MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   UFC 154: Carlos Condit Would Like to Fight Anderson Silva Next if He Wins (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106862-ufc-154-carlos-condit-would-like-fight-anderson-silva-next-if-he-wins.html)

kickstar 11-14-2012 08:17 PM

UFC 154: Carlos Condit Would Like to Fight Anderson Silva Next if He Wins
 

Joabbuac 11-14-2012 08:22 PM

I also want to fight Anderson Silva if i beat GSP.

LL 11-14-2012 08:24 PM

If I had to sum up Carlos Condit in one word, it would be warrior.

Anderson is an extremely tough match up for him, being a guy whose fought at Light Heavyweight but Carlos is willing to look that beast in the eye, Georges is fantastic too but Carlos is a fighter at heart and you can only commend him, he's not asking to pick on Ben Henderson, he wants to fight the guy above him.

You da man Carlos, win, lose, or draw.

jonnyg4508 11-14-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1647278)
If I had to sum up Carlos Condit in one word, it would be warrior.

Anderson is an extremely tough match up for him, being a guy whose fought at Light Heavyweight but Carlos is willing to look that beast in the eye, Georges is fantastic too but Carlos is a fighter at heart and you can only commend him, he's not asking to pick on Ben Henderson, he wants to fight the guy above him.

You da man Carlos, win, lose, or draw.

Why? Because he uses that word 4 times in every answer he gives out?

Like how him and Nick are warriors and it was going to be such a battle.

That fight would never happen even if he wins. He, you, and I know this.

RedRocket44 11-14-2012 09:02 PM

Dana already said that Condit would not fight Silva if he wins, however if GSP wins that could set up a fight with Silva.

Personally, the division has been stalled for a long time with GSP out, and not having a real champion. There's lots of new fights for GSP as well. The top-5 is completely different now with GSP back, and the only one he's fought before is Fitch.

jonnyg4508 11-14-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocket44 (Post 1647290)
Dana already said that Condit would not fight Silva if he wins, however if GSP wins that could set up a fight with Silva.

Personally, the division has been stalled for a long time with GSP out, and not having a real champion. There's lots of new fights for GSP as well. The top-5 is completely different now with GSP back, and the only one he's fought before is Fitch.

I don't think it is as stacked as everyone thinks.

I agree that Hendricks/Kampmann winner deserves a shot. But who else?

I wouldn't have a problem, as I thought he won his last fight. But Diaz will need at least 1 win...so he isn't eligable until summer/late summer.

Rory won't fight GSP.

Maia? I mean a fluke injury win over DHK and a win over Rick Story isn't nearly enough.

Ellenberger was just TKO'd.

Not sure why people think there are so many 170s who are close to a shot. There really isn't by my count. Kampmann/Hendricks winner is the only viable one right now.

RedRocket44 11-14-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 (Post 1647294)
I don't think it is as stacked as everyone thinks.

I agree that Hendricks/Kampmann winner deserves a shot. But who else?

I wouldn't have a problem, as I thought he won his last fight. But Diaz will need at least 1 win...so he isn't eligable until summer/late summer.

Rory won't fight GSP.

Maia? I mean a fluke injury win over DHK and a win over Rick Story isn't nearly enough.

Ellenberger was just TKO'd.

Not sure why people think there are so many 170s who are close to a shot. There really isn't by my count. Kampmann/Hendricks winner is the only viable one right now.

Kampmann, Hendricks, Marquardt, Diaz.

Then Ellenberger if he bounces back with a few wins.

If GSP wins, he would have the winner of Kampmann / Hendricks in early 2013 (March / April). Diaz can return in February, so that could set up a potential summer GSP/Diaz fight if GSP beats the winner of Kampmann / Hendricks.

I think there's a lot left for GSP at 170 still - I'm just not a fan of stalling the division for another 3-4 months to have a GSP/Silva fight.

LL 11-14-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 (Post 1647294)
I don't think it is as stacked as everyone thinks.

I agree that Hendricks/Kampmann winner deserves a shot. But who else?

I wouldn't have a problem, as I thought he won his last fight. But Diaz will need at least 1 win...so he isn't eligable until summer/late summer.

Rory won't fight GSP.

Maia? I mean a fluke injury win over DHK and a win over Rick Story isn't nearly enough.

Ellenberger was just TKO'd.

Not sure why people think there are so many 170s who are close to a shot. There really isn't by my count. Kampmann/Hendricks winner is the only viable one right now.

The welterweight title, not no interim title because those are basically glorified number one contender spots, will have one defense from April 2011 to April 2013 if GSP fights Anderson.

That's just kinda stupid for a belt to only be defended once in that amount of time. People can give Condit shit all they want, but do they really consider him to be the Champ? I don't....at least not yet.

jonnyg4508 11-14-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocket44 (Post 1647299)
Kampmann, Hendricks, Marquardt, Diaz.

Then Ellenberger if he bounces back with a few wins.

If GSP wins, he would have the winner of Kampmann / Hendricks in early 2013 (March / April). Diaz can return in February, so that could set up a potential summer GSP/Diaz fight if GSP beats the winner of Kampmann / Hendricks.

I think there's a lot left for GSP at 170 still - I'm just not a fan of stalling the division for another 3-4 months to have a GSP/Silva fight.

There has to be a loser of Kampmann/Hendricks. So no, both aren't going to be in line.

Like I said. Diaz needs a win. What if he fights Kos and loses?

Marquardt? He isn't even in the UFC and who knows if uncle Dana even will take him back.

So how is the division getting all held up when there is only 1 legit contender and that will be the winner of the co-main?

You are telling me people would be mad if Diaz didn't get a shot immediately after he wins a fight?

I'm not saying there isn't any guys that can potentially fight for the title. I am saying as of now there isn't some line. No one is getting held up here. At least in my opinion...and I'm a big Diaz fan. All the divisions have been held up. HW, LHW, FW, BW. All of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion (Post 1647300)
The welterweight title, not no interim title because those are basically glorified number one contender spots, will have one defense from April 2011 to April 2013 if GSP fights Anderson.

That's just kinda stupid for a belt to only be defended once in that amount of time. People can give Condit shit all they want, but do they really consider him to be the Champ? I don't....at least not yet.

I don't consider him the champ either. He isn't. But obviously the UFC doesn't care. Condit very easily could have gotten a fight in before this one. But he sat tight.

All I know is there isn't some long line of guys who are waiting. Kampmann/Hendricks winner is the only fighter with a legit beef if Anderson fights GSP next. And who cares? Either of those guys fighting GSP isn't on my wish list. The top guys like Kos and Fitch have got shots. Rory won't fight him. Marquardt isn't even in the UFC. Diaz needs 1 fight and even then shouldn't be mad over waiting. Maia isn' ready needs at least 2 wins.

I understand it has been a while. But if there really isn't some line of contenders then what is the problem with doing a superfight? Other than the co-main winner...guys have 1, 2, 3 fights to go before they deserve it anyway. At least in my opinion I don't see the problem here.

Champs routinely do the TUF show and bottle up divisions each year anyway. I could go through my whole LHW beef, but I won't.

xxpillowxxjp 11-14-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRocket44 (Post 1647299)
Kampmann, Hendricks, Marquardt, Diaz.

Then Ellenberger if he bounces back with a few wins.

If GSP wins, he would have the winner of Kampmann / Hendricks in early 2013 (March / April). Diaz can return in February, so that could set up a potential summer GSP/Diaz fight if GSP beats the winner of Kampmann / Hendricks.

I think there's a lot left for GSP at 170 still - I'm just not a fan of stalling the division for another 3-4 months to have a GSP/Silva fight.

Diaz is going to have to get a win before he fights gsp though. And if hes forced to fight a good wrestler, he's going to get screwed.


Kosh vs Diaz sounds really fun though...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2