Rampage Jackson vs Glover - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 229
                     
Rampage Jackson vs Glover

I really hope Jackson does the unexpected for this fight and goes full wrestler mode lol .. Glover is not gonna expect that coming and Jackson might be able to get the decision

in the post fight interview with Joe Rogan or Jon Anik he shud be like Lay and pray all day Joe rogan podcast by night !

BAM hype train derailed lol
2kni3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 07:44 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,159
                     
It would be a hypocritical flipflop on his stance about boring wrestlers that's for sure.

I doubt he would do it or necessarily gain that much success with it.. Glover did fine against Ricco who is about the same level of wrestler that Rampage is and bigger. Also equally unmotivated and past-prime lately.

It probably would be a good idea to mix it in though and keep Glover guessing, but somehow I doubt Rampage will come off his KO addiction so easily and get back to his wrestling roots.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Bantamweight
 
Servatose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 996
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
It would be a hypocritical flipflop on his stance about boring wrestlers that's for sure.

I doubt he would do it or necessarily gain that much success with it.. Glover did fine against Ricco who is about the same level of wrestler that Rampage is and bigger. Also equally unmotivated and past-prime lately.

It probably would be a good idea to mix it in though and keep Glover guessing, but somehow I doubt Rampage will come off his KO addiction so easily and get back to his wrestling roots.
This, but furthermore I actually think Rampage is favored against just about anyone who will stand there and strike with him. He has technical boxing, and power than can turn the lights out for anyone. I think Ramapge takes this fight, because of his boxing advantage. Glover showed what I believe is less technical boxing than Rampage in his last show out, and even was staggered by a dazed opponent due to over-comitting. I think this is a good match-up for Page, and I wouldn't be at all shocked if he takes a KO.

vBookie: 30-12
Servatose is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Flyweight
 
MoopsiePuffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 291
                     
I doubt he would employ such a tactic. In recent years he has preferred to plod around the cage, defend take downs and try to knock out his opponent, a tactic which has been largely unsuccessful for a long time now. He is set in his ways and I highly doubt he will make any drastic changes to his style at this time.

As far as the fight with Glover goes, I think it will largely be contested on the feet with Glover mixing in a few take downs attempts of his own. Glover by decision would be my prediction.

Favourite Fighter

Renato Sobral

Always appreciating the fine workings of Sakara, Almeida, Gonzaga
MoopsiePuffs is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 02:49 PM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servatose View Post
This, but furthermore I actually think Rampage is favored against just about anyone who will stand there and strike with him. He has technical boxing, and power than can turn the lights out for anyone. I think Ramapge takes this fight, because of his boxing advantage. Glover showed what I believe is less technical boxing than Rampage in his last show out, and even was staggered by a dazed opponent due to over-comitting. I think this is a good match-up for Page, and I wouldn't be at all shocked if he takes a KO.
Agreed, ordinarily he is. But rd 1 of the Bader fight showed just how bad an unmotivated Rampage can look, standup or no. Glover's way better than that.

It all depends on how Rampage shows up, but he's been on the downslide lately.

Should be an interesting watch either way, either Rampage shows up in form and gives a vintage performance, or Glover gives us another beatdown and becomes a hot prospect. I don't expect him to give a boring show like Bader did.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
I'm really looking forward to Rampage vs CroCop at OneFC 11. Gonna be EPIC!
OU is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 937
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Agreed, ordinarily he is. But the Bader fight showed just how bad an unmotivated Rampage can look, standup or no. Glover's way better than that.

It all depends on how Rampage shows up, but he's been on the downslide lately.

Should be an interesting watch either way, either Rampage shows up in form and gives a vintage performance, or Glover gives us another beatdown and becomes a hot prospect. I don't expect him to give a boring show like Bader did.
I'm not so sure it is interesting, in fact I don't see how it is. Exactly what has Rampage done in the last 3-4 years that suggests he is capable of a 'vintage' performance? Nothing.

His only notable win in that time is Machida, and that was a fight the majority of fans think he lost. Rampage himself said he lost that fight. I don't see anything except a savage beating for Jackson in this fight.

I also don't see the fight at all, Jackson has made it pretty clear he just isn't into MMA much anymore, pulling out of fights, showing up out of shape. I'll believe this fight happens when I actually see him step into the Octagon.
Finnsidious is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsidious View Post
I'm not so sure it is interesting, in fact I don't see how it is. Exactly what has Rampage done in the last 3-4 years that suggests he is capable of a 'vintage' performance? Nothing.

His only notable win in that time is Machida, and that was a fight the majority of fans think he lost. Rampage himself said he lost that fight. I don't see anything except a savage beating for Jackson in this fight.

I also don't see the fight at all, Jackson has made it pretty clear he just isn't into MMA much anymore, pulling out of fights, showing up out of shape. I'll believe this fight happens when I actually see him step into the Octagon.
Former champ beatdowns are interesting though, and after this glover is ready for the big leagues. What would suck is a hugfest, but i dont see that.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,079
                     
It's possible. Fuel TV had a segment recently where they said Rampage got injured trying new things to mix his game up. They didn't know what these 'new things' were but it could have been wrestling. That's where a lot of injuries come from. I don't think he'll lay and pray though. If he brings the fight to the ground, he'll probably stay in guard/half guard and land bombs.

Will make predictions for credits. Please, I'm so broke.

AlphaDawg is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
                     
Rampage probably couldn't take Glover down, unless it was by surprise... and even then he would be completely out of his league down there.




Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome