Rashad Evans vs. Lil' Nog set for Superbowl Weekend? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,154
                     
Rashad Evans vs. Lil' Nog set for Superbowl Weekend?

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos...o-de-2013.html

The article's in Portuguese but it does say Super Bowl so I guess Rashad and Lil' Nog are gonna fight on Super Bowl Weekend. Rashad should take that easily.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:02 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Lil Nog should have that TDD down from fighting all the wrestlers. Could be interesting if Nog can defend the takedown or Rashad tries to stand with him.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:03 AM
Bantamweight
 
prolyfic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 545
                     
I don't get, I just don't get it. Rashad has so much to lose here. I guess he just doesnt want to sit out and wait for fights anymore.

I-ya,
I against I,
flesh of my flesh,
and mind of my mind,
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time

MosDef " I against I"
prolyfic is offline  
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,550
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolyfic View Post
I don't get, I just don't get it. Rashad has so much to lose here. I guess he just doesnt want to sit out and wait for fights anymore.
It is hilarious when fans are more worried than the fighters.


So much to lose? He just got his ass whooped in a title shot. What exactly does he have to lose? He is getting a bone here. What is there to lose?

Fighters should never fight a lower ranked fighter? Logically how can that work?

This fighting not to lose. And not taking fights with too much to lose mentality has to go. It is so ridiculous and girly.

That said, I don't care for this fight. They seem to just use Nog as a stepping block. Phil and Bader held him down. Rashad will take him down and probably out-work him. I'd rather see fights like Hendo/Nog, Rampage/Nog, or Shogun/Nog 2. Not sure why they don't do any of those. Lil Nog could be an asset for very entertaining fights. But they just feed him stronger wrestlers.

Last edited by jonnyg4508; 10-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS
 
OHKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,501
                     
Rashad should take this pretty easily...

Anderson Silva
Aldo - Dos Anjos - Mayday - Weidman - Machida - Jones
OHKO is offline  
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Bantamweight
 
prolyfic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 545
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
It is hilarious when fans are more worried than the fighters.


So much to lose? He just got his ass whooped in a title shot. What exactly does he have to lose? He is getting a bone here. What is there to lose?

Fighters should never fight a lower ranked fighter? Logically how can that work?

This fighting not to lose. And not taking fights with too much to lose mentality has to go. It is so ridiculous and girly.

That said, I don't care for this fight. They seem to just use Nog as a stepping block. Phil and Bader held him down. Rashad will take him down and probably out-work him. I'd rather see fights like Hendo/Nog, Rampage/Nog, or Shogun/Nog 2. Not sure why they don't do any of those. Lil Nog could be an asset for very entertaining fights. But they just feed him stronger wrestlers.
Don't mean that he shouldnt fight or anyone shouldn't fight lower ranked fighters. But Rashad coming off a loss to the Champ, then requesting a fight with Silva at 185...then two weeks later accepting a fight with Lil Nog...that makes no sense. I think the odds on him getting another shot at the title he needs to fight someone that can have him be one or two fights away from a shot. Him fighting lil nog is just a fight. i dont see him moving up for winning. He is getting older and is not as fast as he used to be so he very well could be on the decline. if he is just looking for good fights then great, but if he is trying to get back to the top...I just dont see how this helps that.

I-ya,
I against I,
flesh of my flesh,
and mind of my mind,
two of a kind but one won't survive,
my images reflect in the enemies eye,
and his images reflect in mine the same time

MosDef " I against I"
prolyfic is offline  
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Terrible,terrible fight.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8,550
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolyfic View Post
Don't mean that he shouldnt fight or anyone shouldn't fight lower ranked fighters. But Rashad coming off a loss to the Champ, then requesting a fight with Silva at 185...then two weeks later accepting a fight with Lil Nog...that makes no sense. I think the odds on him getting another shot at the title he needs to fight someone that can have him be one or two fights away from a shot. Him fighting lil nog is just a fight. i dont see him moving up for winning. He is getting older and is not as fast as he used to be so he very well could be on the decline. if he is just looking for good fights then great, but if he is trying to get back to the top...I just dont see how this helps that.
If he really truly wanted Anderson he would make the move to 185. He could easily make it. And doubt he is beating Jones anytime soon. If he really wants Anderson make the announcement you are going to 185 and get that fight or have to fight once before he gets it.

Point is, he has no ties with Anderson, and his training partner (Vitor) now looks to be moved to 205. So why wouldn't he go to 185? I don't think he truly wants that fight. The UFC would set that up at 185 in a heartbeat if he did. If Anderson wins it will be awesome. If Rashad wins they may have a true future kingpin at 185 when Anderson steps down.

Rashad isn't getting a shot anytime soon at 205. Sonnen/Bones is what? a half a year away? We have Machida, Hendo, Gustaf. Maybe Tex. Rashad should be in no hurry to get back. He just got dominated for 5 rounds. He should be happy they are giving him a very winnable fight next so he doesn't go 0-2.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:48 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,705
                     
Meh don't really like this fight. Nog gets more wrestlers than Rampage
K R Y is offline  
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,301
Blog Entries: 1
                     
This fight makes no sense to me.

Rashad by UD.



Killz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome