MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   IMO UFC 154 Main Card is Pretty Weak (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106565-imo-ufc-154-main-card-pretty-weak.html)

TheNinja 11-03-2012 12:41 PM

IMO UFC 154 Main Card is Pretty Weak
 
I get what the Ufc is doing. They have thier cash cow with GSP so they don't need to put alot of big names etc.. But I was just looking over some of the fights on the main card and they don't even make sense.

How is Lawlor still getting a Pay per View Main Card??? He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights.

Nick Ring Vs CP??? Really.. Thats's a total mismatch

Mark Hominick...Love the guy But He's been getting beat down like a street whore his last 3 fights... No way he should be on a Main card.. I mean No way... Most people get cut after 3 straight losses.. He gets a main card Pay-Per-View????

So basically We only get 2 good fights
GSP v Condit
Martin V Hendricks

I know alot of you stream the fights illegaly, but I have morales and actually pay for everything I watch....

jonnyg4508 11-03-2012 12:46 PM

Oh it is terribly weak.

Glad to hear the Canadians didn't sell the place out as quick as UFC anticipated. Maybe it will tell them they can't just slap GSP on a card and expect it to be huge.

The 3 fights before the 2 mains fights are pathetic. Basically all 6 guys don't deserve to be on the PPV portion of an event. Hominick has lost what? 3 in a row? Garza sucks.

CP is good...but against Nick focking Ring?

Tim lawler on a main card of anything?

The card is terrible. Especially if the main event ends in a GSP lay-a-thon.

I usually watch at a buddies house and pitch in for the PPV. But none are really GSP fans and the card sucks. I may be watching this online.

Canadian Psycho 11-03-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNinja (Post 1644193)
I know alot of you stream the fights illegaly, but I have morales and actually pay for everything I watch....


LL 11-03-2012 12:48 PM

It's not the biggest card name value wise but Homninick/Garza should be good while it lasts, Costa is very underrated, and Carmont/Lawlor could be good.

Siler/Elkins should have been on the main card, that's my only real gripe.

dlxrevolution 11-03-2012 12:49 PM

Then don't watch it.

jonnyg4508 11-03-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1644198)
It's not the biggest card name value wise but Homninick/Garza should be good while it lasts, Costa is very underrated, and Carmont/Lawlor could be good.

Siler/Elkins should have been on the main card, that's my only real gripe.

There are 3 fights on the prelims that are no thrillers by any stretch of the imagination. But I would gladly switch them in for the 3 crappy main card fights.

Then again no. I'd rather see the better fights for free on FX.

LL 11-03-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 (Post 1644200)
There are 3 fights on the prelims that are no thrillers by any stretch of the imagination. But I would gladly switch them in for the 3 crappy main card fights.

Then again no. I'd rather see the better fights for free on FX.

I just looked at the prelims and remembered Bocek/dos Anjos is on this card too, I'd rather have that one on there as well. I'm glad they swapped Diabate/Griggs for Costa/Ring, I hope Costa gets a big step up in 2013.

Canadian Psycho 11-03-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 (Post 1644200)
There are 3 fights on the prelims that are no thrillers by any stretch of the imagination. But I would gladly switch them in for the 3 crappy main card fights.

Then again no. I'd rather see the better fights for free on FX.

That I agree with. I'd have promoted Cote vs. Sakara and Bocek vs. dos Anjos to the main card. Can't see why they'd be on the prelims while Nick Ring, Mark Hominick, and Tom Lawlor merit PPV appearances.

I do like that Francis Carmont is on PPV. I realize he's not yet the biggest name at MW, but people are going to take notice soon enough. Overall it's a fine event... I'd have just done a little reshuffling.

SideWays222 11-03-2012 01:03 PM

Simple Solution

Dont buy it.

jonnyg4508 11-03-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho (Post 1644204)
That I agree with. I'd have promoted Cote vs. Sakara and Bocek vs. dos Anjos to the main card. Can't see why they'd be on the prelims while Nick Ring, Mark Hominick, and Tom Lawlor merit PPV appearances.

I do like that Francis Carmont is on PPV. I realize he's not yet the biggest name at MW, but people are going to take notice soon enough. Overall it's a fine event... I'd have just done a little reshuffling.

I like Carmont as well. He is a solid fighter. Nick Ring doesn't float by boat though.

Carmont vs. Costas would have been a quality main card fight.

Garza, Lawler, and Ring are all below average fighters for their divisions. And Hominick is 0-3 in his last three fights...Not every card has to be stacked, but lets get some relevant fighters on the main card.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2