MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Freddie Roach: Anderson is too big for GSP, wants to see Diaz V GSP. (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106083-freddie-roach-anderson-too-big-gsp-wants-see-diaz-v-gsp.html)

El Bresko 10-17-2012 03:00 AM

Freddie Roach: Anderson is too big for GSP, wants to see Diaz V GSP.
 
This is a little old but I don't recall anyone posting, quite interesting.

Quote:

"I've trained both guys and Anderson is a very talented boxer, he is very good. He's 6-0 as a pro in Brazil. He has more experience than a lot of the guys in the UFC. But the thing is, I just don't see, he's just too big, the size difference, they want Georges to go up in weight and him (Silva) to come down in weight and so forth and Georges told me he's not comfortable coming up in weight. He likes the weight he's fighting at now, that's where he's best and I don't think this fight is really going to happen because I think he's (Silva) too big for him."
I was unaware that he was 6-0 in Brazil as a boxer.



and this for good measure :)




Ludinator 10-17-2012 03:55 AM

I thought I read silva was 1-1 in boxing, am i wrong?.

Anyway this size issue is a joke. Silva is not much bigger that St Pierre, sure he's taller but that's about it. Silva at light heavy on Saturday weighed in at 202, now that isnt a lean 202, it's an out of shape 202. St Pierre walks around at 190 and i imagine he's still in pretty good shape at that weight. at fight night I think they would fight around the same weight anyway, step up st Pierre and test your self will ya !!!!!.

El Bresko 10-17-2012 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludinator (Post 1638577)
I thought I read silva was 1-1 in boxing, am i wrong?.

Anyway this size issue is a joke. Silva is not much bigger that St Pierre, sure he's taller but that's about it. Silva at light heavy on Saturday weighed in at 202, now that isnt a lean 202, it's an out of shape 202. St Pierre walks around at 190 and i imagine he's still in pretty good shape at that weight. at fight night I think they would fight around the same weight anyway, step up st Pierre and test your self will ya !!!!!.

You probably read that on Wikipedia and yes you are wrong.

Freddie Roach would not be wrong about something like that.

Georges said to Freddie "I think he's too big", that means a lot.. whether that statement is true or not, Georges isn't mentally ready to fight Andy.

Ludinator 10-17-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bresko (Post 1638580)
You probably read that on Wikipedia and yes you are wrong.

Freddie Roach would not be wrong about something like that.

Georges said to Freddie "I think he's too big", that means a lot.. whether that statement is true or not, Georges isn't mentally ready to fight Andy.

Nope didn't read it on Wiki actually.

El Bresko 10-17-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludinator (Post 1638594)
Nope didn't read it on Wiki actually.

Regardless, the source is incorrect.

I remember like a year ago Sherdog added two fights to Anderson's record from early in his career which hadn't been known about previously, i'm sure there'd be more.

PheelGoodInc 10-17-2012 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bresko (Post 1638580)
You probably read that on Wikipedia and yes you are wrong.

Freddie Roach would not be wrong about something like that.

Georges said to Freddie "I think he's too big", that means a lot.. whether that statement is true or not, Georges isn't mentally ready to fight Andy.

I find this... laughable to say the least.

GSP is focusing on his fight at hand. To say he's not mentally ready because one of his trainers thinks a guy who fights at 205 is bigger than a 170 pounder is a stretch.

Ludinator 10-17-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc (Post 1638613)
I find this... laughable to say the least.

GSP is focusing on his fight at hand. To say he's not mentally ready because one of his trainers thinks a guy who fights at 205 is bigger than a 170 pounder is a stretch.

He's fights at 185.

El Bresko 10-17-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc (Post 1638613)
I find this... laughable to say the least.

GSP is focusing on his fight at hand. To say he's not mentally ready because one of his trainers thinks a guy who fights at 205 is bigger than a 170 pounder is a stretch.

So do you think Georges telling Freddie that he thinks Anderson is too big for him = Georges is mentally ready and will fight Anderson?

For what reason would somebody say "Oh he's too big for me to fight", it probably doesn't help that his boxing coach tells him that he is right.

and it wasn't "Oh he's bigger than me" like Anderson V Bonnar (different, I know, but still), it was "He's too big for me", already counting himself out. That shows a lack of confidence in his ability against Anderson.

I don't mind if you disagree, I always enjoy debating with you :)

Voiceless 10-17-2012 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bresko (Post 1638568)

Pay attention to 3:00, in particular the last thing Roach says about Silva.

PheelGoodInc 10-17-2012 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bresko (Post 1638621)
So do you think Georges telling Freddie that he thinks Anderson is too big for him = Georges is mentally ready and will fight Anderson?

For what reason would somebody say "Oh he's too big for me to fight", it probably doesn't help that his boxing coach tells him that he is right.

and it wasn't "Oh he's bigger than me" like Anderson V Bonnar (different, I know, but still), it was "He's too big for me", already counting himself out. That shows a lack of confidence in his ability against Anderson.

George said he isn't comfortable going up in weight... not that he's uncomfortable because of Anderson. Also, there's no where George specifically mentioned Anderson (through Freddy).

The opinion that Anderson is too big is from Freddy... not George. Last I heard, George didn't want to talk about Anderson because he was focusing on Condit. I don't know how any of that equates to him not being mentally ready for anything.

Quote:

I don't mind if you disagree, I always enjoy debating with you :)
Likewise bud. :thumb02:

I just don't see this huge supposed mental weakness in GSP that everything thinks he has. The guy fought Alves with a torn groin, and Sheilds with one eye... and dominated both of them with ease while being injured. Not to mention he threw everything including the kitchen sink at Fitch who just keep stomping forward like a freakin terminator. A mentally weak person would have broke under those situations.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2