Matt Hughes defends hunting hobby - " The law and the bible say I can" - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,112
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'm not against hunting if you eat the meat and use parts of the animal for clothing or materials or whatever, and it's during the legal season to hunt them. Population control is also important.

In fact, the only time I'm against "hunting", is when a mountain lion or a bear or something kills someone out in the woods, and they go off and kill the animal. You're hiking in THEIR hunting territory, you are in THEIR eating habitat, and YOU get eaten, tough shit, you just got eaten, not the animals fault. It was the stupid human who decided to go on a hike in the middle of mountain lion territory, that's just one less dumbass running around this planet and I feel zero sadness for him/her. If you go out hunting for bear, and a bear chews you up and you die, then that was the risk you took going out there hunting that bear, you'll be as missed by me as much as I would miss that bear.

In other words, if they ate the meat and used the parts and it was during a legal time for him to be hunting those animals, and there's actual reason to be doing it, it's not a big deal.
My understanding is they do that so that the animal doesn't start to see humans as a food source and start seeking out humans for food.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:39 PM
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,427
                     
I think the idea is that in this circumstance, the consequence and harm of the hunting wasn't bad at all. No harm was really done, yes, animals were killed, but one assumes, they endured minimal suffering.

The issue is just simply what a nob Matt Hughes is.

Here's a guy who's basically incapable of having a meaningful moment in an Africa on a safari, without killing animals, and, incapable of bonding with his son properly without killing animals.

Secondly, his justification reeks of nobbery. 'The bible say it and the law say it, it must be fine'
Yes Matt, because we all know our morality only comes from somewhere outside ourselves and needs to be written down and directed to us.

If Matt was living in the 1800s he would say the same thing about slavery. Nob.

(no I'm not equaling slavery to hunting)
Iuanes is offline  
post #63 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM
It Lurks...
 
evilappendix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NOLA
Posts: 661
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygu View Post
Oh Rofl, you are a funny guy. Would it be suitable for you if I came and put a bullet in one of your family members because I found it fun?
Killing a human for fun is illegal or taboo in all but the most uncivilized of cultures. Folks are getting up in arms rather quickly to this topic. I think a lot of you need to use the "preview post" button more so you can read the hate you're spewing before you post it on a forum. Especially when it is in an attempt to decry violence...
evilappendix is offline  
post #64 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,735
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
My understanding is they do that so that the animal doesn't start to see humans as a food source and start seeking out humans for food.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
I've heard that too, in which case they should put up a sign "don't hike here, you will be eaten, dummies".

More importantly, if a mountain lion eats your face, he already saw you as food. They are meat eating, hunting predators, if you hike in their hunting grounds expect to get eaten.
M.C is offline  
post #65 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygu View Post
Oh Rofl, you are a funny guy. Would it be suitable for you if I came and put a bullet in one of your family members because I found it fun?
There is a big difference between hunting a deer and killing a person. The deer tastes much better. People's diets are terrible.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #66 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iuanes View Post
I think the idea is that in this circumstance, the consequence and harm of the hunting wasn't bad at all. No harm was really done, yes, animals were killed, but one assumes, they endured minimal suffering.

The issue is just simply what a nob Matt Hughes is.

Here's a guy who's basically incapable of having a meaningful moment in an Africa on a safari, without killing animals, and, incapable of bonding with his son properly without killing animals.

Secondly, his justification reeks of nobbery. 'The bible say it and the law say it, it must be fine'
Yes Matt, because we all know our morality only comes from somewhere outside ourselves and needs to be written down and directed to us.

If Matt was living in the 1800s he would say the same thing about slavery. Nob.

(no I'm not equaling slavery to hunting)

Well...what else is there to do in Africa?

The place is a shithole.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmanshand View Post
There is a big difference between hunting a deer and killing a person. The deer tastes much better. People's diets are terrible.
If diet determined how you taste, pigs would be the worst tasting thing on the Earth.


And while I don't eat pork....people certainly do love it.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #67 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 257
                     
WOW people slow down. Back to MMA. We have some good fights coming up!!! Lets enjoy them.
Mark
2zwudz is offline  
post #68 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 PM
The Internet Prophet
 
deadmanshand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
If diet determined how you taste, pigs would be the worst tasting thing on the Earth.

And while I don't eat pork....people certainly do love it.
It's the chemical additives and the deplorable lack of research into proper sauces and rubs for human flesh. Pork is a good substitute but it doesn't help in this season. I just keep seeing Election coverage and thinking that some people would be better off as a steak.

That is not dead which can eternal lie and withs strange aeons even death may die.
deadmanshand is offline  
post #69 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Sleepy
 
Hawndo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 2,153
                     
I don't think I've seen so many insults thrown around in a thread before. People I consider pretty decent posters are stooping to pretty low levels.

I just personally can't see how killing an animal purely for fun can be accepted. What he done in Africa I find fine as he enjoyed it and the locals got fed/paid. But anyone who kills an animal for fun and doesn't put it to good use is a horrible, horrible person.

very drunk will maybe repost when sober if this doesn't make sense.**


Thanks to Leakler for the sig
Hawndo is offline  
post #70 of 167 (permalink) Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawndo View Post
I don't think I've seen so many insults thrown around in a thread before. People I consider pretty decent posters are stooping to pretty low levels.

I just personally can't see how killing an animal purely for fun can be accepted. What he done in Africa I find fine as he enjoyed it and the locals got fed/paid. But anyone who kills an animal for fun and doesn't put it to good use is a horrible, horrible person.

very drunk will maybe repost when sober if this doesn't make sense.**


What gets me is the melo-drama.

Roflcopter is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome