Why don't Gsp fans moan about anything else?. - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,287
                     
I'm not moaning about it.

If they fight, it's great I'm happy! if not, eey I'll survive.

I really wanna see Anderson - Bones though.


Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Cerrone, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Lawler

hellholming is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM
LL
Cruz Control
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ocean Front Property in Arizona.
Posts: 9,159
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludinator View Post
Why is it king Gsp? Why does everyone have to go up or go down to meet him, why can't he test himself?.
Did you not see his last fight? Condit tested him. Why doesn't Jones go up in weight? Why doesn't Ben Henderson do it? Why don't Aldo and Cruz do it?

Not everyone wants to mess with their weight and go up and go down, GSP isn't some slave he's a human being with free will he's signed to fight in the 170 lb division, that is where he is Champion and that is where he defends his belt.

There's plenty of good fights for all the Champions in their own divisions, GSP vs. Hendricks/Marquardt/Diaz are all excellent fights with some interesting factors at play.

2013 VIP FFL Champion
THE DRAGON RIDES AGAIN - 12/20/14
Machida - Alves - Cruz - JDS - Weidman - Condit - Pettis - Edgar - Cowboy - Dodson - Okami
LL is offline  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,459
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludinator View Post
But there is always gonna be someone next!!.
Then there you go. Why should he move up to fight Silva. What better way to cement your legacy than to beat every WW challenger they give you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
Deep down, I'm pretty sure everyone believes GSP will lose to Silva in a catchweight bout. Since so many GSP fans are so abhorrent to that fight...

Bring on Silva vs Jones!!
Bingo!
Killz is offline  
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Ludinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 729
                     
Do you really believe silva won't fight Jones?.

Diaz..Edgar.. Cormier.. Cain.. Mir.. Overeem.. Jon Jones
Ludinator is offline  
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,562
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
There's a reason SIlva wont fight Jones... The same reason GSP wont fight Silva.
This is one thing that really makes me wonder. How do people say this?

Do people NOT know by now that Jones doesn't want to fight Anderson and has said as much? So why is it like Anderson is ducking Jones? When they both said they didn't want that fight.

Jon Jones " I don't want to be the guy who beats Anderson, and I don't want Anderson to be the one who beats me"

So how in the world can you say this? Since then both said they may be open for it down the line. Anderson said he wanted GSP then Bones just the other day.

Is Bones sitting there asking Anderson to fight at a catch...and is Anderson saying "no come to 185 if you want fight"?????? NO.

Why can't Anderson fight GSP, then Weidman, then Bones, then retire? Bones is a retirement fight because there is nothing more to do after that win or lose.

When people say this type of stuff I really wonder if they lack common sense. The 2 situtaions are not close tothe same. Jones has said as much as ANderson he doesn't want that fight.

jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,562
                     
And how the F is Anderson supposed to try to fight Bones right now when he is fighting the #2 middleweight in the world in April. And is doing a dumb reality show now?

Tell me Killz. How do you want him to go about doing that fight anywhere in the next half a year?
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,459
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
And how the F is Anderson supposed to try to fight Bones right now when he is fighting the #2 middleweight in the world in April. And is doing a dumb reality show now?

Tell me Killz. How do you want him to go about doing that fight anywhere in the next half a year?
What the hell are you talking about?! You are the one putting time frames on things, not me.

Anderson has openly said he has no interest in fighting jon jones and to the best of my knowledge, hasn't signed to fight anybody let alone your supposed #2 middleweight in the world.


:P.S - you've been here long enough to know about the 'edit post' function so please use it.
Killz is offline  
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,562
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
What the hell are you talking about?! You are the one putting time frames on things, not me.

Anderson has openly said he has no interest in fighting jon jones and to the best of my knowledge, hasn't signed to fight anybody let alone your supposed #2 middleweight in the world.


:P.S - you've been here long enough to know about the 'edit post' function so please use it.
Not sure what you are talking about.

Did you miss the times Anderson has said he would be open to that Jones fight down the line? Did you miss where he addressed the media in Canada Saturday and said he wants GSP then Bones? Did you just miss all of that?

Did miss the fact that Bones and Sonnen are doing TUF and are in fact scheduled to fight all the way in April?

Time frames? I bring up time frames because people like you act like if ANderson isn't going to fight Bones right now...then he never will. Why do you think that?

Anderson was looking for the GSP fight now. Because if he goes up to fight Bones he isn't coming back down. And like I said...Bones is a retirement fight...there would be nothing else to do after that.

Not sure what your post even means.

Jon Jones and Anderson both said they didn't want that fight. Since then they both opened up and said it could happen at some point. Jones is not sitting there calling Anderson out. So how is Anderson not fighting Jones? Jones is busy fighting Vitor and Chael.

That is the point. You can't say Anderson isn't fighting Bones. Bones isn't fighting him. The 2 situations aren't that comparable.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 188
                     
i'm a GSP fan, and I'm not moaning about anything. Silva and GSP should split the weight class difference and fight catchweight if they fight. But if they don't, I don't really care either. I'll still watch Rush dominate his own weight class for the forseeable future. I'm also not convinced Silva is guaranteed the win either. Sonnen showed that Silva can be beat if you keep him on his back. GSP is a master at this, plus he doesn't dive headfirst into any triangle that offers itself. Think it'd be a great fight with either guy having a solid chance if they can implement thier gameplan. being the top 2 fighters out there, be interesting to see who manages that better.

“A black belt only covers two inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest.” - Royce Gracie
Freakshow is offline  
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 12:03 PM
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS
 
OHKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,501
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Not sure what you are talking about.

Did you miss the times Anderson has said he would be open to that Jones fight down the line? Did you miss where he addressed the media in Canada Saturday and said he wants GSP then Bones? Did you just miss all of that?

Did miss the fact that Bones and Sonnen are doing TUF and are in fact scheduled to fight all the way in April?

Time frames? I bring up time frames because people like you act like if ANderson isn't going to fight Bones right now...then he never will. Why do you think that?

Anderson was looking for the GSP fight now. Because if he goes up to fight Bones he isn't coming back down. And like I said...Bones is a retirement fight...there would be nothing else to do after that.

Not sure what your post even means.

Jon Jones and Anderson both said they didn't want that fight. Since then they both opened up and said it could happen at some point. Jones is not sitting there calling Anderson out. So how is Anderson not fighting Jones? Jones is busy fighting Vitor and Chael.

That is the point. You can't say Anderson isn't fighting Bones. Bones isn't fighting him. The 2 situations aren't that comparable.

Let it go man. I think it is pretty clear GSP and his fans don't want to see the bout. No need for GSP to explicitly say he does not want to fight Silva. That would lower his stock and lose him a bunch of fans. I guess we fans already know who would win the fight if it indeed took place.

Since Silva and Jones seem more open to the idea of a fight recently, lets ask for that matchup instead. Much more competitive, and I'm sure no one will be complaining. Can't wait.

Anderson Silva
Aldo - Dos Anjos - Mayday - Weidman - Machida - Jones
OHKO is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome