Clay Guida dropping to FW, expects early 2013 return - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:10 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theguythatfukedupthequotes
Anderson Silva spent 3 rounds beating Maia up and moving backwards when he had Maia hurt, he then spent the last 2 rounds with some of the most embarrassing run away backwards shit we have EVER seen from a champ. The guy received a warning from the ref to quit running away and fight.
Anderson didn't land too much on Maia. Maia fell to the floor on any exchange. Anderson didn't want to follow it up because he was afraid of being subbed. In the last two rounds he was fuked and looked like he was throwing really slowly. He just hung back and coasted. Maia barley threw any punches and my guess is that Anderson was afraid that Maia might get close and pull guard.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:33 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Its funny how Anderson's supporters just keep popping up since the fight every time ha has a good performance because he likely had about 5 after the fight. Nobody was making excuses for him then. That fight wasn't a guy trying to find some way to beat somebody who was just a better fighter either that fight between Anderson/Maia was one guy who was completely and utterly outclassed being clowned by a much more skilled fighter till the better man ran out of gas and then spent the last two rounds running away.

What Anderson did vs Maia is far more deserving of peoples disdain than what Guida did vs Maynard.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #33 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:40 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Its funny how Anderson's supporters just keep popping up since the fight every time ha has a good performance because he likely had about 5 after the fight. Nobody was making excuses for him then. That fight wasn't a guy trying to find some way to beat somebody who was just a better fighter either that fight between Anderson/Maia was one guy who was completely and utterly outclassed being clowned by a much more skilled fighter till the better man ran out of gas and then spent the last two rounds running away.

What Anderson did vs Maia is far more deserving of peoples disdain than what Guida did vs Maynard.
Lmfao at "People are so unforgiving" to this. Anderson has put on some of the most exciting finishes ever in the UFC, and out of 15 fights, there are only two which werent great fights...and yet you still complain?

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #34 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,566
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Its funny how Anderson's supporters just keep popping up since the fight every time ha has a good performance because he likely had about 5 after the fight. Nobody was making excuses for him then. That fight wasn't a guy trying to find some way to beat somebody who was just a better fighter either that fight between Anderson/Maia was one guy who was completely and utterly outclassed being clowned by a much more skilled fighter till the better man ran out of gas and then spent the last two rounds running away.

What Anderson did vs Maia is far more deserving of peoples disdain than what Guida did vs Maynard.
You are comparing a man with some of the most amazing finsihes in MMA history. A man that is close to 100% in the UFC in delivering dramatic finishes.

You are comparing that man with Clay Guida?

Truth is Anderson was allowed a pass. Guida is an overrated fighter who just bounces around. He lands a small % of his "strikes" and his fans think he did a lot. Or he lays on a guy like Pettis.

Please don't compare the 2 fighters. It makes you look foolish.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #35 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Lmfao at "People are so unforgiving" to this. Anderson has put on some of the most exciting finishes ever in the UFC, and out of 15 fights, there are only two which werent great fights...and yet you still complain?
Guida has been involved in two seperate fights that were named FOTY and has won 4 FOTN bonuses and have how many great fights in the UFC and yet you still complain?




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #36 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:51 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Guida has been involved in two seperate fights that were named FOTY and has won 4 FOTN bonuses and have how many great fights in the UFC and yet you still complain?
Yes I do, because he's a fighter that changed who he is in order to win the fight. Guida is a come forward relentless maniac. Not an avoider. Same thing with Condit. The dude isn't the "Natural Born Killer" for his leg kicks. Both guys warrented a lot of attention because of their fighting style, but they changed what their fans liked about them to edge a slight decision (in Guida's case it didnt work). That's not who these people are and that's not why their fans like them. I understand their decisions but at the same time you can't blast a fan for disliking them for it.

And are you really asking to compair Guida's achievements with Anderson's?

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #37 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
Yes I do, because he's a fighter that changed who he is in order to win the fight. Guida is a come forward relentless maniac. Not an avoider. Same thing with Condit. The dude isn't the "Natural Born Killer" for his leg kicks. Both guys warrented a lot of attention because of their fighting style, but they changed what their fans liked about them to edge a slight decision (in Guida's case it didnt work). That's not who these people are and that's not why their fans like them. I understand their decisions but at the same time you can't blast a fan for disliking them for it.

And are you really asking to compair Guida's achievements with Anderson's?
There accomplishments? No that is absurd but you know what I have sat through one bad Guida fight and 2 bad Anderson Silva fights. Guida changed his style for one fight? So what it happens it happens to other fighters and everyone doesn't forget the rest of there career. Guida went form being one of the more popular LW's to being despised and that is absurd. One fight does not change a fighter, Anderson was still a killer after playing patty cake with Maia and Guida is still an exciting fighter despite one bad performance. Yeah I do dislike when I see people abandon ship and dump on a guy after one bad performance. Fair weather fans.

Oh and Condit/Diaz wasn't boring, In general people hate Condit cause he beat Diaz and ruined Diaz/GSP for them. Diaz never stood a chance anyway.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #38 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 05:03 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
There accomplishments? No that is absurd but you know what I have sat through one bad Guida fight and 2 bad Anderson Silva fights. Guida changed his style for one fight? So what it happens it happens to other fighters and everyone doesn't forget the rest of there career. Guida went form being one of the more popular LW's to being despised and that is absurd. One fight does not change a fighter, Anderson was still a killer after playing patty cake with Maia and Guida is still an exciting fighter despite one bad performance. Yeah I do dislike when I see people abandon ship and dump on a guy after one bad performance. Fair weather fans.

Oh and Condit/Diaz wasn't boring, In general people hate Condit cause he beat Diaz and ruined Diaz/GSP for them. Diaz never stood a chance anyway.
I mean I was never a huge Guida fan, but I liked the guy and that fight kind of changed it for me. I only really liked him because of how he faught. If Chris Leben developed great wrestler and lay and prayed on his next opponent, I'd be disappointed like fuk. Like Guida, he's not a dominant fighter, but the reason to like them is because they were come forward wildmen who didnt seem to care about winning or losing, as long as they go to war every time. I suppose it can get to a fight and they might want to change it and finally become championship material, but when they make that decision they know that fans will be turned off from them. By your logic I should still be a big Tim Sylvia fan.

EDIT: There was a small chance that Diaz would be able to avoid being taken down and battered GSP on the feet. He at least had a huge advantage in the stand up and there was a tiny tiny possibility of a submission. Condit doesnt really have anything for GSP which is why the other fight looked more intriguing. I found it boring because no one got hurt. Diaz couldnt have cared less about the leg kicks or even the head kick. He was literally begging for more. Condit only got hit like 6 times in total with like two moments against the cage. Not enough action all round to me so I would consider the fight boring. Condit didnt show the stand up skills which he posseses in that one.


Last edited by ClydebankBlitz; 09-28-2012 at 05:07 PM.
ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #39 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,566
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
There accomplishments? No that is absurd but you know what I have sat through one bad Guida fight and 2 bad Anderson Silva fights. Guida changed his style for one fight? So what it happens it happens to other fighters and everyone doesn't forget the rest of there career. Guida went form being one of the more popular LW's to being despised and that is absurd. One fight does not change a fighter, Anderson was still a killer after playing patty cake with Maia and Guida is still an exciting fighter despite one bad performance. Yeah I do dislike when I see people abandon ship and dump on a guy after one bad performance. Fair weather fans.

Oh and Condit/Diaz wasn't boring, In general people hate Condit cause he beat Diaz and ruined Diaz/GSP for them. Diaz never stood a chance anyway.
There in lies the difference.

Some people saw Guida as a REAL exciting guy. Some people like myself found him vastly overrated and more just a ball of energy rather than watching great skill out there. I never found his bouncing around style all that exciting. He moves alot, he throws a lot, he lands little. He beats up on crappy fighters. He usually gets tore up by good fighters. He sat on Pettis for a win. He ran away from Mayanrd in a loss.

I'm not saying all of his fights sucks. He has been in a couple real good ones. But not all people share the same view that his fights were breath taking before his last fight.

Opinions are fine. But don't assume everyone shares or shared yours.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #40 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 05:09 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 14,864
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
There in lies the difference.

Some people saw Guida as a REAL exciting guy. Some people like myself found him vastly overrated and more just a ball of energy rather than watching great skill out there. I never found his bouncing around style all that exciting. He moves alot, he throws a lot, he lands little. He beats up on crappy fighters. He usually gets tore up by good fighters. He sat on Pettis for a win. He ran away from Mayanrd in a loss.

I'm not saying all of his fights sucks. He has been in a couple real good ones. But not all people share the same view that his fights were breath taking before his last fight.

Opinions are fine. But don't assume everyone shares or shared yours.
Surprisingly, I always found his stand up to be boring and his relentless wrestling to be exciting. I think his FOTY's don't really match up to some others but he was deinfntly someone I would be looking forward to watching, and to a slight degree I still do.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome