MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Jon Jones says he can match Vitor Belforts handspeed (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/105301-jon-jones-says-he-can-match-vitor-belforts-handspeed.html)

Alibaster 09-18-2012 06:21 AM

Jon Jones says he can match Vitor Belforts handspeed
 
I really doubt this. If he tries to box with Vitor I think he really is risking a KO. Jones seems to have a good chin, but Vitor has huge power and is faster than Jones imo.

Source: http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Jon...and-speed.html

Soojooko 09-18-2012 06:50 AM

Naaa... Jones simply said "I believe I'm really fast as well."

Nothing wrong with that.

Alibaster 09-18-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soojooko (Post 1627552)
Naaa... Jones simply said "I believe I'm really fast as well."

Nothing wrong with that.

No he said: "Yeah his hand speed is a gift that he has, but you know, I believe I'm really fast too Bas. A lot of people kind of discredit me for a lot of things... I honestly think I match him in speed."

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with him saying it and he's entitled to his opinion, but I'm just saying he's wrong.

Rauno 09-18-2012 07:21 AM

Jones might be faster than Vitor but not when it comes to handspeed alone.

Alibaster 09-18-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rauno (Post 1627554)
Jones might be faster than Vitor but not when it comes to handspeed alone.

Yeah, exactly. He might be able to move around faster or run faster, but he's talking about handspeed here. I think he'd be crazy to stand and try to test his handspeed against Vitor's.

Canadian Psycho 09-18-2012 08:03 AM

He doesn't have Vitor's hand speed. That said, Jones still wins via TKO.

locnott 09-18-2012 08:04 AM

hopefully he tries to prove it!!:thumb02:
Jones will probably still win but it will make for a better fight imo.

Ludinator 09-18-2012 08:23 AM

I think jones can stand and trade with Belfort. Belfort hasn't looked that good in years, and certainly not that fast.

Soojooko 09-18-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alibaster (Post 1627553)
No he said: "Yeah his hand speed is a gift that he has, but you know, I believe I'm really fast too Bas. A lot of people kind of discredit me for a lot of things... I honestly think I match him in speed."

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with him saying it and he's entitled to his opinion, but I'm just saying he's wrong.

There's a big difference between saying "I believe I'm really fast too" and saying "I can match Vitors hand speed" ... which the article uses as its title.

jhizzy 09-18-2012 08:32 AM

Yeah, that's not true. Hand speed isn't just a function of how hard/fast you can throw a punch; it also takes into consideration how fast you can bring your hands back to reset and jon doesn't really have the second that going for him (and I'm certain his 84 inch doesn't do him any favors with that).


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2