Gsp Camp want silva, but at 170. - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,709
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
That makes no sense what so ever.

So you suggest anderson and gsp both weigh 170 but no 170 belt on the line. Then you suggest if gsp loses he just gives it up? Then why in the world wouldnt it just be for the belt anyway?

That makes zero sense.
-because GSP wants the fight only at 170
-because Anderson can't be going up and down defending belts
-because GSP can't keep the belt if he loses
-because it's the only way the fight will ever happen

use your brain and stop being a dick, seriously, your need to be right is making you arrogant and annoying
rabakill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,579
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
-because GSP wants the fight only at 170
-because Anderson can't be going up and down defending belts
-because GSP can't keep the belt if he loses
-because it's the only way the fight will ever happen

use your brain and stop being a dick, seriously, your need to be right is making you arrogant and annoying
Im not being a dick. I just think it makes no sense to come down to 170 vs te 170 lb champ and it not be for the title. If you are going to make him come all the way to your weight. It better be for your title.

If its not on the line then why would gsp vacate it?

It isnt the need to be right. Its the need for logic. And you have none.

Have the fight at 171 if you dont want to defend the belt. Gsp would be first in mma to have a guy vome to his weight and not have the belt on the line.

Andersons whole idea of not fighting at 185 or 170 is that no ones belt would be ip for grabs. That is his whole reasoning.

Use logic. If gsp wants anderson to bother changing his body and coming down to 170 his belt better be on the line. If he wants him to come down to true ww then obviously he is putting his belt up.

I doubt dana would do the fight at 170 and let gsp hold on to his belt. Oh wait a min. If he loses a non-title fight he drops it for some reason. If he wins a non-title fight he keeps it. Yea that isnt happening you may be the only one here that thinks it would.
jonnyg4508 is offline  
post #73 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Flyweight
 
trimco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 335
                     
This fight is never going to happen.

GSP vs. Bones at a catchweight, please.
trimco is offline  
post #74 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Flyweight
 
NotDylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US
Posts: 324
                     
Silva should just take the fight at 170 and not give a shit about the weight cut. I mean, make an honest attempt to get to 170, but do it without weakening himself. Who cares if he comes in 5 lbs over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Anderson needs to come down to 170, I don't want to see a small great fighter get beat by a larger less great fighter. 170 or nothing!!
Are you serious?
NotDylan is offline  
post #75 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 PM
Flyweight
 
BlueLander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 355
                     
A size comparison

BlueLander is offline  
post #76 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Anderson should just do it.

He already said he would anyway.

He would just need to lose some muscle.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #77 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,709
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Im not being a dick. I just think it makes no sense to come down to 170 vs te 170 lb champ and it not be for the title. If you are going to make him come all the way to your weight. It better be for your title.

If its not on the line then why would gsp vacate it?

It isnt the need to be right. Its the need for logic. And you have none.

Have the fight at 171 if you dont want to defend the belt. Gsp would be first in mma to have a guy vome to his weight and not have the belt on the line.

Andersons whole idea of not fighting at 185 or 170 is that no ones belt would be ip for grabs. That is his whole reasoning.

Use logic. If gsp wants anderson to bother changing his body and coming down to 170 his belt better be on the line. If he wants him to come down to true ww then obviously he is putting his belt up.

I doubt dana would do the fight at 170 and let gsp hold on to his belt. Oh wait a min. If he loses a non-title fight he drops it for some reason. If he wins a non-title fight he keeps it. Yea that isnt happening you may be the only one here that thinks it would.
what you don't understand is the difference between reality and idealism, pretty simple.
rabakill is offline  
post #78 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
Fight should be at 175, that way no belt is on the line but there is no way GSP should move up to MW to make this fight happen. Somehow both parties need to come to an agreement on weight, none should be going up or down to their opponents respective weight class.
Spec0688 is offline  
post #79 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Bantamweight
 
footodors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 738
                     
catchweight. payday of $20 mil plus. only a fool would pass this up esp. with little repercussion for the loser unless one gets slaughtered.

I am the foremost authority on my opinion.

Florian Martial Arts Center
Background Checks

"I used to drink a lot. I still do, but I used to, too."
footodors is offline  
post #80 of 82 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:14 AM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Anderson needs to come down to 170, I don't want to see a small great fighter get beat by a larger less great fighter. 170 or nothing!!







El Bresko is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome