Dana: "UFC Women's division absolutely going to happen" - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
evzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 598
evzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level nowevzbc is on another level now
The fact of the matter is, the talent pool is just so small.

I'm a fan of Ronda, and I've enjoyed some awesome female MMA matches, but they really need to think about their audience here...

Who do they think they are doing this for? Do they think they will attract MORE female fans? Highly doubtful.

Most casual fans already don't care much about the lighter weight classes. I think the UFC needs to channel their efforts on keeping their existing fans happy before it's too late.
evzbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,890
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post

There is no difference between women fighting and men fighting besides how much it bothers you that a woman could kick your ass. This kind of stuff makes me disgusted to be lumped in as an mma fan.
Because these women could kick my ass I don't like to watch them? i disagree

I don't watch women's basketball although I know fully well they would run circles around me on the court. I don't watch womens golf even though I knwo full well they would kick my ass on a golf course. I don't watch WMMA knowing full well many of those girls would sub me in an instant...
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, what matters is what society thinks. Society doesn't want to see women fighting, therefore it's a bad business decision. Simple as that.
Explain why Invicta does so well then? Or all the attention Gina and now Rousey get in the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
And you are just being stupid if you think men and women's MMA is the same, men are obviously way more athletic/strong/skilled than women are at MMA. Open your eyes...
This is just balls out ******* stupid. To the point that you should feel ashamed you even typed out such shit. No logic or real thought put into this. Time to add you to the ignore list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Now I am positive you are a fool.

So because I or others don't care for WMMA it means we are on some alpha male bullshit? Ok...settle down you spaz.

Because these women could kick my ass I don't like to watch them? What kind of bullshit statement is that?

I don't watch women's basketball although I know fully well they would run circles around me on the court. I don't watch womens golf even though I knwo full well they would kick my ass on a golf course. I don't watch WMMA knowing full well many of those girls would sub me in an instant...

You are such a fool...
I'm a fool because I don't care what gender the fighter is? Or that I think it's idiotic that people who can watch two men beat the shit out of each other balk because the fighters have tits without being Roy Nelson? No. You're the fool. Adding another name to the ignore list.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,307
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, what matters is what society thinks. Society doesn't want to see women fighting, therefore it's a bad business decision. Simple as that.
And you are just being stupid if you think men and women's MMA is the same, men are obviously way more athletic/strong/skilled than women are at MMA. Open your eyes...
That was a load of bullshit...
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,890
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Deadman is so full of himself and thinks he knows it all he calls himself the "internet prophet".

This guy is such a joke it is hilarious and sad at the same time.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #36 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Huh... I see a post above me but can't read it. It's almost like I've put the poor fool on ignore to keep brain cells from dying every time he vomits his thoughts out onto a computer screen.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,890
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
I'm a fool because I don't care what gender the fighter is? Or that I think it's idiotic that people who can watch two men beat the shit out of each other balk because the fighters have tits without being Roy Nelson? No. You're the fool. Adding another name to the ignore list.
Do you get dumber by the post?

You are a FOOL, because you are calling others names, jumping to your own conclusions (alpha male bullshit), and having such a big probelm because other don't care for something.

Guess what you opinionated waste of time....people are different! Not everyone has to agree with you or what you care to watch.

That is why you are a FOOL.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #38 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Weird. It keeps showing that someone has posted but I just can't see the post.

*shrugs*

Oh well. It must not have been a good one anyway.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,307
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Dude... you misunderstand. Who would be impressed with a dream that involved Dana White doing sexual shit with anybody... let alone Rowdy?
It was just a joke really, a tasteless one according to RearNaked (and I admit), anyway since it's too late to take it back, it's valid to point out that there was no Dana involved in any mentioned dream...yuck...
__________________
"In GOD, we trust. Everything else, we check."
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, what matters is what society thinks.
There's so much wrong with this mentality that I can't even get into it here as it will completely derail the thread.

But my counter-argument would include things like pre-civil rights movement society, pre-women's suffrage society, apartheid states, the holocaust, shark fin soup, anti-abortionists...

In short it would include a lot of examples of the people who were right triumphing over the social norms of an ignorant society.
RearNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios