Jon Jones: Most Overrated Run in MMA History - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,115
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
hell

Rashad Evans was champion. And he looked better then ever in his fight with Ortiz. And that was just a year ago.
Well i did say Evans was a legit win,and are you trying to say that Vitor was not stronger and hungrier back then compared to one armed Vitor that Jones fought.And i already said who Jones needs to beat refer to previous post. Weidman schooled Jones so would Cormier,Cain,JDS, he keeps beating a bunch of out of prime fighters get over it.
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #42 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Well i did say Evans was a legit win,and are you trying to say that Vitor was not stronger and hungrier back then compared to one armed Vitor that Jones fought.And i already said who Jones needs to beat refer to previous post. Weidman schooled Jones so would Cormier,Cain,JDS, he keeps beating a bunch of out of prime fighters get over it.
The Vitor of today is a MUCH better fighter then the Vitor back then. Just because he was more eager to rush in back then does not mean he was more hungry.

When did Weidman school Jones?? What are you talking about???

And from when is Lyoto passed his prime?

Shogun would still beat a good chunk of the LHWs. Rampage can beat most LHW still. His last fight with Bader was probably his worst showing because he was really injured. Hell he didnt even make weight that fight. If Page can stop Jon jones from taking him down then he surely can stop Bader.

+

You know everyone you named off is a HEAVYWEIGHT??
So Jon Jones needs to beat the HeavyWeight champion and Previous Heavyweight champion in order to have an impressive run???

Im not even sure what to say to that. Thats up there with the people who believe in Xenu.
SideWays222 is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #43 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,115
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
The Vitor of today is a MUCH better fighter then the Vitor back then. Just because he was more eager to rush in back then does not mean he was more hungry.

When did Weidman school Jones?? What are you talking about???

And from when is Lyoto passed his prime?

Shogun would still beat a good chunk of the LHWs. Rampage can beat most LHW still. His last fight with Bader was probably his worst showing because he was really injured. Hell he didnt even make weight that fight. If Page can stop Jon jones from taking him down then he surely can stop Bader.

+

You know everyone you named off is a HEAVYWEIGHT??
So Jon Jones needs to beat the HeavyWeight champion and Previous Heavyweight champion in order to have an impressive run???

Im not even sure what to say to that. Thats up there with the people who believe in Xenu.
Lol you're funny
Sucks that you don't know when Weidman schooled Jones
Never said Lyoto was past his prime he is however one dimensional with good td defense.
Never said that Shogun and Rampage are bad they are however past their primes.
Fedor is 230 and he fought whoever they put in front of him not a bunch of out of prime LHW's, Jones walks around 230/40 he should easily beat Mir right?
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Lol you're funny
Sucks that you don't know when Weidman schooled Jones
Never said Lyoto was past his prime he is however one dimensional with good td defense.
Never said that Shogun and Rampage are bad they are however past their primes.
Fedor is 230 and he fought whoever they put in front of him not a bunch of out of prime LHW's, Jones walks around 230/40 he should easily beat Mir right?
WIN Vitor Belfort UFC 152 - Jones vs. Belfort

WIN Rashad Evans UFC 145 - Jones vs. Evans

WIN Lyoto Machida UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida

WIN Quinton Jackson UFC 135 - Jones vs. Rampage

WIN Mauricio Rua UFC 128 - Shogun vs. Jones

WIN Ryan Bader UFC 126 - Silva vs. Belfort

WIN Vladimir Matyushenko UFC Live 2 - Jones vs. Matyushenko

WIN Brandon Vera UFC Live 1 - Vera vs. Jones

LOSS Matt Hamill UFC - The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale

WIN Jake O'Brien UFC 100 - Lesnar vs. Mir 2

WIN Stephan Bonnar UFC 94 - St. Pierre vs. Penn 2

WIN Andre Gusmao UFC 87 - Seek and Destroy

WIN Moyses Gabin BCX 5 - Battle Cage Xtreme 5

WIN Parker Porter WCF - World Championship Fighting 3

WIN Ryan Verrett USFL - War in the Woods 3

WIN Anthony Pina ICE Fighter - ICE Fighter

WIN Carlos Eduardo BCX 4 - Battle Cage Xtreme 4

WIN Brad Bernard FFP - Untamed 20



Where do you see Chris Weidman in there???


Why is Lyoto Machida 1 dimensional??? Because he likes to strike??? And one dimensional or not that does not mean a win against him isnt impressive. Machida is still beating most people.

You are saying they are past their prime and thus not impressive wins BUT they are still good enough to beat most LHWs. So they are still very impressive wins to have under the belt. Hell those guys are still at the TOP of the division.


Who cares if he would beat Mir. His title reign is in the LHW division and NOT the HW division.

Fedor Emelianenko career is filled with wins against people who stink and people passed their prime. He was impressive in a time where most HWs were horrible and un athletic.


I dont think iv ever spoken to someone so far out of touch with reality.


There is absolutely NOTHING overrated about Jon Jones LHW Reign.
SideWays222 is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:17 AM   #45 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,115
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
WIN Vitor Belfort UFC 152 - Jones vs. Belfort

Where do you see Chris Weidman in there???


Why is Lyoto Machida 1 dimensional??? Because he likes to strike??? And one dimensional or not that does not mean a win against him isnt impressive. Machida is still beating most people.

You are saying they are past their prime and thus not impressive wins BUT they are still good enough to beat most LHWs. So they are still very impressive wins to have under the belt.


Who cares if he would beat Mir. His title reign is in the LHW division and NOT the HW division.

Fedor Emelianenko career is filled with wins against people who stink and people passed their prime. He was impressive in a time where most HW were horrible and un athletic.


I dont think iv ever spoken to someone so far out of touch with reality.
Ask Jones when Weidman schooled him not my fault you don't know shit and don't copy and paste wiki like an idiot.
Emelianenko's career is filled with fighting HW's not a bunch of out of prime LHW's and one armed MW's don't compare the goat to Jones.
Get back to reality you're a nut hugger
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Ask Jones when Weidman schooled him not my fault you don't know shit and don't copy and paste wiki like an idiot.
Emelianenko's career is filled with fighting HW's not a bunch of out of prime LHW's and one armed MW's don't compare the goat to Jones.
Get back to reality you're a nut hugger
Ask Jones when Weidman schooled him??? Alright let me just grab my phone and give him a call.

Why dont you show me footage of this MMA fight that he beat him in??? Hell show me some proof this fight existed at all.

I hate to say it but you are obviously not all there in the head. Or you are a troll.

Btw i didnt copy and paste wiki you retard.

And im a Jones nut hugger??? How many drugs are you on right now??

But its clear that you are a Fedor nut hugger.


And Fedors career is filled with fighting heavyweights because he is a HEAVYWEIGHT!. A LHW isnt going to have their career filled with a bunch of HW. That would make absolutely no ******* sense. You are screwed in the head. And Jones career is filled with fighting the best LHWs the UFC has to offer.
SideWays222 is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Azumo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 184
Azumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to allAzumo is a name known to all
For once I actually agree with Sideways. Not only is Jon's winstreak impressive, but the way he has DISMANTLED each of these fighters (Besides Evans I suppose) is enough to say his reign is far from 'Overrated'
__________________
"MMA and Muay Thai are similar in a few aspects, such as the fact that their is no traditional belting system - only a list of people you never want to have to fight." - Kenny Florian
Azumo is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 AM   #48 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azumo View Post
For once I actually agree with Sideways. Not only is Jon's winstreak impressive, but the way he has DISMANTLED each of these fighters (Besides Evans I suppose) is enough to say his reign is far from 'Overrated'
Hey.! Im a Jones nut hugger!!

Is that not the funniest thing you have ever heard.
SideWays222 is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #49 (permalink)
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,115
Bknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings SystemBknmax Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Ask Jones when Weidman schooled him??? Alright let me just grab my phone and give him a call.

Why dont you show me footage of this MMA fight that he beat him in??? Hell show me some proof this fight existed at all.

I hate to say it but you are obviously not all there in the head. Or you are a troll.

Btw i didnt copy and paste wiki you retard.

And im a Jones nut hugger??? How many drugs are you on right now??

But its clear that you are a Fedor nut hugger.
aLRIGHT let me slow down for you
I never mentioned Jones fought Weidman in an MMA match you just assumed it because you are obviously an idiot i clearly said schooled so use you're brain and think where Weidman could of schooled him.
Who gives a shit what you copy and pasted it was irrelevant how old are you?
__________________
Favorite Fighters
HW: Daniel Cormier
LH: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
LW: Ben "Smooth" Henderson
Bknmax is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
aLRIGHT let me slow down for you
I never mentioned Jones fought Weidman in an MMA match you just assumed it because you are obviously an idiot i clearly said schooled so use you're brain and think where Weidman could of schooled him.
Who gives a shit what you copy and pasted it was irrelevant how old are you?

Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknmax View Post
Evans is the only Legit win Bones has and he couldn't finish, everyone else he has ever fought was either one dimensional or out of their prime.To beat Jones you have to be a better wrestler and striker so until he fights one he will keep winning,and since guys like Weidman schooled him before i'm calling Cormier to beat him.
Since you are talking about wrestling and striking in the same sentence you say that Weidman schooled him i can only assume that you are talking about MMA. Furthermore i never imagined that you would be using a different sport to use proof as to why someone would school Jones in MMA.

Im guessing you are talking about wrestling but that just further shows me that you are messed up in the head thinking that means anything at this point. And please i would like to see the footage of this "match" they both had. Cant you just post it since you keep talking about it??

You are the one that talked about me copy and pasting you tard. I was kidding when i said you have some marbles loose. But now im thinking i wasnt far off.
SideWays222 is online now  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios