Charlie Brennenman released by UFC - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
The thing I don't understand about your argument, is this.

Obviously we're limited this to 170 division because that's where all the guys you called out compete.

What else is there @ 170? There are no flashy guys in that division.

The champion is a wrestler primarily who will lie on any striker that comes at him for 5 rounds and use underpowered but quite accurate striking to touch up ground fighters for 5 rounds.

We have Condit, who it's hard to classify since he's been a killer his whole career, but after his last fight, who knows what to expect from him?

We had Diaz who is suspended and really the only interesting fighter @ 170.

Then we have a bunch of guys Koscheck, T. Silva, Fitch, Shields, Hardy who all got destroyed by the champion at least once each and will likely never get another title shot.

Then we have a sea of wrestlers because anyone without the wrestling credentials to think they can deal with GSP have left the division.

You need a wrestling base to even have a hope of beating GSP, but if you come at him with wrestling he just jabs you to death instead.

These guys you're calling out all have the correct style to beat GSP as he can't just lie on them, and if he stands with them he runs the risk of eating the ONE BIG PUNCH that the Serra fight proved is all that's needed.

Strikers have tried @ 170 and they get laid on by either Kos, Fitch or GSP depending how high they work their way up and can't take the title.

The only way to do it is to be able to stuff the takedown and land the big punch. GSP is too careful to fall for anything else.

I just don't see what other option there is @ 170 than relying on good wrestling and one shot KO power to have a (slim) hope of even beating GSP.

You sound a lot like me when Sean Sherk was coming up at LW and everyone was trying to tell me how awesome he was, when I could recognize his great guard passing and top control, but just found him incredibly boring. The point being, he TRIED to be exciting and mix it up a bit and he got KTFO'd for his troubles. Everyone has styles they find boring, but in this case, you're calling out the wrong guys.

You want more exciting guys at WW? Blame GSP. He cleared out the division. Or blame Condit, he stopped the one guy who probably could have beat GSP by exploiting refereeing/judging ignorance to cheat him out of a title shot (I'm still waiting for the warning, point reduction and disqualification for 'timidity' that Condit should have suffered in that fight, as if you read the unified rules, that is a foul, not just 'good game planning).
I don't see what's hard to understand about my argument. I don't like generic wrestle-boxers who aren't really elite in any area of mixed martial arts. It bores me. There is no argument here, I just think that they suck and I'm not interested in watching many of them fight.

Who says wrestle-boxers are the answer to GSP? Kos is one of the better wrestle-boxers in the division and he got molested with a jab for five rounds.

All of these wrestle-boxer drones simply aren't as technical as GSP standing and aren't as good at wrestling as him (in an MMA scenario).

The one type of opponent we haven't seen GSP deal with is an elite striker with a sick ground game. BJ Penn you say. One of the best top games in the sport, no doubt, but his bottom games leave a lot to be desired.

Guys like Carlos Condit, Erick Silva, Nick Diaz I feel are the most stylistically threatening opponents for GSP, not the influx of wrestle-boxers who aren't better than GSP in any actual area. You need guys who are better than GSP in two areas. The striking and BJJ, the guys I mentioned earlier fit that mould. I think GSP has proved time and time again in his career that wrestlers are not the answer.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #52 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Erick Silva
Ah, you're one of THOSE. I see.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #53 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
Ah, you're one of THOSE. I see.
Fantastic response to the argument I presented to you.

Ah, you're one of THOSE. I see.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,936
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenhead View Post
And people wonder why so many fighters fight safe/boring nowadays...

I won't miss him tho. lol

Well safe/boring got him cut. He had lost twice and was an exciting fighter he wouldn't of been cut. So I don't exactly see where it is smart to play the safe boring game.

But Brenneman just had little skill. He wasn't gong to develop any great striking. He was lucky to make it to the big leagues. He had to try and lay and pray because that was literally all he had.

He is what he is. He had to scratch and dig to get to the UFC. Perhaps he finds a BJJ game while he is away and wins several in a row and makes it back as that underdog again.

I agree fully with the UFC that an exciting fighter who puts it all out there should get a loss or 2 more leeway than a guy who is holding on for wins and sparks very little fan interest.

This thread right here is more excitement over Charlie than he has seen at any point in his UFC career.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #55 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,936
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Erick Silva is the real deal and will give Fitch a beating at 153.

He may not beat GSP but he will be a handful for anyone at WW.

I am one of THOSE guys for sure.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #56 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Fantastic response to the argument I presented to you.

Ah, you're one of THOSE. I see.
I just think it's funny that you don't like a bunch of 'college boys' (see: white boys) but you think the great brown hope who's won all of two UFC fights is going to magically get past Fitch, Kos, Pierce, Ellenberger, Hendricks, etc and even get a shot.

His best win is against the very guy you're calling out in this thread

Fitch by UD

Last edited by RearNaked : 10-04-2012 at 05:36 PM.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
I just think it's funny that you don't like a bunch of 'college boys' (see: white boys) but you think the great brown hope who's won all of two UFC fights is going to magically get past Fitch, Kos, Pierce, Ellenberger, Hendricks, etc and even get a shot.

His best win is against the very guy you're calling out in this thread

Fitch by UD
Great brown hope? What the hell is that supposed to mean? You were associating the term "college boys" exclusively to white people? I sure as hell wasn't. Race has got NOTHING to do with this topic

Where did I label him as a great hope either? Do you read through posts and then make up stuff up on your own or some thing?

And why would it take some form of magic for him to get by wrestle-boxers like Hendricks and Pierce? His skillset causes problems for the wrestle-boxers of the division. He's proved to be very dangerous on his feet as well as on the ground, the wrestle-boxers are going to have a hard time smothering him down and even harder time trying to box with him.

I used Silva as an example, I didn't ever say I think he'd beat GSP. But I do think it's styles like the one Silva possesses which are most troublesome for GSP. GSP has already proved he can dispose of the top notch wrestlers. It's the guys with elite level striking and elite level BJJ and active guards that I feel are going to give him most problems.

You seem to be really offended and upset by criticsing these wrestle-boxers for some reason. I just find them boring and uninteresting, stop taking it so personal.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 10-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #58 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Great brown hope? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Where did I label him as a great hope either? Do you read through posts and then make up stuff up on your own or some thing?

And why would it take some form of magic for him to get by wrestle-boxers like Hendricks and Pierce? His skillset causes problems for the wrestle-boxers of the division. He's proved to be very dangerous on his feet as well as on the ground, the wrestle-boxers are going to have a hard time smothering him down and even harder time trying to box with him.

I used Silva as an example, I didn't ever say I think he'd beat GSP. But I do think it's styles like the one Silva possesses which are most troublesome for GSP. GSP has already proved he can dispose of the top notch wrestlers. It's the guys with elite level striking and elite level BJJ and active guards that I feel are going to give him most problems.

You seem to be really offended and upset by criticsing these wrestle-boxers for some reason. I just find them boring and uninteresting, stop taking it so personal.
I just think it's funny how you label like 6 white fighters as being boring, then go on to say Erick Silva is the future.

Kind of like the guys who hate Jon Jones, Phil Davis and Rashad Evans, then turn around and say Alex Gustaffson is the future.

It's equally ridiculous no matter which side you're on and equally transparent too.

And the reason I find it offensive and take it personally is I don't mind if someone wants to just come out and say 'I don't support white fighters' or 'I don't support black fighters' that's fine, just own up to it.

I just hate the p****-footing around on either side.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearNaked View Post
I just think it's funny how you label like 6 white fighters as being boring, then go on to say Erick Silva is the future.

Kind of like the guys who hate Jon Jones, Phil Davis and Rashad Evans, then turn around and say Alex Gustaffson is the future.

It's equally ridiculous no matter which side you're on and equally transparent too.

And the reason I find it offensive and take it personally is I don't mind if someone wants to just come out and say 'I don't support white fighters' or 'I don't support black fighters' that's fine, just own up to it.

I just hate the *****-footing around on either side.
Oh I see, so you're implying my posts are racially motivated now because I labelled Erick Silva as a stylistic threat to GSP.

Stop being so utterly ridiculous.

A) You're the one who associated the term "college boys" exclusively to white males. Not me.

B) I'm a young white male who has college education under my belt

C) You casually ignored the fact that along with Erick Silva, I also mentioned Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz. Both white males.

D) I'm really quite shocked at how you've tried to pull the race card on this entire debate.

I'm both shocked and appalled. You think that I'm a black guy hating on white fighters. This is both shocking and hilarious at the same time.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 10-04-2012 at 06:13 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Oh I see, so you're implying my posts are racially motivated now because I labelled Erick Silva as a stylistic threat to GSP.

Stop being so utterly ridiculous.

A) You're the one who associated the term "college boys" exclusively to white males. Not me.

B) I'm a young white male who has college education under my belt

C) You casually ignored the fact that along with Erick Silva, I also mentioned Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz. Both white males.

D) I'm really quite shocked at how you've tried to pull the race card on this entire debate.

I'm both shocked and appalled. You think that I'm a black guy hating on white fighters. This is both shocking and hilarious at the same time.
Nick Diaz and Condit are both Hispanic.

And, no I don't think you're black necesarily, and I also don't think there's no such thing as self-hating white people. I, like you have been to college, so I've met literally hundreds of you guys.

But tbh I'll admit, I DID think you were Hispanic.

Last edited by RearNaked : 10-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios