MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   UFC Macao Future Opponents (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106763-ufc-macao-future-opponents.html)

jonnyg4508 11-10-2012 06:21 PM

UFC Macao Future Opponents
 
Cung Le: Brian Stann

Franklin: retire/Munoz

Thiago Silva: Te Huna

Nedkov: drop to 185, Vemola/Leban loser

DHK: Fitch

Paulo Thiago: Jay Hieron

Gomi: Varner/Guillard winner

Danzig: Zhang

Tuck: Nurmagomedov

slapstick 11-10-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 (Post 1646181)
Cung Le: Brian Stann

Franklin: retire/Munoz

Thiago Silva: Te Huna

Nedkov: drop to 185, Vemola/Leban loser

DHK: Fitch

Paulo Thiago: Jay Hieron

Gomi: Varner/Guillard winner

Danzig: Zhang

Tuck: Nurmagomedov

Good list but cut Zhang

AmdM 11-10-2012 07:20 PM

Munoz as bad as he is, still out ranks Cung imo.
Why would we give him to Rich after that nasty KO?

Shady1 11-11-2012 06:16 AM

Tom Deblass vs Jared Hamman
Riki Fukuda vs Michael Kuiper
Yasuhiro Urushitani vs Ulysses Gomez
John Lineker vs John Moraga
Motonobu Tezuka vs Byron Bloodworth
Alex Caceres vs TJ Dillashaw
Jeff Hougland vs Vaughan Lee
Takeya Mizugaki vs Raphael Assuncao
Tiequan Zhang vs Rafaello Oliveira
Jon Tuck vs Marcus Levesseur
Mac Danzig vs Paul Taylor
Takanori Gomi vs Sam Stout
Paulo Thiago vs Duane Ludwig
Dong Hyun Kim vs Mike Pierce
Stanislav Nedkov vs Wagner Prado
Thiago Silva vs Vinny Magalhaes
Rich Franklin vs Brian Stann
Cung Le vs Jake Shields

jonnyg4508 11-11-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmdM (Post 1646190)
Munoz as bad as he is, still out ranks Cung imo.
Why would we give him to Rich after that nasty KO?

Doesn't really matter who outranks who.

Munoz is coming off a one-sided loss. Rich is coming off a KO loss. You can't just give no names to Franklin, he is a big name that needs at least a name to fight.

I really couldn't think of a good opponent for him at 185. So I gave him Munoz. He isn't going to get a guy no one knows. Like Forrest and Tito...even if Franklin were to lose 3 in a row he still would be given guys with name value.

It is a winable fight. Munoz's wrestling is overrated, Leban dealt with it well early on. Franklin has better hands and cardio than Munoz.

Joabbuac 11-11-2012 09:53 AM

As bad as he is? Munoz is not a bad fighter; Weidman just made him look that way...not many people have an easy night against Munoz.

Toxic 11-11-2012 11:42 AM

Franklin winner of Cote/Sakara
Cung - Hector Lombard (Cung isn't interested in being champ SF vs Bellator is interesting.) No reason to give a guy who isn't in the title hunt unfavorable match ups that will lead to horrible fights.

Silva - Hendo/Machida loser or welcome Gegard Mousasi to the UFC.

DHK vs loser of Kos or Fitch to see how he handles a wrestler.


Gomi- Matt Wiman

John Tuck - Thiago Tavares

Sports_Nerd 11-11-2012 12:51 PM

I'm wondering about a DHK vs Rory matchup.

DHK is well behind Rory on just about anyone's ranking system, but would still be an impressive win if Rory can pull it off, and might actually halt Rory's momentum (or get it back on track if BJ beats him.)

LL 11-11-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joabbuac (Post 1646283)
As bad as he is? Munoz is not a bad fighter; Weidman just made him look that way...not many people have an easy night against Munoz.

Munoz only sucks because he got destroyed by Weidman, don't expect the Silva fans to give him any credit for that.

Rich needs to retire, hate to be 'that guy' but he's been dropped and KO'ed in his last two fights, a lot of people thought it should have been stopped against Wandy and while Rich is a great fighter and an awesome person his time in MMA has sadly come to an end, Anderson is still around and so is Vitor so I always thought his "run at a title aspirations" were a bit far-fetched and he's too small to hang at 205 so, it looks like he should call it a day.

Give Cung a fight with Stann or Lombard if he beats Palhares.

Give Thiago Silva a fight with James Te-Huna, tell Nedkov to go to 185.

Stun-Gun should be fighting Pierce, I was really impressed with his grappling, I think they're doing an international FUEL TV card in February? Put him on there, that was the definition of grapple ******* against Thiago, speaking of which, give him Matt Brown regardless of the out come of the Mike Swick fight.

Gomi vs. dos Anjos would be a cool fight, and I like Danzig vs. Njoukani or however you spell it.

Zhang cut, but give Jon Tuck a fight with a low level guy to groom him. That was a really good fight.

Mizugaki can fight Bowles if he ever decides to come back and Houghland can get cut.

TheNinja 11-11-2012 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1646314)
Munoz only sucks because he got destroyed by Weidman, don't expect the Silva fans to give him any credit for that.

Rich needs to retire, hate to be 'that guy' but he's been dropped and KO'ed in his last two fights, a lot of people thought it should have been stopped against Wandy and while Rich is a great fighter and an awesome person his time in MMA has sadly come to an end, Anderson is still around and so is Vitor so I always thought his "run at a title aspirations" were a bit far-fetched and he's too small to hang at 205 so, it looks like he should call it a day.

Give Cung a fight with Stann or Lombard if he beats Palhares.

Give Thiago Silva a fight with James Te-Huna, tell Nedkov to go to 185.

Stun-Gun should be fighting Pierce, I was really impressed with his grappling, I think they're doing an international FUEL TV card in February? Put him on there, that was the definition of grapple ******* against Thiago, speaking of which, give him Matt Brown regardless of the out come of the Mike Swick fight.

Gomi vs. dos Anjos would be a cool fight, and I like Danzig vs. Njoukani or however you spell it.

Zhang cut, but give Jon Tuck a fight with a low level guy to groom him. That was a really good fight.

Mizugaki can fight Bowles if he ever decides to come back and Houghland can get cut.

Yeah, Mark is a real Beast... I mean Everyone gets KO'D by a Matt Hammil high Kick:confused05:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2