Who is a fighter that if they improved one skill could be an elite fighter? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 AM
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
may get flamed for this but I think Chale could be one of the greatest if he gained some power in his hands. his a grinder but if he could have the power to ko someone once he hits the ground. for example he hit silva a record number of times in their first fight and still couldn't ko him.

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Flyweight
 
duckyou666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
                     
First thought, Demian Maia and Kick Boxing, at the very least, a vast improvement on his sloppy Boxing.
duckyou666 is offline  
post #33 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Give Spong some take down defense or defensive wrestling skills and he would be a major, major threat to everyone in MMA.

Give Jussier Da Silva some take downs and offensive wrestling and he would be nearly impossible to beat.

Same thing for Werdum, give him some offensive wrestling and he would be tough to beat.

Mark Hunt would be one tough bastard if he had defensive wrestling.

If Phil Davis had some kickboxing or just about any striking ability he would be amazing.

If you could give GSP more aggression or tenacity then he would be the best fighter ever.
OU is offline  
post #34 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
                     
I know he's not in the UFC, but if Anthony Johnson had submission defence, he'd already be UFC champion by now.
dlxrevolution is offline  
post #35 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
I know he's not in the UFC, but if Anthony Johnson had submission defence, he'd already be UFC champion by now.
At what weight class? He can all the sub defense he wants and he wouldn't beat GSP, Anderson, Jones and a variety of contenders.
OU is offline  
post #36 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
At what weight class? He can all the sub defense he wants and he wouldn't beat GSP, Anderson, Jones and a variety of contenders.
170

I honestly think Anthony Johnson has the edge over GSP in the striking department. GSP was able to out jab Koscheck, but Anthony Johnson actually rocked Kosckeck a few times, causing Kos to go for takedowns. If Johnson had sub defense, I somewhat doubt Kos would have been able to hold him down for three rds, and he probably could've won a decision or possibly gottan a Knock out.

People like to complain about the superfight match-up between GSP and Silva, saying Silva's size advantage is too large for it to be a fair fight. Anthony Johnson cuts from 230, so he obviously has a bigger frame than GSP. AJ also has the advantage when it comes to having raw power. I think a BJJ defense Anthony Johnson could probably fend off submissions and possibly get a KO over GSP.

Ofcoarse, this is just a complete assumtion...
dlxrevolution is offline  
post #37 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
170

I honestly think Anthony Johnson has the edge over GSP in the striking department. GSP was able to out jab Koscheck, but Anthony Johnson actually rocked Kosckeck a few times, causing Kos to go for takedowns. If Johnson had sub defense, I somewhat doubt Kos would have been able to hold him down for three rds, and he probably could've won a decision or possibly gottan a Knock out.

People like to complain about the superfight match-up between GSP and Silva, saying Silva's size advantage is too large for it to be a fair fight. Anthony Johnson cuts from 230, so he obviously has a bigger frame than GSP. AJ also has the advantage when it comes to having raw power. I think a BJJ defense Anthony Johnson could probably fend off submissions and possibly get a KO over GSP.

Ofcoarse, this is just a complete assumtion...
I don't think it's even close. Sure AJ has the power advantage but GSP has much, much better technique and footwork. Not to mention GSP has the speed advantage and more diverse striking. Not just that but GSP would use that speed and footwork to jab the crap out of AJ and mix it in with take downs. If it was a 5 round fight at 170 then AJ would have to finish GSP early or he would be dominated in the later rounds. Even if Kos wasn't allowed to sub AJ he could still control him with his better grappling, speed and cardio.
OU is offline  
post #38 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I don't think it's even close. Sure AJ has the power advantage but GSP has much, much better technique and footwork. Not to mention GSP has the speed advantage and more diverse striking. Not just that but GSP would use that speed and footwork to jab the crap out of AJ and mix it in with take downs. If it was a 5 round fight at 170 then AJ would have to finish GSP early or he would be dominated in the later rounds. Even if Kos wasn't allowed to sub AJ he could still control him with his better grappling, speed and cardio.
GSP does have the technique advantage, but he's really not that much better. Speed advantage?...no. And GSP does not have the kicking power the Anthony Johnson has. Maybe GSP's striking arsonal is more diverse, however he no longer uses all of his tools. Anthony also has the reach advantage, so jabbing wouldn't be has easy. Takedowns wouldn't come easily either, however, I do think wrestling would still be his biggest advantage. For GSP to effeciently win the fight, he would have to take (sub defense)AJ down for all five rounds, and I honestly think Johnson has the raw power to end the fight before it goes to a decision. Remember, GSP chin is still questionable.

Last edited by dlxrevolution; 11-07-2012 at 03:54 PM.
dlxrevolution is offline  
post #39 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
GSP does have the technique advantage, but he's really not that much better. Speed advantage?...no. And GSP does not have the kicking power the Anthony Johnson has. Maybe GSP's striking arsonal is more diverse, however he no longer uses all of his tools. Anthony also has the reach advantage, so jabbing wouldn't be has easy. Takedowns wouldn't come easily either, however, I do think wrestling would still be his biggest advantage. For GSP to effeciently win the fight, he would have to take (sub defense)AJ down for all five rounds, and I honestly think Johnson has the raw power to end the fight before it goes to a decision. Remember, GSP chin is still questionable.
I highly disagree. GSP is much, much quicker then AJ in just about every way possible. He certainly snaps that jab out there much faster and is plenty fast enough to negate a 2 inch reach disadvantage. AJ has the power to end the fight but if he were fighting GSP he would be winded after round 1 and too slow to even come close to being able to KO GSP after that. I don't think the fight would even be remotely comptetive. GSP would do anything and everything he wanted to do and AJ wouldn't be able to stop it. Especially if he were cutting down to 170, after getting put on his back one time all his hopes would be over. By the end of the fight GSP would be running circles around AJ.
OU is offline  
post #40 of 64 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
I highly disagree. GSP is much, much quicker then AJ in just about every way possible. He certainly snaps that jab out there much faster and is plenty fast enough to negate a 2 inch reach disadvantage. AJ has the power to end the fight but if he were fighting GSP he would be winded after round 1 and too slow to even come close to being able to KO GSP after that. I don't think the fight would even be remotely comptetive. GSP would do anything and everything he wanted to do and AJ wouldn't be able to stop it. Especially if he were cutting down to 170, after getting put on his back one time all his hopes would be over. By the end of the fight GSP would be running circles around AJ.
AJ.. isnt that the guy Koscheck outstruck?? LOL
SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome