Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can" - Page 12 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #111 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Xanadu
Posts: 1,153
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Deadman, the kill was clean and legal but so what? The animal was killed for the enjoyment of Matt Hughes and the pleasure of his son. He paid so he could kill those animals which I reckon if you gave me a gun and sent me to africa I could kill without any hunting training and no skill. Point, aim, kill.
I find it hard to see the skill in that to be honest in those particular circumstances and find it hard to see the justification for matt hughes killing that beast(s) or the king of spain killing those elephants a few months ago.

I also know that in the US and Canada people hunt with hounds and have done for hundreds of years, its was never just england and ireland. Thats a pretty standard tradition right? Again chasing shit down and ripping it apart, with the hounds often getting killed during the hunt too. Seems like a lot of death and pain for some animals in order for people to have some enjoyment and test their skills.

And there is a big difference between taking the life of an animal because you gotta eat and taking the life of animal when its for your own sport whether you eat it or not afterwards.

This argument has been going on for the last 30-40 years and I dont expect people who have grown up with the tradition of hunting to agree with me. I just think people who go out to kill animals for sport and enjoy putting that animal through fear, chase, pain etc are soulless to a degree. I doubt the animal cares if the guy chasing it down to takes it life has respect for it. If someone was chasing me down to kill me I certainly wouldnt give a shit.
We are never gona agree on this, good debate anyway...
DonRifle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #112 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Hendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 311
Hendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the roughHendo is a jewel in the rough
lol at people who still read that fairy tale. Talking snake. No evolution planet earth is 5000 years old. People doing magic. Ur all crazy in my book now lol
__________________
FML
Hendo is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #113 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
Deadman, the kill was clean and legal but so what? The animal was killed for the enjoyment of Matt Hughes and the pleasure of his son. He paid so he could kill those animals which I reckon if you gave me a gun and sent me to africa I could kill without any hunting training and no skill. Point, aim, kill.
The fact that you say that tells me that you have never hunted. It is much harder than it looks. Hunting is a father/son activity in farming communities like the one Hughes grew up and lives in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
I find it hard to see the skill in that to be honest in those particular circumstances and find it hard to see the justification for matt hughes killing that beast(s) or the king of spain killing those elephants a few months ago.
What Hughes did and what the King of Spain did are completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
I also know that in the US and Canada people hunt with hounds and have done for hundreds of years, its was never just england and ireland. Thats a pretty standard tradition right? Again chasing shit down and ripping it apart, with the hounds often getting killed during the hunt too. Seems like a lot of death and pain for some animals in order for people to have some enjoyment and test their skills.
Hounds here are used for tracking prey. Not killing them. And the hounds themselves are rarely injured much less killed. You really have no idea how people hunt. You literally are arguing against something you have no practical knowledge of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
And there is a big difference between taking the life of an animal because you gotta eat and taking the life of animal when its for your own sport whether you eat it or not afterwards.
No there isn't. If the animal is legal, the kill is clean, and the meat used properly there is nothing wrong with it. Except in the minds of people who will gladly eat a cheeseburger but cry when they hear that a deer's been shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
This argument has been going on for the last 30-40 years and I dont expect people who have grown up with the tradition of hunting to agree with me. I just think people who go out to kill animals for sport and enjoy putting that animal through fear, chase, pain etc are soulless to a degree. I doubt the animal cares if the guy chasing it down to takes it life has respect for it. If someone was chasing me down to kill me I certainly wouldnt give a shit.

We are never gona agree on this, good debate anyway...
The problem is your side of the argument has no basis. No knowledge of the subject. No experience with the people you condemn so freely.
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #114 (permalink)
It Lurks...
 
evilappendix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NOLA
Posts: 520
evilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledgeevilappendix Is True Champion Of Knowledge
My cat is a terrible person. She thoroughly enjoys maiming squirrels, mice, birds, snakes and occasionally baby rabbits. I've watched her toy with them, handicapping limbs to watch them attempt an escape, only to pounce once more when they have a notion of safety. Even worse, she usually loses interest once she crushes their throats or eviscerates them and they quit making noise or putting up a fight!

She does however usually offer up her gruesome carcass trophy to me, her overlord/god. This flatters my massive ego and thus I allow her to sleep in my home and use the magic sand box of disappearing poop. Maybe Matt Hughes just wants a warm place to stay where he can also hide his poo in the laundry room?
evilappendix is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #115 (permalink)
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.deadmanshand Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilappendix View Post
My cat is a terrible person. She thoroughly enjoys maiming squirrels, mice, birds, snakes and occasionally baby rabbits. I've watched her toy with them, handicapping limbs to watch them attempt an escape, only to pounce once more when they have a notion of safety. Even worse, she usually loses interest once she crushes their throats or eviscerates them and they quit making noise or putting up a fight!

She does however usually offer up her gruesome carcass trophy to me, her overlord/god. This flatters my massive ego and thus I allow her to sleep in my home and use the magic sand box of disappearing poop. Maybe Matt Hughes just wants a warm place to stay where he can also hide his poo in the laundry room?
There is no more room in the thread. The awesome of this post has filled it.

/end thread
__________________
That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #116 (permalink)

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,293
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
/end thread
Best part of this thread so far!
__________________
Sig Credit: KRY
CupCake is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #117 (permalink)
The Fun Police

 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 10,143
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
ZING!


We are just going round and round in circles here guys.
__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #118 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Xanadu
Posts: 1,153
DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
No I havent hunted but I have shot weapons, and while I think there maybe plenty of skill in tracking a deer and being quiet enough to sneak up on it and get your shot off is not easy. However we are talking about open african plains where hunters drive around in jeeps. Your going to tell me that takes a high skill level with such a big target and guides finding them for you? I don't have to be a hunter to form an opinion on that

And dogs do get killed during hunting there has been plenty of incidents if you look online, in fact a case has been filed about it as you can see here.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/new...hunting-wolves

I read also the average hunting dog dies between 5-7 years of age, they are trained with shock collars
Hounds are used for tracking prey with often the hunter far behind on his GPS. Your saying that when the hounds corner the animal, the just stand there and wait for the hunter to come? They don't attack the prey and the prey (bear, wolf etc) doesn't attack the dogs?
Seems highly unlikely to me

Can you imagine deadman getting chased down for 10 miles with a bunch of people and dogs hunting to kill you? Can you imagine the trauma that presents for an animal and what a horrible experience that is for them? Would you do that to your dog?

I dont need experience in being cruel to and killing animals for my argument to have a basis.
DonRifle is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #119 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
RearNaked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Swinging from Roy Nelson's nuts.
Posts: 848
RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
No I havent hunted but I have shot weapons, and while I think there maybe plenty of skill in tracking a deer and being quiet enough to sneak up on it and get your shot off is not easy. However we are talking about open african plains where hunters drive around in jeeps. Your going to tell me that takes a high skill level with such a big target and guides finding them for you? I don't have to be a hunter to form an opinion on that

And dogs do get killed during hunting there has been plenty of incidents if you look online, in fact a case has been filed about it as you can see here.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/new...hunting-wolves

I read also the average hunting dog dies between 5-7 years of age, they are trained with shock collars
Hounds are used for tracking prey with often the hunter far behind on his GPS. Your saying that when the hounds corner the animal, the just stand there and wait for the hunter to come? They don't attack the prey and the prey (bear, wolf etc) doesn't attack the dogs?
Seems highly unlikely to me

Can you imagine deadman getting chased down for 10 miles with a bunch of people and dogs hunting to kill you? Can you imagine the trauma that presents for an animal and what a horrible experience that is for them? Would you do that to your dog?

I dont need experience in being cruel to and killing animals for my argument to have a basis.
No your powers of imagination are clearly a superior basis for an argument.
RearNaked is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #120 (permalink)

 
CupCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 7,293
Blog Entries: 13
CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
This needs closing, it's just opinion followed by shutdown and/or insult for 12 pages.
__________________
Sig Credit: KRY
CupCake is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios