||11-19-2012 01:42 AM
UFC 154 results: 20 post-event facts about 'St. Pierre vs Condit'
UFC 154: "St. Pierre vs. Condit" took place Saturday night (Nov. 17, 2012) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, with Georges St. Pierre defeating Carlons Condit by unanimous decision in the main event, while Johny Hendricks picked up a knockout win over Martin Kampmann in the co-main event. Those are facts. And we have more.
There were plenty of facts to come out of UFC 154 -- some are notable, others irrelevant and a few will expand your knowledge.
For instance, we know that Georges St. Pierre and Carlos Condit collided in the main event from the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. We know that St Pierre won a unanimous decision to reclaim the undisputed Welterweight title. We also know that "Rush" was in serious trouble midway through the 170-pound title fight because of a shin-to-temple head kick.
That's not all we know, though.
Check out all 20 of MMAmania's post-fight facts about UFC 154: "St. Pierre vs. Condit" below.
1. Sam Stout holds the UFC lightweight record for most significant strikes landed (792).
2. Cyrille Diabate earned his first submission win inside the Octagon.
3. Georges St. Pierre was knocked down for just the second time in his 19-fight UFC career.
4. Johny Hendricks has won three fights in a row against Top 10 opponents.
5. St. Pierre tied Matt Hughes' record for the most title defenses in UFC welterweight history (seven).
6. Stout just tied Jon Fitch as having been involved in the most decisions in UFC history (12).
7. Canadian fighters went 5-3 on the Montreal card.
8. Patrick Cote vs. Alessio Sakara was the first UFC fight to end in a disqualification since Erick Silva vs. Carlo Prater at UFC 142 in Jan. 2012.
9. All three of Chad Griggs' professional losses are by way of submission.
10. Mark Hominick has lost four consecutive UFC fights.
11. Patrick Cote earned his first UFC victory since July 5, 2008.
12. Johny Hendricks has won "Knockout of the Night" in three of his past five UFC bouts.
13. Darren Elkins is undefeated (4-0) in the UFC featherweight division and 5-1 overall under the UFC banner.
14. Martin Kampmann was knocked out for the first time in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career.
15. UFC 154 drew an attendance of 17,249 for a live gate of $3,143,000.
16. Carlos Condit has won post-fight bonuses in four of his last five UFC fights.
17. In the 11 events the UFC has held in Canada, Canadian fighters are at 33-32 when facing opponents from other countries.
18. St. Pierre, Condit, Hendricks and Ivan Menjivar were each awarded $70,000 post-fight bonuses.
19. Total fight time of the 12-bout card was two hours and 17 minutes.
20. St. Pierre has fought 125 consecutive minutes without stopping an opponent.
Number 3 really surprised me, didn't know that one.
||11-19-2012 02:04 AM
11,14, and 20...haha. Very interesting facts.
||11-19-2012 10:02 AM
I was thinking the same thing... but he never really allows anyone to get close to him; and once they do, he power double legs them into next tuesday.
||11-19-2012 01:19 PM
20 is interesting.
some fighters, such as Condit, have more fights on their record, but GSP probably has the most octogon time/experience overall.
||11-19-2012 01:42 PM
"Hands of Stone" Stout is the new Fitch
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2