Is Jones vs Sonnen the fight you really wanted to see? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,402
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
I can't begin to describe how badly Gustaf would be beaten by Jones. There's a hype train I cannot wait to see ended. Enter the Shogun.
Shogun's MMA wrestling is badly underrated. I think he takes Gus down and beats his head through the floor.

Not only am I completely ambivalent about this fight, and think both Hendo and Machida have earned a shot, I think this will be a boring season of TUF.

It's just going to be Kos vs GSP all over again.
Sports_Nerd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,613
                     
Seeing Sonnen go in with Bones is a fight I prefer over Hendo. I belive both would get squished, but Hendo would have got squished worse. He looked god awful in the last 2.5 rounds against Rua. Sonnen has no issues with stamina.

As far as who deserves it more? Neither of them.... because they are a pair of huge knobs with dysfunctional testicles.
Soojooko is offline  
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 08:44 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Seeing Sonnen go in with Bones is a fight I prefer over Hendo. I belive both would get squished, but Hendo would have got squished worse. He looked god awful in the last 2.5 rounds against Rua. Sonnen has no issues with stamina.
Most ppl seem to forget the first 3 rounds were very high paced. Hendo went all in and it's actually surprising that Rua survived.

I'd be happier with Hendo. Jones doesn't have that 1 punch KO power and he likes to pick his opponents apart through time. Sth that would favor Hendo. He'd be a serious threat to Jones in the first 2-3 rounds, after that Jones would demolish him.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App

Rauno is offline  
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Flyweight
 
MoopsiePuffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 291
                     
This is not the fight I want to see. However there are very few legitimate threats to Jones at this point. I would like to see him rematch Machida in the future as he had some success in the opening stages of the fight. A more aggressive Rashad Evans may also pose a threat to Jones.

I see no way of Chael winning this fight, so I am not interested in it. He doesn't have the size and wrestling advantage in this fight that he normally has over middle weights and he doesn't have the power to land a surprise KO punch on Jones, at least Hendo offered that threat.

Machida vs Hendo and Gus vs Shogun are two LHW fights I am looking forward to far more than Jones vs Sonnen. Not to mention the fact that I haven't watched TUF in years so I'm not even excited for the trash talk during the show.

Favourite Fighter

Renato Sobral

Always appreciating the fine workings of Sakara, Almeida, Gonzaga
MoopsiePuffs is offline  
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,417
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelewis2k6 View Post
This is not the fight I want to see. However there are very few legitimate threats to Jones at this point. I would like to see him rematch Machida in the future as he had some success in the opening stages of the fight. A more aggressive Rashad Evans may also pose a threat to Jones.

I see no way of Chael winning this fight, so I am not interested in it. He doesn't have the size and wrestling advantage in this fight that he normally has over middle weights and he doesn't have the power to land a surprise KO punch on Jones, at least Hendo offered that threat.

Machida vs Hendo and Gus vs Shogun are two LHW fights I am looking forward to far more than Jones vs Sonnen. Not to mention the fact that I haven't watched TUF in years so I'm not even excited for the trash talk during the show.
Second all of this
Iuanes is offline  
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,128
Blog Entries: 13
                     
I am not really interested in this fight. Jones is going to dominate but I also don't think Gustaf stands much of a chance either.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Featherweight
 
aerius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,478
                     
Hell no, I wanted to see Sonnen vs. Bisping on TUF so that we could see Bisping get wound up so bad that he has a stroke on TV.

And I was so looking forward to Hendo vs. Jones.
aerius is offline  
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,613
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Most ppl seem to forget the first 3 rounds were very high paced. Hendo went all in and it's actually surprising that Rua survived.

I'd be happier with Hendo. Jones doesn't have that 1 punch KO power and he likes to pick his opponents apart through time. Sth that would favor Hendo. He'd be a serious threat to Jones in the first 2-3 rounds, after that Jones would demolish him.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App
I think it'll only take Bones getting Hendo down once. By the time he gets back up he'll be totally knackered. Even if its round 1.
Soojooko is offline  
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
                     
It's fine for a Summerslam or Survivor's Series main event, but not Wrestlemania quality. I think Brock will interfere and it will be a DQ. They're just using it to set up Brock vs Jones at Wrestlemania imo.
RearNaked is offline  
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,538
Blog Entries: 1
                     
What a wonderful place this would be with Chael P. Sonnen as the new LHW champion.

He is the only man in the UFC who doesn't sing "please Mr. Dana I don't wanna go" when they get a chance at Jones.



except for Dan

oldfan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome