MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/forumindex.php)
- UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
- - Slow morning, let's play this game. SF vs UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/106883-slow-morning-lets-play-game-sf-vs-ufc.html)
Slow morning, let's play this game. SF vs UFC
Slow morning, we are getting closer and closer to making these kind of matchups a reality. But for now it's just fantasy. Who you got in these matchups?
Gilbert Melendez vs Anthony Pettis
Nate Marquardt vs Josh Koscheck
Feijao Cavalcante vs Shogun Rua
Luke Rockhold vs Michael Bisping
Daniel Cormier vs Frank Mir
Cormier, Bisping, Shogun, Marquardt, Pettis.
Chris Leben vs Robbie Lawler
Jorge Masvidal vs George Sotiropoulos
Josh Thompson vs Jim Miller
KJ Noons vs Takanori Gomi
1.I would like to say Pettis, but I can't. If Guida can take him down and hold him there, Melendez can do it too. Melendez by UD.
2.Nate is just too big and hits too hard. Nate by KO.
3. 2 very good strikers, who would most likely stand there and bang it out. Shogun can take it, Feijao not so much. Shogun by TKO.
4. Now this is an interesting fight. I would say that Bisping would outpoint him standing, maybe even TKO him late in the fight. I just don't see Rockhold keeping Bisping on the ground, if Chael couldn't. Bisping by UD or TKO.
5.Mir has no chin and I doubt he can take down an Olympic caliber wrestler. Cormier by a vicious one punch KO, and Mir retires after the fight.
6. Leben by KO, Lawler hasn't been himself for quite a while. Or maybe he just never was that good?
7. Masvidal by KO, Soti is just terrible.
8. Close fight, but I would take Thompson based on his latest showing against Melendez.
9. KJ Noons by UD, Gomi is just too old.
2. I agree again, he is too powerful and too good of a striker for Kos to handle.
3. I agree again. It would be entertaining but it would probably come down to Shogun being able to handle the punches better.
4. Again, I agree it's an interesting fight. I think Rockhold is one of the few people that could actually out pace Bisping. Even though Bisping has an underrated ground game I still give the nod to Luke. But Bisping might be able to stay on his feet and pepper him with strikes, very possible.
5.Again, I agree with all of that.
7. I think it would be competitive, but I lean Jorge as well.
8. This one is tough. I want to say Thompson would pull it off but I'm actually leaning toward Miller in this matchup. But I'd really like to see it play out.
9. I think it would be a fun fight while it last. I just think eventually KJ lands too many shots and Gomi won't be able to recover. But still, just sounds like a fun matchup IMO.
Of your matchups I have Melendez (very good fight though), Marquardt, Bisping, Shogun, Cormier.
Melendez vs. Maynard : I have Maynard
Marquardt vs. Nick Diaz: I have Diaz
Feijao vs. Te Huna : I have Feijao
Rockhold vs. Belcher : I have a close fight going to Rockhold
Cormier vs. Cain (yea not happening) : I have Cormier
Jacare vs. Lombard : I have Jacare
Safferdine vs. Dunham : I have Dunham (that would be a good fight though)
Mousasi vs. Gustaf : Mousasi perhaps wins. Never know with that guy though.
Barnett vs. Mir : I have Barnett.
For your matchups.
I think Maynard would be a tough matchup for Gil, so I agree with you, Maynard wins that matchup.
Even though Nate might have more diverse strikes and more power I still like Nick's boxing if the fight stayed standing. On the ground I think Nick is too technical. I got Nick all the way.
Te Huna is underrated but I don't think he is ready for Feijao just yet. I got Feijao in that one as well.
Cormier vs Cain is very interesting. I think Cormier is the better wrestler with better take downs and has more power in his hands. But Cain is faster and the better overall striker. But I don't think he can hurt Dan so I think Cormier comes away with it.
Mousasi vs Gus would be an amazing matchup. I actually think Mousasi takes it because he is more experienced. But I'd love to see it.
Mir vs Barnett is something I have been wanting to see for awhile. Just seems like a logical match to make. I think Josh has the chin and sub defense to get it done. I think he would take it.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 , Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.