MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Diego Sanchez (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106821-diego-sanchez.html)

Rauno 11-13-2012 04:40 PM

Diego Sanchez
 

Because a picture makes a thread look better

Did i miss sth or does anyone know what's up with him? It's been ages since he last fought and he's fighting once a year at this point. Last i heard he said he's going down to 155 again.

Shame that it takes so long for him to return. Still fairly young and can definitely hang with the top guys.

LL 11-13-2012 04:43 PM

Still in Nebraska hunting Vampires.

That was hilarious, what made it even better is Ellenberger believes in God too. But the last time I heard something on him was he wanted to go back to 155 where I personally think he is a top ten guy.

Would like to see him fight Jim Miller, that'd be a hell of a scrap.

Stapler 11-13-2012 06:04 PM

I'm hoping he books a fight soon. Diego is competitive at both weight classes. If only his fight against Ellenberger were 5 rounds.. Sigh.. Oh what could have been.

Still, I guess the lightweight division is better for him. I wish he would cut weight better though. He was an average sized welterweight the first time around, so he dropped down to lightweight where he should have been a big guy for the division, although he looked completely scrawny once getting there. He even stated in an interview that he was walking around at 166 at the time. All it seemed like he did was trim down a lot of his mass so he could make weight effortlessly which made the drop rather pointless in my opinion.

I think he needs to take pointers from other guys who have dropped weight classes, but managed to maintain most of their strength.

If Diego manages to drop back down to 155 a little better this time, I could see him causing a lot of problems for nearly everyone at 155. He'd be a big strong guy with a great chin, crazy heart, unlimited conditioning, relentless pace, and with well rounded skills. (Not the best striking, but he did beat Kampmann. Whether you agree with the decision or not, it's IN the record books. Sour grapes are sour grapes.) I'm hoping he climbs the rankings again because he's almost always an exciting fighter as well. He gives it his all and you have to respect that.

HitOrGetHit 11-13-2012 06:25 PM

I can't wait to see him fight again. He always brings it regardless of who is in front of him.

dlxrevolution 11-13-2012 06:39 PM

Diego Sanhez sounds like a good fighter, can't wait to see him in the UFC. :D

Rauno 11-13-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlxrevolution (Post 1646954)
Diego Sanhez sounds like a good fighter, can't wait to see him in the UFC. :D

:confused05::confused05: Don't know what your talking about..

Toxic 11-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick_V03 (Post 1646950)
I'm hoping he books a fight soon. Diego is competitive at both weight classes. If only his fight against Ellenberger were 5 rounds.. Sigh.. Oh what could have been.

Still, I guess the lightweight division is better for him. I wish he would cut weight better though. He was an average sized welterweight the first time around, so he dropped down to lightweight where he should have been a big guy for the division, although he looked completely scrawny once getting there. He even stated in an interview that he was walking around at 166 at the time. All it seemed like he did was trim down a lot of his mass so he could make weight effortlessly which made the drop rather pointless in my opinion.

I think he needs to take pointers from other guys who have dropped weight classes, but managed to maintain most of their strength.

If Diego manages to drop back down to 155 a little better this time, I could see him causing a lot of problems for nearly everyone at 155. He'd be a big strong guy with a great chin, crazy heart, unlimited conditioning, relentless pace, and with well rounded skills. (Not the best striking, but he did beat Kampmann. Whether you agree with the decision or not, it's IN the record books. Sour grapes are sour grapes.) I'm hoping he climbs the rankings again because he's almost always an exciting fighter as well. He gives it his all and you have to respect that.



Small LW? 166lbs?

EVERLOST 11-13-2012 10:18 PM

I hope Diego falls into a black hole. He was a douche when i met him years ago and appears to still be the same way. Plus his YES YES biblical butt pirate character is way past getting old.

mmaswe82 11-13-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EVERLOST (Post 1646998)
I hope Diego falls into a black hole. He was a douche when i met him years ago and appears to still be the same way. Plus his YES YES biblical butt pirate character is way past getting old.

I agree but I really think he's a little mentally challenged so I kind of excuse him a bit for his behaviour.

I do like to watch him fight as well.

CupCake 11-14-2012 02:47 AM

Diego very rarely has a boring fight, can't wait to see him back at what I always thought should be his natural weightclass.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2