What did you think of Joseph Benadivez/Demitrious Johnson? POLL INCLUDED - Page 14 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: What did you think of the flyweight title fight?

Great Fight 26 23.64%
It was good but not great. 33 30.00%
Indifferent, it was filler 21 19.09%
Wasn't very entertaining or exciting 23 20.91%
Complete Garbage 4 3.64%
I was busy watching Strawberry Shortcake reruns. 3 2.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 09-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #131 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
I don't have a problem with differing opinions sweety, I'm just smart enough not to neg rep someone (constantly in some cases, cough) for having a different viewpoint of the sport we all love.
We don't neg you because you have a different opinion. We neg you because you don't know how to express an opinion without insulting everyone who believes differently ...and for your inability to defend any of your statements when someone asks you to back it up ...and for preferring to insult people rather than discuss anything with them ...and for being unable to do anything other than be negative and argumentative to a scale even I find baffling ...and for generally being an unpleasant person to talk to.

You see the people on this board - most of us - don't neg people for having a different opinion. Read this whole thread. I was arguing against something some other posters really believed in. Do you know how many neg reps I received? Not a one. And I argued vehemently. Things got heated and nothing. Well... nothing besides the odd private message.

If everybody is neg repping you and not the other people presenting unfavorable opinions then you might want to consider that the reason has more to do with you than us.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #132 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
dario03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,001
dario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level nowdario03 is on another level now
I liked the fight however I will say that the lack of power is definitely a downside to the division (just like the lack of speed is a downside to the heavyweights). Even though the movement and back and forths were amazing you don't get the same edge of your seat feel because the odds of the fight ending while standing is much lower. However once they start rolling you get that affect since they could submit each other at any moment (assuming the 2 fighters are good at subs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
I enjoy watching fights, more so if there is a higher probability of a finish. Tell me you would rather watch Johnson defend his title than say, Anderson Silva? The possibility of a magical finish is so exciting and glues me to my laptop screen every single time. The heavier fighters pack such power that anything can happen.

Was the Benavidez-Johnson fight good? I'd say yes. But was it that exciting that it got me sitting at the edge of my seat? No. The only time I got really interested in the fight was the 1st round ( to get a rough gauge of who is going to win the fight ) and the 4th round.

Maybe I'm judging the division before it really has the chance to set off, but thats just what I feel right now. I think that the flyweight division is just too extreme. How many fully grown men weigh around 125 pounds? How many of these men are good enough athletes to be UFC fighters? How many of these athletes would want to choose the path of being a UFC fighter?
Probably need a longer time before I can determine how I truly feel about the division though. If there is more talent flowing in and better finishers, then I'm all good.

Edit: On a side note, I absolutely hate it when one questions another of being a fight fan just because they have difference preferences in fights. Lets give an example. You like rock, while I like pop. Then you say I'm not a real fan of music just because I like the mainstream pop nowadays, which absolutely sucks. However, its just because my taste for music differs from you. Same for MMA. You prefer watching flyweights fight, while I have preference for those that are able to finish a fight. Not saying flyweights can't finish a fight, but you have to admit the probability is lower.
Worldwide? I would say a pretty good amount. If you look online you will see a lot of different numbers for average height but 5ft7in seems to be about average for a guy (worldwide). And doctor recommended weight for a guy thats 5ft7in is ~150lbs. And with weight cutting a guy thats 140lbs maybe even 145lbs could make 125. So its not really that far off average, so you can get some almost average sized guys, some muscular short guys and some skinny just over average height guys.
__________________
The Reigning, Defending, Undisputed MMAFNPFFL Grand Master Champion of The Universe!!!

Last edited by dario03 : 09-26-2012 at 07:32 PM.
dario03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #133 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
We don't neg you because you have a different opinion. We neg you because you don't know how to express an opinion without insulting everyone who believes differently ...and for your inability to defend any of your statements when someone asks you to back it up ...and for preferring to insult people rather than discuss anything with them ...and for being unable to do anything other than be negative and argumentative to a scale even I find baffling ...and for generally being an unpleasant person to talk to.

You see the people on this board - most of us - don't neg people for having a different opinion. Read this whole thread. I was arguing against something some other posters really believed in. Do you know how many neg reps I received? Not a one. And I argued vehemently. Things got heated and nothing. Well... nothing besides the odd private message.

If everybody is neg repping you and not the other people presenting unfavorable opinions then you might want to consider that the reason has more to do with you than us.
The problem with your argument is I haven't insulted anyone (at least not directly or in a harmful way) and I have backed up everything I've said. That's your opinion if you believe that and you're certainly entitled to it but it does'nt make it true either.

Oh and don't worry, I won't neg rep you for your post.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #134 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
The problem with your argument is I haven't insulted anyone (at least not directly or in a harmful way) and I have backed up everything I've said. That's your opinion if you believe that and you're certainly entitled to it but it does'nt make it true either.

Oh and don't worry, I won't neg rep you for your post.
Oh... neither of those are problems because neither of them are true. You have insulted most of the posters here in generally sweeping insults aimed at the masses rather than individualizing them. And you have absolutely not backed up a single word you have said. In fact - in multiple threads - I have seen people ask you a direct question and you will directly reply... with a comment that has nothing to do with the question. These are both verifiable. Anyone can look up your history of posts and see how I am right.

And, believe me, I'm not worried about a neg rep from you. One - your rep is so bad it might actually increase my rep at this point. Two - is you're on ignore so even if you did it wouldn't register. Three - you negging me is just a sign that I don't have my head totally stuffed into my own ass.

Any other easily debunkable or laughable things to say, sport?
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #135 (permalink)

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,711
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
best keep it civilized guys, the Mods will just delete these posts anyway if we carry on like this.
__________________

VIPFFL 2015: Team Cupcake
Miesha Tate
Marloes Coenen
Carla Esparza
Tito Ortiz
Emanuel Newton
CupCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #136 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Oh... neither of those are problems because neither of them are true. You have insulted most of the posters here in generally sweeping insults aimed at the masses rather than individualizing them. And you have absolutely not backed up a single word you have said. In fact - in multiple threads - I have seen people ask you a direct question and you will directly reply... with a comment that has nothing to do with the question. These are both verifiable. Anyone can look up your history of posts and see how I am right.

And, believe me, I'm not worried about a neg rep from you. One - your rep is so bad it might actually increase my rep at this point. Two - is you're on ignore so even if you did it wouldn't register. Three - you negging me is just a sign that I don't have my head totally stuffed into my own ass.

Any other easily debunkable or laughable things to say, sport?
More BS, I just happen to have different views about MMA than you (and some others) and you can't handle it. That's what this is about.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #137 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 11,034
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Can you guys take this to PM? Seriously, nobody wants to hear about reps/your personal argument when discussing a topic, that's why "off-topic" banter isn't allowed on the board.
__________________


"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me"
"You do not know the first note of the music that moves me."
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #138 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
More BS, I just happen to have different views about MMA than you (and some others) and you can't handle it. That's what this is about.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #139 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
BOOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 979
BOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong wayBOOM rubs people the wrong way
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Can you guys take this to PM? Seriously, nobody wants to hear about reps/your personal argument when discussing a topic, that's why "off-topic" banter isn't allowed on the board.
I agree, I'm open to anyone who wants to whine about differing opinions on MMA and he said she said through PM.
BOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #140 (permalink)
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,591
G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
Infractions will be handed out if more bickering continues. Take it to PM's. I won't shut the thread down but I will hand out infractions.
__________________


Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios