How many fights for Chael and Nick Diaz before a title shot? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 09-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,939
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
Fail Sonnen, if he wins against Forrest then I think he'll be next in line.

Nick Diva will never get a title shot because he'd have to win at least 2 or 3 against top guys, and he's just not that good. However, I'd love to see Diva get an immediate shot at 185 once his suspension is up. I'd absolutely love to watch Silva make him look as stupid inside the cage and Diva makes himself look outside.
Are you aware that LOADS of people actually thought BJ Penn was going to beat Diaz? I'm sure that performance alone should change your opinion.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,033
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
I still think BJ could beat Diaz the fight was all Penn till his gas tank ran out. Diaz is as overrated as they come. Nick anyway, I actually believe Nate is the better of the two.


Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
__________________



"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page



Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #23 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BlueLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 355
BlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He Crosses
Honestly I can't really say anything more then most have already mentioned.

The pro's for both fighters is there is star power in both of those title match ups. Chael and Jones bring in some of the highest PPV numbers in the UFC, and we all know Dana loves that. GSP has openly expressed interest in fighting Diaz. We've yet to see GSP have a legitimate grudge with another fighter like he has with Diaz. Mixed with the star power and PPV numbers he brings in, this can easily be the highest PPV numbers card GSP has had.

I'd say 2 impressive wins from Chael and he's in. Hell a devastating win over Forest could possibly bump him to next in line alone. You know he's calling out Jones if he wins, and you know Dana see's the $$$ that'll come from that fight.

With Diaz, probably the same thing. 2 Solid wins against top 5 guys (at the max) and he's in there. But similar to Chael, he could easily get in after 1 fight, or even right after the Condit fight. Be it GSP wanting Diaz after he beats Condit, or Condit getting that rematch if he beats GSP.
BlueLander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
duckyou666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Are you aware that LOADS of people actually thought BJ Penn was going to beat Diaz? I'm sure that performance alone should change your opinion.
Not at all. Once BJ backed up against the cage and stayed there, I knew the fight was over. Diva is a one trick pony, walk forward and throw punches. I honestly thought BJ would take it, but only if he turned it either into a Boxing match in the center of the cage, or a ground fight. But..., BJ let Diva back him up against the cage and did nothing once he was there. The only way Diva can win is if his opponent let's himself get stuck against the cage. Since Condit exploited the fact that Diva's too dumb to even spell Lateral Movement, or Cut Off The Cage, Diva will be blessed if he can go 50/50 in the UFC now. And..., let's get real, BJ wssn't a top WW,he's not even a true WW. So yeah, I still think Diva will never win 2 in a row against any top 10 UFC WW's.
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,939
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
I still think BJ could beat Diaz the fight was all Penn till his gas tank ran out. Diaz is as overrated as they come. Nick anyway, I actually believe Nate is the better of the two.


Sent from my iPhone using VS Free
I think the reason BJ ran out of gas was BECAUSE of Nick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
Not at all. Once BJ backed up against the cage and stayed there, I knew the fight was over. Diva is a one trick pony, walk forward and throw punches. I honestly thought BJ would take it, but only if he turned it either into a Boxing match in the center of the cage, or a ground fight. But..., BJ let Diva back him up against the cage and did nothing once he was there. The only way Diva can win is if his opponent let's himself get stuck against the cage. Since Condit exploited the fact that Diva's too dumb to even spell Lateral Movement, or Cut Off The Cage, Diva will be blessed if he can go 50/50 in the UFC now. And..., let's get real, BJ wssn't a top WW,he's not even a true WW. So yeah, I still think Diva will never win 2 in a row against any top 10 UFC WW's.
Diva is rididculous. Literally, the more you say that. the stupider and gayer you become. Besides that, I agree. Diaz struggles to cut off the cage. Condit ran, but Diaz didnt utilize the offence that he could have. But come on man, I'm not being biased in saying he's a beast. Diaz kills Koscheck, Hendricks, Kampmann, or whoever you like at WW escept Condit and GSP. To say he is overrated is crazy because he's the best stand up boxer in UFC. Maybe the best stand up after Machida and Anderson. I understand you dont like the guy, and Ill never use the word "hater", but come on, hes a boxing animal and you have to respect it.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #26 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
BrianRClover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saint Louis MO
Posts: 2,345
BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Pretty much what everyone else has said is accurate.

Ultimately it comes down to performance. If either guy looks like a world beater in his next fight, he'll get a shot at the champ.

For Sonnen, it all depends on Jones. If Jones continues to ignore him and act like it's funny that he should even be talking about a fight with him, that's going to make it a harder fight for the UFC to sell to the champ.

Whereas GSP WANTS Diaz, badly! So in a lot of ways, Diaz is closer to his shot than Chael.

Chael however is smart, and we'll see another WWE like post interview if he beats Forrest, in which case Jones may start asking for the fight.
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,939
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Nick Diaz is at the top of the division while Chael is at the bottom. If Chael launches more verbal attacks, it will be too transparent and obvious that he's talking his way into a title shot. Diaz will either get given the GSP shot (which Dana would like because Diaz might have ring rust going in) or he might have to fight Kos or Kampmann or something.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
duckyou666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I think the reason BJ ran out of gas was BECAUSE of Nick.



Diva is rididculous. Literally, the more you say that. the stupider and gayer you become. Besides that, I agree. Diaz struggles to cut off the cage. Condit ran, but Diaz didnt utilize the offence that he could have. But come on man, I'm not being biased in saying he's a beast. Diaz kills Koscheck, Hendricks, Kampmann, or whoever you like at WW escept Condit and GSP. To say he is overrated is crazy because he's the best stand up boxer in UFC. Maybe the best stand up after Machida and Anderson. I understand you dont like the guy, and Ill never use the word "hater", but come on, hes a boxing animal and you have to respect it.
He is a Diva, so it's ridiculous that you call him anything else. You are obviously maxed out in the stupid and gay department, so I guess it's cool? Anyways, Condit moved and countered. He exploited the fact that Diva is stupid. Diva has shit Wrestling and a retardedly overrated stand up game, so Kos and Hendricks either KO or GnP him into submission. Kampmann mauls him standing. He is very overrated and it's downright stupid to say he's not. His Boxing isn't good. He walks forward and throws punches, that's it. His head and foot movement are downright stupid. Hell, all of his punches are technically deficient because they all look wide. And, no he's not a Boxing animal, he's an overrated douchetard. And he's a stupid, wanna-be thug who acts like a special ed 12 year old, so no, nobody has to, or even should, respect him.
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 4,939
Blog Entries: 1
ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
He is a Diva, so it's ridiculous that you call him anything else. You are obviously maxed out in the stupid and gay department, so I guess it's cool? Anyways, Condit moved and countered. He exploited the fact that Diva is stupid. Diva has shit Wrestling and a retardedly overrated stand up game, so Kos and Hendricks either KO or GnP him into submission. Kampmann mauls him standing. He is very overrated and it's downright stupid to say he's not. His Boxing isn't good. He walks forward and throws punches, that's it. His head and foot movement are downright stupid. Hell, all of his punches are technically deficient because they all look wide. And, no he's not a Boxing animal, he's an overrated douchetard. And he's a stupid, wanna-be thug who acts like a special ed 12 year old, so no, nobody has to, or even should, respect him.
__________________


MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
duckyou666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I actually have no idea what this pic is for. What's the point of this?
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios