MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Just me? Ready to see Silva get finished. (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106002-just-me-ready-see-silva-get-finished.html)

canecorso 10-14-2012 10:27 AM

Just me? Ready to see Silva get finished.
 
I lost all respect for silva last night, i cant wait for the day he stands in front of his opponent with his hands down like an idiot and he gets clowned and KTFO. Just me? We all know he is a great fighter, he doesnt need to act like a douche to prove it.

Killz 10-14-2012 10:45 AM

Yep, just you I'm afraid. ;)

Westie 10-14-2012 10:46 AM

I didn't really have a problem with what he did last night to be honest. The fights I had a real problem with were the Thales Leites and Demian Maia fights, at least he back up his goading last night with a TKO.

amoosenamedhank 10-14-2012 10:50 AM

He was proving a point at bonners expense.... he purposefully but himself in the only situation that people gave Bonner any chance in.

He basically is saying 'I'm not going to beat you with your weakness. I'm going to beat you with what you thought was your strength'

canecorso 10-14-2012 10:55 AM

aww thanks for the neg reps fellas.


i see what a couple of yall are saying, but my point is... is his showboating really worth it? one day if he doesnt retire before then, it could bite him in the ass with someone that catches a solid shot with power. if anyone thinks he is unbeatable then they are retarded.

Westie 10-14-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canecorso (Post 1637331)
aww thanks for the neg reps fellas.


i see what a couple of yall are saying, but my point is... is his showboating really worth it? one day if he doesnt retire before then, it could bite him in the ass with someone that catches a solid shot with power. if anyone thinks he is unbeatable then they are retarded.

I do see where you're coming from, but I personally didn't find it offensive, I did feel a bit bad for Bonnar though.

Sovereign 10-14-2012 11:06 AM

The point isn't just showboating. IMO he uses it to confuse his opponents, and make them second guess their approach to the fight. Most of the time it works really well and his opponent throws his game plan out the window.

So here's a scenario, you are a great fighter standing across the ring from Anderson. You know take-downs are his weakness so you storm across and try to press him against the cage, to set up the take down.

Its not working, so you try to start throwing some punches to soften him up.

Its not working.

So then you just lose it and try to take his head off.

he drops his hands and lets you go to town and it does nothing.

What do you do from here?

LL 10-14-2012 11:08 AM

He broke Bonnar mentally when he did that, it's part of the game, it's no different than what Nick and Nate do, except Anderson doesn't spew obscenities and rep his hometown in the process.

I didn't see a problem with it, my problem is still him holding the Middleweight title hostage.

Joabbuac 10-14-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1637337)
He broke Bonnar mentally when he did that, it's part of the game, it's no different than what Nick and Nate do, except Anderson doesn't spew obscenities and rep his hometown in the process.

I didn't see a problem with it, my problem is still him holding the Middleweight title hostage.

Yea, that bastard....has been holding that thing hostage for 6 years now...

Let the contenders emerge - Weidman and Bisping need another win, they looked good last time out but i think you need more than one great win to get a title shot.

LL 10-14-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joabbuac (Post 1637340)
Yea, that bastard....has been holding that thing hostage for 6 years now...

Let the contenders emerge - Weidman and Bisping need another win, they looked good last time out but i think you need more than one great win to get a title shot.

He's not held it hostage for six years, he's defended it for six years and now he has no interest in any fight at 185 except Bisping who would get slaughtered in the first round.

If anyone's gonna give him a fight at 185, it's gonna be Weidman, if he's not interested in that fight, he needs to give the title up and go fight GSP because no one besides Anderson is gonna beat Weidman at 185.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2