Chael says Rampage cant beat Ronda. - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
I understand, but my statement is towards anyone who has worked hard for something without, or with very little, reward and recognition. When it finally comes for them I don't blame them for trying to get everything from it.

There are many more MMA fighters who deserve attention and credit, and when they do get it I will be happy for them. I also expect them to take it for everything they can get.
Yeah I know what you are saying, it's nice to see fighters get rewarded for years of hard work. Especially when they have been around since the early, early days before it was cool and there was no money or recognition in it. Chael was also a very important training partner for alot of guys over the years. I know I'm singling out Chael again. When it comes to him specifically, like I mentioned I think he has been more then compensated. But like you also mention there are a ton of guys out there that have been pouring all they have into the sport and never got what they deserved. So in that sense, it's nice to see someone is able to cash in on his labor. Sorry again for taking your statement and applying it to a single fighter when that wasn't your intention.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,453
cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
Yeah I know what you are saying, it's nice to see fighters get rewarded for years of hard work. Especially when they have been around since the early, early days before it was cool and there was no money or recognition in it. Chael was also a very important training partner for alot of guys over the years. I know I'm singling out Chael again. When it comes to him specifically, like I mentioned I think he has been more then compensated. But like you also mention there are a ton of guys out there that have been pouring all they have into the sport and never got what they deserved. So in that sense, it's nice to see someone is able to cash in on his labor. Sorry again for taking your statement and applying it to a single fighter when that wasn't your intention.
No worries man. Originally I typed up this huge post, then deleted it and went with that one statement that summed up my 1000 word essay

There are situations in the UFC we all hate. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the other side of the coin. While I am not the biggest fan of Chael's personality, I believe we saw the real Chael, the one all the other fighters and trainers talk about, after the second Anderson Silva fight. I bet he is an awesome dude when there isn't a mic or camera on him.

You know, other than laundering money that is.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
No worries man. Originally I typed up this huge post, then deleted it and went with that one statement that summed up my 1000 word essay

There are situations in the UFC we all hate. Sometimes we need to be reminded of the other side of the coin. While I am not the biggest fan of Chael's personality, I believe we saw the real Chael, the one all the other fighters and trainers talk about, after the second Anderson Silva fight. I bet he is an awesome dude when there isn't a mic or camera on him.

You know, other than laundering money that is.
That is one of the things I find the most frustrating about him. When he "breaks character" and is just being himself he seems like an insightful, respectful and hard working man. I remember Matt Serra going down to Chael's and spending some time with him and having it all on video and it was some pretty good stuff. I have seen tons of other interviews where Chael is being himself without the gimmick. If he didn't have this character he portrayed it would be tough not to like him. But I not only hate the character he created, I hate that he feels he needs to use that character and I hate how he is rewarded for being that character. The interview with Serra he talked about how he respected Paulo Filho for sending him the WEC belt even though technically it wasn't a Championship fight. There are other examples, but when he is being real he can be very pleasant.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Rydell View Post
Wonder how Sonnen matches up with this guy:

http://youtu.be/TFmJE4QMY3c
Do you get a nickle everytime you reference Buck Rydell?
OU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #25 (permalink)
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,005
mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
That is one of the things I find the most frustrating about him. When he "breaks character" and is just being himself he seems like an insightful, respectful and hard working man. I remember Matt Serra going down to Chael's and spending some time with him and having it all on video and it was some pretty good stuff. I have seen tons of other interviews where Chael is being himself without the gimmick. If he didn't have this character he portrayed it would be tough not to like him. But I not only hate the character he created, I hate that he feels he needs to use that character and I hate how he is rewarded for being that character. The interview with Serra he talked about how he respected Paulo Filho for sending him the WEC belt even though technically it wasn't a Championship fight. There are other examples, but when he is being real he can be very pleasant.
That's exactly how I feel as well, it's a damn shame that people actually like and reward that kind of thing.
To me his character is cheesy, and boring and I really can't understand how ppl are amused by it.
__________________
mmaswe82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,185
Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU View Post
That is one of the things I find the most frustrating about him. When he "breaks character" and is just being himself he seems like an insightful, respectful and hard working man. I remember Matt Serra going down to Chael's and spending some time with him and having it all on video and it was some pretty good stuff. I have seen tons of other interviews where Chael is being himself without the gimmick. If he didn't have this character he portrayed it would be tough not to like him. But I not only hate the character he created, I hate that he feels he needs to use that character and I hate how he is rewarded for being that character. The interview with Serra he talked about how he respected Paulo Filho for sending him the WEC belt even though technically it wasn't a Championship fight. There are other examples, but when he is being real he can be very pleasant.
I have no problem with Chael doing what he does if that's what works for him. He's gotta do what he's gotta do to get ahead.

I do have a problem with the people who cultivate the environment in which that is what you have to do to get ahead. It starts with the Zuffa bigwigs and goes all the way down to the fans who propagate every single interview and tweet Chael (and the people who followed his lead) produces.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios