Rashad is confident GSP defeats Anderson Silva. - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 11-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,000
americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Which is why i said that on Paper GSP certainly can pull it off. But when i take their fights and put a side by side comparison i just see more of a Chael-Anderson 2 scenario rather then GSP finishing what Chael couldnt in Chael-Anderson 1.
I dont see GSP doing something as stupid as throwing an off balance spinning back fist. I am still convinced chael could have pulled it off had he not done that an silva not grabbed his shorts. GSP has the wrestling necessary and the sub offense and defense and is probably smarter when it comes to fighting. However the one thing i worry about is size and how much that will come in to play. He may not be able to control silva because of his size like he dose the WW fighters.
__________________
"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #52 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
I dont see GSP doing something as stupid as throwing an off balance spinning back fist. I am still convinced chael could have pulled it off had he not done that an silva not grabbed his shorts. GSP has the wrestling necessary and the sub offense and defense and is probably smarter when it comes to fighting. However the one thing i worry about is size and how much that will come in to play. He may not be able to control silva because of his size like he dose the WW fighters.
I dont see that either. Every fight is different. But i do see Anderson catching GSP. And if they were the same size id put my money on GSP. Im one of the people who believes Anderson is a big MW.

I think GSP is going to do great up until the point where he does not do so great....
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 AM   #53 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 33
FBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura aboutFBrown has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I've held this opinion for along time. I still do. I think GSP wipes the floor with Silva... regardless of the size difference.

It's not a matter of fighter preference. It's a style matchup. GSP has the wrestling, sub defense, and cardio to win the fight.
You're right but you're only talking about what GSP and not what Anderson Silva has. He DOES have the ability to stop a takedown, he has good reflexes/counter striking, and he can beat anyone at anytime. Either way, I see GSP fighting Hendricks. I don't see him wanting any part of Anderson Silva but if he does, all credits on Silva.
FBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
hadoq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,001
hadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level nowhadoq is on another level now
I think Silva has much more of a chance to catch GSP shooting in, than he has to stop an engaged takedown.

you can see it in the condit match, GSP's takedown are almost like he starts them *before* his opponent even moves, and he knows what the opponent is going for.

which is why that I feel Anderson would be more likely to catch him with a strike, coming in. By trying to do precise feints that only a top striker like him can pull off. But if GSP plan for shooting is accurate at any given moment and if GSP doesn't fall for the feints and accurately predicts Silva's next strike, it's going down to the mat for sure, once there I don't see Silva doing much.

If he was so good at his jitz, the 1st sonnen fight would not have lasted 5 rounds.
hadoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
So Sonnen is a top wrestler for you, but not the best, because only the best woudn't be tossed by Demian or struggle against Bisping, right? Only the best, not Sonnen because he is top, but not the best... See? I am working on my reading comprehension and your text is quite a material for that matter.


You called me a prick and now you called me a moron. It's 2-0 on the score card, my friend.

PS: The Mister Maia thing came from an interview of Sonnen. Sonnen himself said exactly that to the reporter when he mentioned Demian's name.
Yes, that's exactly my point, which I quite clearly explained easily enough in my other posts. You were just trying to be a smart ass and pick out an argument for no reason.

Ask yourself, would Michael Bisping be able to hold Jon Jones up against the fence for a good portion of three rounds? Would GSP allow it? Would either of those men (the very best) allow Damian Maia to lateral drop them onto their ass with relative ease? No, that wouldn't ever happen. Why? Because they are the very best, and Sonnen isn't. Which the statistics also support (which you also casually chose to ignore).

Stop acting like a condescending prick and I'll stop calling you one.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 11-22-2012 at 09:15 AM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #56 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
TheNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,591
TheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level nowTheNinja is on another level now
I think it would be a great fight Between Anderson and GSP personally... I'd be rooting for Andy... But GSP is a Beast.

BTW...Someone should tell Rashad, Anderson Silva has about the same career TDD defense accuracy as he does. And would if not for always fighting roided out fighters...


I think Silva has set some record for fighting UFC guys on Drugs or TRT...

Last edited by TheNinja : 11-22-2012 at 06:16 PM.
TheNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:26 PM   #57 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,694
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Sonnen is a different type of wrestling then GSP. GSP uses his striking to set up his quick singles. Chael Sonnen just shoots power doubles all day and even if you stop 1 or 2 he will take you down with the third. Power Doubles are actually pretty easy to stop when you know they are coming so the fact that he gets as many people down as he does is nothing short of amazing.
__________________
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #58 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
MMA-Sportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: "Runway Ahead" "Landing"
Posts: 3,280
MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Yes, that's exactly my point, which I quite clearly explained easily enough in my other posts. You were just trying to be a smart ass and pick out an argument for no reason.
Man, we all(me included, just to make it clear) need to review our attitudes from time to time. You are hyper touchy for some reason. You should get your sh!t together asap.
You are the one blabbering and being aggressive all the time. Where did you get the idea I disagree about most things you said, man?
I stated my disagreement about the Demian trip example and you made all this circus by yourself just like in the other thread. One line and you go bersek.

I could not precisely rank Sonnen as a MMA wrestler. I know he is very, very good and for some ppl one of the best or the very one. Opinions may vary, but look what you say about ppl who think different:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Any one who believed Chael was ever the better MMA wrestler was out of their god damn minds.
That wasn't for me. That was for any one. You are always forcing your opinion, what is just an opinion, but you make it like is fail proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
The best wrestler in MMA would not get rag dolled to the floor by Damian Maia.
Don't be dramatic, that rag dolling thing never existed. There was top technical beautiful trip and a great sub by a great master. Damian rag dolled Rick Story, though, another great wrestler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Can you picture GSP being thrown to the ground by Damian Maia like that?
Could you picture GSP knocked out by Serra? Big Nog submitted by Mir? Mirko Crocop knocked out with a high kick...by Gonzaga?
Yes, I can picture Maia tripping any one because he is that good. That's why that example you gave, in particular, was lame. I didn't say nothing about the rest in that occasion.
Moderate your language and show some respect when in disagreement, please.
__________________
I will support your good point regardless of our differences.

Winners and Losers

Story of My Life
MMA-Sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Man, we all(me included, just to make it clear) need to review our attitudes from time to time. You are hyper touchy for some reason. You should get your sh!t together asap.
You are the one blabbering and being aggressive all the time. Where did you get the idea I disagree about most things you said, man?
I stated my disagreement about the Demian trip example and you made all this circus by yourself just like in the other thread. One line and you go bersek.

I could not precisely rank Sonnen as a MMA wrestler. I know he is very, very good and for some ppl one of the best or the very one. Opinions may vary, but look what you say about ppl who think different:

That wasn't for me. That was for any one. You are always forcing your opinion, what is just an opinion, but you make it like is fail proof.


Don't be dramatic, that rag dolling thing never existed. There was top technical beautiful trip and a great sub by a great master. Damian rag dolled Rick Story, though, another great wrestler.


Could you picture GSP knocked out by Serra? Big Nog submitted by Mir? Mirko Crocop knocked out with a high kick...by Gonzaga?
Yes, I can picture Maia tripping any one because he is that good. That's why that example you gave, in particular, was lame. I didn't say nothing about the rest in that occasion.
Moderate your language and show some respect when in disagreement, please.
Your passive aggression is really a thing of beauty. It's great the way you are trying to spin this around on me.

You respond to a multi-paragraph post I made earlier in this thread with one line:

"lame example man".

You didn't "state your disagreement about the trip". Well, you did, but you did it in such a smarmy manner that it made it virtually impossible for me not to respond to in an abrasive manner. You stated that you disagreed (like an ass), yet you didn't state why you disagreed. And like I said, if you're not going to at least back up your opinion with some thought out points, don't bother posting at all.

Your post here served no purpose other than to bait me into an attack or argument, congratulations, mission accomplished. You knew exactly what you were doing.

Then you try and come at me with your condescending, patronizing, up your own ass attitude.

As for me forcing my opinion, I think it's probably universally agreed that Chael Sonnen is not THE best MMA wrestler in this sport. I'd be shocked if any one on this forum actually believes that Chael Sonnen is the best wrestler in the game today. One of the best? Yes, the very best? No. Statistics and examples simply don't support this opinion, and despite popular belief, opinions can actually be, very, very wrong.

Chael Sonnen got lateral dropped and flipped straight onto his head, I'd call that a bit of a rag dolling. The move was very Jon Jones esque. I also certainly wouldn't class Rick Story a great wrestler. He's decent, yes, great? I wouldn't say so.

If you want to debate civilly, then drop the high and mighty attitude, and stop responding to my posts with one sentence replies baiting me into an argument.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 11-22-2012 at 09:41 PM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #60 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,935
rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
problem is GSP will get hit in the fight and it only takes one for Anderson. There's no way GSP can take him down for 5 straight rounds, keep him there and never git hit. If the fight happens GSP probably gets tko'ed in the second or third once Anderson gets pissed.

In my mind Anderson is underrated because he likes to let fights go longer than they need to just for the fans, if he wanted to he could have come out and demolished every opponent he's ever faced in the UFC (besides Chael 1 when he was hurt). GSP is good, but Anderson is legendary, he lets people impose their gameplans on him just to prove to them they have literally 0% chance. He lets people hit him in the face so it's a fight and not a one sided beatdown. GSP is a skilled athlete, but from a raw fighting perspective nobody can do what Anderson can, nobody lets their opponents hit them for fun. I've seen fights where Anderson walks directly through punches as if they are pillows. I've never seen him show visible damage, even after Chael pounded on him for 20 minutes he looked unscathed. GSP just has nothing for him, if he had a Hendricks bomb or Maia level submissions he'd maybe win but he doesn't. Anderson will just wriggle around and get off the ground when he decides, maybe the 4th just because he wants to give the fans their moneys worth. People giving GSP a chance underestimate Anderson, he is the best there's ever been by a large margin. When he decides to fight back his ground defense is unbeatable to a gnp wrestler, he just extends his arms and legs staight and rolls around until the guy on top can't hold him any more. At the end of the first round in chael vs. silva 2 he was screwing around going "you can't hit me, look, you can't do anything"

Last edited by rabakill : 11-23-2012 at 12:31 AM.
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios