3 different weight classes and is almost 38 years old? What do you have to say when I tell you THAT is why Anderson doesn't get any flack also. Because GSP has NEVER done this yet is the P4P #2?

Why don't you actually answer some of the points I stated rather than act like my post made no sense?

Why are you even talking about Bones/ANderson? How is that even relevant? Is Dana White talking about that fight? Why are you comparing a fight that has been talked about for years, is being talked about a lot by the president of the UFC, who at least 1 of the fighters involved wants....with a Bones/Anderson fight? 1 is reality and 1 is your made up fantasy fight that isn't even on the table...

Why avoid all of this?

You completely avoid the fact that Bones has said he doesn't want that fight either. You avoid the fact that that fight isn't even being talked about while the GSP/Silva matchup has been talked about for years?

Last edited by jonnyg4508 : 09-10-2012 at 08:49 PM.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,295
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Why act like a 5 year old that points a finger and tries to tattle on another kid "jimmy does it too MOM!".

Why point to a fight that isn't even on the table? WHy are you so against a SIlva/GSP fight?

Is it because we all know Silva would whoop that ass? I think it is..
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 8,999
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
P4P is a made up fantasy list, why is that even being brought up?

If Anderson wants to fight GSP so bad, then he can go to 170 since he's the one whose fought in all these weight classes. GSP doesn't HAVE to fight anyone that doesn't fight at Welterweight.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,295
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
P4P is a made up fantasy list, why is that even being brought up?

If Anderson wants to fight GSP so bad, then he can go to 170 since he's the one whose fought in all these weight classes. GSP doesn't HAVE to fight anyone that doesn't fight at Welterweight.
We don't need to say P4P then. GSP is the 2nd best fighter ever in my opinion and many others. Is that better for you?

Anderson said he would. GSP also has said that the fight should be at 180lbs. So I really don't understand what you are talking about?
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,075
Calminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
....GSP fans don't want it. They go as far to say they don't see the appeal of the fight. Instead of admitting GSP would lose, they are quick to point a finger at Anderson for not moving weight (which at least he has, GSP has never done it once). They look for someone else to blame. They don't want the fight because they know GSP would get handled and can't accept that fact...
Where do you get this nonsense from. I want the find, and believe GSP dominates. Moving down to a catchweight was be a very dumb move on Silva's part.
Calminian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,295
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calminian View Post
Where do you get this nonsense from. I want the find, and believe GSP dominates. Moving down to a catchweight was be a very dumb move on Silva's part.
As with anything I mean majority. Nothing is ever 100%. That was meant more for Canadian Psycho and those types who seem to be opposed to the fight. Anyone that opposes the fight is usually a GSP supporter from what I have seen.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 8,999
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
We don't need to say P4P then. GSP is the 2nd best fighter ever in my opinion and many others. Is that better for you?

Anderson said he would. GSP also has said that the fight should be at 180lbs. So I really don't understand what you are talking about?
I don't really care if the fight happens or not, they're not in the same division so it's not anything that I'm all that nuts over, if it happens it happens but if it doesn't, it doesn't. I'd much rather watch them fight people their own size.

But when you constantly bring up Anderson fighting in different weight classes and GSP's never moved up or down, then why doesn't Anderson just go to 170? He's not interested in fighting at 185, that's for sure.
__________________
2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,075
Calminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of KnowledgeCalminian Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
As with anything I mean majority. Nothing is ever 100%. That was meant more for Canadian Psycho and those types who seem to be opposed to the fight. Anyone that opposes the fight is usually a GSP supporter from what I have seen.
I haven't seen that at all. Right now, GSP is training for a fight. It's not in anyones interest for him to be talking about Silva. When the times comes, believe me, GSP fans will be psyched. But I personally don't want GSP even thinking about Sivla right now, as that's the worst mistake he could possibly make. I"m glad GSP is blowing off the question.
Calminian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,295
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I don't really care if the fight happens or not, they're not in the same division so it's not anything that I'm all that nuts over, if it happens it happens but if it doesn't, it doesn't. I'd much rather watch them fight people their own size.

But when you constantly bring up Anderson fighting in different weight classes and GSP's never moved up or down, then why doesn't Anderson just go to 170? He's not interested in fighting at 185, that's for sure.
I bring up weight classes because at least Anderson has moved weight. At least he has gone outside of his weight. Penn has also. So it is sort of GSP's turn if anyone is going to move.

Anderson has said he would go to 170. But is that really fair? We want to make the 38 year old cut all the way down to 170 somewhere he hasn't been in close to a decade? Why not make it fair like GSP said at a catchweight? Both would be moving weight.

On a side note, not directed at you, one thing I don't understand is why people compare Bones/Anderson and GSP/Anderson. If the GSP fight happened Anderson would cut down to 180. If the Bones fight happened they would not meet at a weight. Anderson would have to go all the way to 205 while Bones has the luxury of being the bigger man and not having to do anything different. 1 is a catchweight fight. The other is Anderson moving up a full weight class to fight the biggest guy to ever compete in the division...
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios