Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can" - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 1Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:49 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,520
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
You can judge a man by his actions, and after the terrible reputation (personality wise) Hughes has built over the years for being a piece of shit, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Hughes went over to Africa just to kill for fun.

He fed the locales (or says he did) because it doesn't make him look as bad in the public eye. He covered his tracks quite well. But putting two and two together, I think it's quite obvious Hughes didn't go on a journey to the other side of the world just to help out a few of the natives. He went over there to kill for fun.
The actual kills/animals were used for food and the materials will be used as well for various things. So, is it the actual death of the animals you are upset about, or just the reason you think Hughes did it?

I mean, even if his reasoning for doing it was his own (for fun), and say he used giving the meat to locals/using materials as a smoke screen so that he would look better, it still makes the actual hunt/kills worth while and feeds people/gives them materials to use to better their life.

Just curious as to which you are actually upset at.
M.C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,459
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Attempt number two at starting an argument today and attempting to defend your little buddy Grappleretarded at the same. Bravo. Killing two birds with one stone.

Killing for fun is human nature. Violence is part of us. It's why we do things like go to war, hunt animals, and participate in blood sports.
I barely even know Grappleretarded I think as a species we have risen above that shit, nobody goes to war for fun, most people hunt or support hunting for food...and the only blood sports around now tend to leave both participants alive.
Joabbuac is offline  
post #23 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
The actual kills/animals were used for food and the materials will be used as well for various things. So, is it the actual death of the animals you are upset about, or just the reason you think Hughes did it?

I mean, even if his reasoning for doing it was his own (for fun), and say he used giving the meat to locals/using materials as a smoke screen so that he would look better, it still makes the actual hunt/kills worth while and feeds people/gives them materials to use to better their life.

Just curious as to which you are actually upset at.
Obviously the reasoning behind why I think Hughes did it.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #24 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,459
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmjrv View Post
Pussies who whine about hunting anger me

Sent from my MB860 using VerticalSports.Com App
Is Dan Hardy a *****?
Joabbuac is offline  
post #25 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 06:56 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,520
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Obviously the reasoning behind why I think Hughes did it.
Okay, so the actual hunting of the animal is justified because they were used properly to help locals, right? Regardless of Hughes own personal reason, the hunt was great for the people and helped them substantially.

Personally, it sounds like Hughes did something he enjoys (hunting, many people enjoy hunting, perfectly nice people who just enjoy the hunt for fun) without breaking any laws, it was during legal hunting season or whatever, and all of the materials were used properly to help others.

I don't see the problem on Hughes part, he likes to hunt and enjoys it and he did it legally during a proper period and used all the materials to help local people and fed them.
M.C is offline  
post #26 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Okay, so the actual hunting of the animal is justified because they were used properly to help locals, right? Regardless of Hughes own personal reason, the hunt was great for the people and helped them substantially.

Personally, it sounds like Hughes did something he enjoys (hunting, many people enjoy hunting, perfectly nice people who just enjoy the hunt for fun) without breaking any laws, it was during legal hunting season or whatever, and all of the materials were used properly to help others.

I don't see the problem on Hughes part, he likes to hunt and enjoys it and he did it legally during a proper period and used all the materials to help local people and fed them.
That's where we both agree to disagree. I don't think hunting for fun is fine. I think it's morally wrong and no human being should hunt for their own personal satisfaction or pleasure. I just straight up don't agree with it, it actually sickens me.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #27 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:03 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling.... You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them.
And he's not exactly unique among career soldiers. Most hunting done in the 1st World is trophy hunting. And blood sports are big around the world in a hundred different forms. Muay Thai, TKD, Boxing, MMA, bull fighting, cock fighting, dog fighting, hockey... humans like violence and humans like blood.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #28 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:04 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,520
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
That's where we both agree to disagree. I don't think hunting for fun is fine. I think it's morally wrong and no human being should hunt for their own personal satisfaction or pleasure. I just straight up don't agree with it, it actually sickens me.
Even if it's in perfectly legal hunting season, thus keeping population control and eating the animal? Just because you're hunting and having fun doing it doesn't mean you don't feel anything for the animal or don't respect it, most people when they hunt use the food/material, and they enjoy it greatly at the same time.
M.C is offline  
post #29 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:07 PM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,459
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Yet you team up with him every chance you get. Maybe an unrequited crush?

And you are living in a dream world if you think we - as a species - will ever rise above that. Violence is part of us. Nothing will ever change that. No social evolution. No magnificent breakthrough. Nothing.

Plenty of people go to war for fun. General James N. Mattis of the U.S. Marine Corps - a general who has multiple commendations for empathy and humanitarian works - said the following in an interview.
I dont team up with him....i was joking anyway, I don't really think someone should shoot you.

Anyone who kills for fun is morally corrupt, i don't care if they have also done some good, Jimmy Savile raped kids...but hey, he raised a bunch of money for them too - so its OK right?

No...your General is a corrupt person, no good will change that.
Joabbuac is offline  
post #30 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
Yet you team up with him every chance you get. Maybe an unrequited crush?

And you are living in a dream world if you think we - as a species - will ever rise above that. Violence is part of us. Nothing will ever change that. No social evolution. No magnificent breakthrough. Nothing.

Plenty of people go to war for fun. General James N. Mattis of the U.S. Marine Corps - a general who has multiple commendations for empathy and humanitarian works - said the following in an interview.



And he's not exactly unique among career soldiers. Most hunting done in the 1st World is trophy hunting. And blood sports are big around the world in a hundred different forms. Muay Thai, TKD, Boxing, MMA, bull fighting, cock fighting, dog fighting, hockey... humans like violence and humans like blood.


A great scene from a great film. Whilst it may be true that many human beings are violent by nature, there comes a point where you have to draw a line between going too far and extreme cases of violence.

Also, you're getting quite paranoid about myself and Jobbuac. We don't team up together, and as he said earlier, we barely even know each other. Just happens to be that we seem to share quite a few similar view points on certain topics.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded; 10-27-2012 at 07:12 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome