What did you think of Joseph Benadivez/Demitrious Johnson? POLL INCLUDED - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: What did you think of the flyweight title fight?
Great Fight 26 23.64%
It was good but not great. 33 30.00%
Indifferent, it was filler 21 19.09%
Wasn't very entertaining or exciting 23 20.91%
Complete Garbage 4 3.64%
I was busy watching Strawberry Shortcake reruns. 3 2.73%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,883
                     
It was alright. Like everyone else said, the 4th round was good. But other than that I just didn't feel like they were engaging that much. It was basically 5 rounds of watching Mighty Mouse use his movement to avoid damage and get points. Impressive, yes. Exciting, not really.
MikeHawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
And I am shocked by that but me be wrong does not make you right, you were just as certain that everyone would agree with you and hate it.


Sent from my iPhone using VS Free




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #63 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
And I am shocked by that but me be wrong does not make you right, you were just as certain that everyone would agree with you and hate it.


Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
I didn't hate the fight. I was just bored with it and I said most would agree that it wasn't that great a fight. Most agreed that it wasn't great according to the poll you put up. Take from that what you will.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #64 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,124
                     
I do not see the problem. This fight is what every fighter should aspire to be - no gassing, no sloppy brawling, to be skilled in all areas and be able to apply that skill 100% for the full scheduled fight time.

If the two skill sets take each other to decision, so what? Ok, if you watched the fight drunk or high or during a social event, you may have missed a lot. Take the time to watch it properly, as a fight fan, it's a crazy 25 minute display of very high level MMA, I love it.

If you genuinely did not enjoy it though, and you are a member of this MMA forum, that is rather strange.

SM33 is offline  
post #65 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:28 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
I do not see the problem. This fight is what every fighter should aspire to be - no gassing, no sloppy brawling, to be skilled in all areas and be able to apply that skill 100% for the full scheduled fight time.

If the two skill sets take each other to decision, so what? Ok, if you watched the fight drunk or high or during a social event, you may have missed a lot. Take the time to watch it properly, as a fight fan, it's a crazy 25 minute display of very high level MMA, I love it.

If you genuinely did not enjoy it though, and you are a member of this MMA forum, that is rather strange.
See... comments like this piss me off. All it says is that "real" fight fans would love that fight and that there is something strange about you if you don't. It's elitist.

The fight was not that good. The skill level of the fighters was not that high. There was no amazing technique technique shown. It was all speed and cardio. That's it. The techniques used were solid but nothing technique wise stood out. Neither fighter possessed more than 2 of the 4 requirements for truly effective maneuvers. In only one of the rounds did either fighter try to end the fight.

I personally dislike any fight where the fighters aren't trying to finish their opponent. To me that defeats the purpose of fighting. And you can disagree but don't talk down to those who didn't like it.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #66 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:35 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,124
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
See... comments like this piss me off. All it says is that "real" fight fans would love that fight and that there is something strange about you if you don't. It's elitist.

The fight was not that good. The skill level of the fighters was not that high. There was no amazing technique technique shown. It was all speed and cardio. That's it. The techniques used were solid but nothing technique wise stood out. Neither fighter possessed more than 2 of the 4 requirements for truly effective maneuvers. In only one of the rounds did either fighter try to end the fight.

I personally dislike any fight where the fighters aren't trying to finish their opponent. To me that defeats the purpose of fighting. And you can disagree but don't talk down to those who didn't like it.
Benavidez was looking for the KO with every single punch, Johnson was firing knees into his opponent's head after every scramble.

But they weren't trying to finish. Right.

SM33 is offline  
post #67 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Benavidez was looking for the KO with every single punch, Johnson was firing knees into his opponent's head after every scramble.

But they weren't trying to finish. Right.
Winging wild power shots always earns my favor that's why Leonard Garcia's my favorite fighter. He isn't? Damn.

And those knees had nothing on them. He didn't plant properly or executed them properly. They were knee jabs.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #68 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:52 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,124
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Winging wild power shots always earns my favor that's why Leonard Garcia's my favorite fighter. He isn't? Damn.

And those knees had nothing on them. He didn't plant properly or executed them properly. They were knee jabs.
Benavidez went for a guillotine choke, Johnson responded with a heel hook attempt... but they didn't want to finish the fight. Ok.

And knee jabs? Are you having a laugh? I don't care that these guys lack the size and weight to knock everyone silly as soon as they touch them, they fight harder than anyone and it's great to watch.

SM33 is offline  
post #69 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
It was a solid fight but to label it as a FOTY contender is more then a stretch. The FOTN isn't even a FOTY contender and a fight that didn't get FOTN is supposed to be?

I have nothing against these guys and there were entertaining but I think some of you look at the speed that these guys are moving at, and think that its a better fight because of it.
Spec0688 is offline  
post #70 of 145 (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 04:55 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Benavidez went for a guillotine choke, Johnson responded with a heel hook attempt... but they didn't want to finish the fight. Ok.

And knee jabs? Are you having a laugh? I don't care that these guys lack the size and weight to knock everyone silly as soon as they touch them, they fight harder than anyone and it's great to watch.
Neither submission was even close and did you miss how I said outside of one round - that being the 4th - they didn't try to finish the fight? And those were knee jabs. They were poorly executed knees that had no power on them. That's the truth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
It was a solid fight but to label it as a FOTY contender is more then a stretch. The FOTN isn't even a FOTY contender and a fight that didn't get FOTN is supposed to be?

I have nothing against these guys and there were entertaining but I think some of you look at the speed that these guys are moving at, and think that its a better fight because of it.
This is what I've been saying all along! And I get told that a real mma fan would love that fight.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome