UFC 153 is over with.......you know what that means..... - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,286
                     
Condit is incredibly dynamic, his striking is technical, powerful and his grappling is top notch, but I see a focused, motivated GSP being just too much for him. GSP's going to dominate the striking, and the grappling. I'd love to see GSP get the finish, but Condit's incredibly tough, so I see Georges taking an impressive UD victory. The one thing that massively plays in Carlos's favour is the potential of ring rust. Georges could struggle in the early rounds with his timing, but, I think it's unlikely. Great fight though, can't wait!

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 09:12 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
IMO Condit is a boring fighter. I sooo wanted Diaz to close the gap on that running dude and kick his ass.
Join Date: April 2012, I assume that's when you started watching MMA too then?







El Bresko is offline  
post #43 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,286
                     
Nah, Condit is pretty boring. His fights with Nick Diaz and erm, Dan Hardy sucked......

Seriously though, anyone that thinks Condit is boring hasn't been watching this sport for long. The fight with Rory McDonald was ******* awesome, as were the finishes of Hardy, Kim, Miura and all those impressive submissions in the WEC. The dude's a killer. Just wish Dan hadn't run into him, that was a brutal knockout!

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #44 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 09:35 AM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
Nah, Condit is pretty boring. His fights with Nick Diaz and erm, Dan Hardy sucked......

Seriously though, anyone that thinks Condit is boring hasn't been watching this sport for long. The fight with Rory McDonald was ******* awesome, as were the finishes of Hardy, Kim, Miura and all those impressive submissions in the WEC. The dude's a killer. Just wish Dan hadn't run into him, that was a brutal knockout!
Pfffft flying knees suck.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #45 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
GSP has been apologising to the fans for his performances and claiming he'll be back motivated and re-energised for how long now? I'm surprised people still buy that talk.

It is possible that this massive injury has rekindled his love for the sport, but I doubt it, in fact, I think it's probably made things even worse for him mentally.

The last time GSP truly impressed me was when he shut down BJ Penn 3 years ago. Since then, his performances have generally declined.

The Shields fight was just abysmal.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
                     
I was confident that Carlos Condit was going to win this fight via KO, but because TLL made this thread, I am now considering this a jinx and GSP will probably win.


Correct me if I'm wrong, but Greg Jackson stated that since he trains both guys, he won't be in either corner, which means both guys will be fighting more from their instinct, which means both guys will be looking for the finish, which means this should be an exciting fight.

(idk, just some food for thought since everybody hates Greg Jackson so much)

If I was Carlos Condit, I would immediately look for the KO finish from bell to bell. He's probably going to get taken down in this fight, and I'm highly doubtful that he'll be able to pull off a submission. And theirs absolutely no way he'll get a decision.
dlxrevolution is offline  
post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Greg Jackson stated that since he trains both guys, he won't be in either corner, which means both guys will be fighting more from their instinct, which means both guys will be looking for the finish, which means this should be an exciting fight.

(idk, just some food for thought since everybody hates Greg Jackson so much)

If I was Carlos Condit, I would immediately look for the KO finish from bell to bell. He's probably going to get taken down in this fight, and I'm highly doubtful that he'll be able to pull off a submission. And theirs absolutely no way he'll get a decision.
It just means that both guys will have their home gym in their corner. So GSP gets zahabi from tristar and Carlos gets winklejohn who has said he doesn't care that George sometimes trains at jacksons, Carlos is his fighter.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
It just means that both guys will have their home gym in their corner. So GSP gets zahabi from tristar and Carlos gets winklejohn who has said he doesn't care that George sometimes trains at jacksons, Carlos is his fighter.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
That's pretty much the case. GSP is more of a Tristar fighter and Jackson is strategist while Condit's home is Jacksons MMA. At least that's how i've seen it so far.

Rauno is offline  
post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 12,200
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Sig bet TLL?

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 769
                     
GSP can finish him. Condit has not a chance.
Abrissbirne is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome