Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can" - Page 10 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #91 (permalink)
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 15,488
Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
Because there is a huge difference in actually doing the killing yourself and picking up a vacuum packed packet of bacon in the store. You are physically taking a life in the first. Out of site out of mind.
I don't really think it matters as well. Hunters give us meat, we eat it. An animal loses it's life either way.
__________________
Rauno is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Really, the only LOGICAL complaint that should ever spawn from someone hunting for sport, is the fact that someone could've eaten that meat and now it went bad.


But considering deer and rabbit meat isn't really that popular in this country, even that is rather weak.
Roflcopter is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #93 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 996
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Not really...if anything it's even more hypocritical and gutless.


You cry about the "respect" of wild(or domesticated) beasts yet benefit from it.



It reminds me of those people who cry about sweatshops in China and yet buy Jordan's whenever they come out.



Seriously, people are really stupid.


In all of their self-righteousness, they somehow feel a need to justify everything they and other people do like anyone actually gives a ****.


"WELL IM GONNA EAT DIS HERE PIG! SO ITS OKAY TO SLICE IT'S THROAT HERPA"



Obviously that pig had no intrinsic value to you when you put it on your griddle without batting an eyelash.


Which is fair, because it's a pig. It has no value whatsoever other than the monetary value set by humans.

And with respect to that, shut the **** up about heartless ****ers and other such inanities.
Oh yeah dude Im stupid and insane because I dont believe in going out putting a bullet in an animals head and getting pleasure out of doing that.

If you think Im a hypocrite because I eat meat, but I have a problem with shooting things then your a ******* moron. One of those tea party gun toting morons that say the most bone thick ignorant things that make the rest of the world think that maybe you are simpletons, which obviously you are.

There is the food chain in nature where the strongest being eats from the top down. That is nature and that is life.
Going and shooting things for pleasure is not the natural food chain, its for horrible simpletons like Matt Hughes who is a famed bully and all around piece of shit, never mind his fighting skills. You are obviously in that bracket of the complete bone thick asshole.
DonRifle is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #94 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 996
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
I don't really think it matters as well. Hunters give us meat, we eat it. An animal loses it's life either way.
Nah theres a difference dude because when was the last time you bought a packet of bacon and visualised a pig getting slaughtered, screaming and blood everywhere? Probably never, but thats what you gotta do and see if you are killing the pig yourself. I dont think you can tell me that all the people who eat bacon are capable of slitting a pigs throat and so on?
A lot of people would probably vomit.

You also grow up eating like 95% of the world does, which involves meat and so on.
When you get to the age where you understand what goes on you have a choice of going vegan or maybe not eating veal, foie gras etc, things plainly against animals. Going vegan is extremely difficult because of the way society is. Its only the last 10 years restaurants etc have veg options and products on our shelves are free from animal products whether that be monosodium glutamate or whatever

Last edited by DonRifle : 10-28-2012 at 12:41 PM.
DonRifle is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #95 (permalink)
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 15,488
Rauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among MenRauno Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
Nah theres a difference dude because when was the last time you bought a packet of bacon and visualised a pig getting slaughtered, screaming and blood everywhere? Probably never, but thats what you gotta do and see if you are killing the pig yourself. I dont think you can tell me that all the people who eat bacon are capable of slitting a pigs throat and so on?
A lot of people would probably vomit.

You also grow up eating like 95% of the world does, which involves meat and so on.
When you get to the age where you understand what goes on you have a choice of going vegan or maybe not eating veal, foie gras etc, things plainly against animals. Going vegan is extremely difficult because of the way society is. Its only the last 10 years restaurants etc have veg options and products on our shelves are free from animal products whether that be monosodium glutamate or whatever
I didn't read the whole discussion but.. i could never kill an animal, heck i wouldn't be able to hurt one. But i'm not going to critisize people who hunt animals in order to provide food to the rest or themselves.
__________________
Rauno is online now  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #96 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 996
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
I didn't read the whole discussion but.. i could never kill an animal, heck i wouldn't be able to hurt one. But i'm not going to critisize people who hunt animals in order to provide food to the rest or themselves.
Neither would I dude, not at all its part of life for many people. I would criticize people who are killing for pleasure which is what Hughes was doing.
DonRifle is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Maybe if you knew anything about this food chain you thought you knew about you'd know that animals killing other animals that they don't necessarily eat is not non-existant.

Secondly, as far as what you don't believe in...who really gives a shit?


Is it really any of your business? The answer is no.

Unless you happen to be a farmer and own a cow that some maniac decides to shoot for whatever reason.
Roflcopter is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #98 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 996
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Sure no one gives a shit what I think, but this is a discussion forum and listening to hughes saying he can go to africa and shoot animals for sport because the bible of all things doesn't say he can't makes me want to express my opinion which im entitled to do.
The hughes line about feeding the people is horseshit, cant one of the natives not go and shoot the animals if they are hungry? No they cant because its against the law for locals to do it, and they can't afford to do it either
In my country people get up on horses take packs of dogs and hunt down foxes to kill them for sport, its the same shit really, killing animals for sport and fun which is wrong.
The King of Spain recently had a photo taken standing over an elephant which he shot in africa which he shot for sport. He got destroyed around the world for it and lost a huge amount of respect and credibility.

And to your point about animals not killing to eat, your forgetting that we are a lot more developed then animals just killing shit for the sake of killing to mark there territory or whatever. We have brains dude, and we can think!!

Last edited by DonRifle : 10-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
DonRifle is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #99 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
BlueLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 353
BlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He CrossesBlueLander Is Respected By All He Crosses
With all due respect, it sounds like you don't have a problem with the aspect of hunting, nor the feeding of many African locals. It seems like you really just dislike Hughes, and even moreso dislike the fact that he enjoyed this.

This reminds me of the Penguin episode from Futurama
BlueLander is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #100 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 996
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLander View Post
With all due respect, it sounds like you don't have a problem with the aspect of hunting, nor the feeding of many African locals. It seems like you really just dislike Hughes, and even moreso dislike the fact that he enjoyed this.

This reminds me of the Penguin episode from Futurama
nah dude totally wrong. I think hughes is one of the greatest fighters of all time. I read his book and he's a prick but i have huge respect for his achievements in the cage.
I cant make my point any more clear, killing animals for sport and fun is wrong. We as developed human being know better then that and we don't need a book written 2000 years ago to tell us what is right and wrong
DonRifle is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios