UFC 154 estimates 700K ppv buys - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Lightweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,502
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalKO View Post
...I think Dana cared more about GSP's successful return and to defend the title in a serious battle with Condit. Zuffa & co. are well aware of the sick numbers Silva vs. GSP will rake in when they meet. The superfight will surpass all previous records having the #1 & #2 P4P fighters on the planet face off...
They probably won't ever meet. And it would not surpass all previous records. UFC 100 was a special event/time and nothing will break it.

With Lesnar gone, the biggest draw in the UFC are super fights. But individually it's GSP.

The Best Around is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,123
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
It's clearly third.

Jones-Evans did 750
You got a source for that or you just like making up numbers and being contrarian? This and every other source i could find says 700k

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/26/29...te-atlanta-mma

So that would make gsp tied for 2nd place like i said, if not better due to the actual figures exceeding preliminary estimates.
Liddellianenko is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,900
                     
These are pretty solid numbers considering:

DANA WHITE ON UFC 154'S PERFORMANCE: 'THE KING OF PAY-PER-VIEW IS BACK'

While carefully sidestepping a hard number, Dana White called UFC 154's pay-per-view performance "awesome."

The UFC president credited welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre, today telling MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) "the king of pay-per-view is back let's put it that way."

St-Pierre (23-2 MMA, 17-2 UFC) returned to the cage after a 19-month layoff to defeat interim champ Carlos Condit and defend his belt a seventh time at the Nov. 17 event, which took place at Bell Centre in Montreal.

The welterweight champ's return was eagerly anticipated by White, who said the Canadian is the promotion's top pay-per-view draw.

Following his win, St-Pierre skirted a commitment to a superfight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva, stating he wanted to take a vacation and confer with his coaches before making a decision.

White had no news on St-Pierre's decision when asked today for an update on the potential fight.

The welterweight champ, who previously presided over the gate-busting UFC 129, called Condit his toughest title challenger to date.

Although not independently verifiable, reported numbers from St-Pierre's earlier fights justified his status as pay-per-view king. His past six have drawn in excess of 700,000 buys.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/2012/11/da...r-view-is-back

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Lightweight
 
The Best Around's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,502
                     
Lol "the pay-per-view king". Dana is missing Lesnar's buy rates so much, it's not even funny.

From information we know, this year it's 1. Silva/Sonnen 2. Jones/Evans 3. GSP/Condit. As much as I dislike Rashad, he's actually a relatively big draw. And LHW usually draws pretty well in general since it seems to always have the biggest names. Superfights draw the most now. Individually, it's GSP though.

The Best Around is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
SOOTHE YOUR SAVAGE BREASTS
 
OHKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,501
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
Lol "the pay-per-view king". Dana is missing Lesnar's buy rates so much, it's not even funny.

From information we know, this year it's 1. Silva/Sonnen 2. Jones/Evans 3. GSP/Condit. As much as I dislike Rashad, he's actually a relatively big draw. And LHW usually draws pretty well in general since it seems to always have the biggest names. Superfights draw the most now. Individually, it's GSP though.
Yep Rashad is a pretty big draw. I think at the UFC 152 post fight conference, Dana said the five biggest draws in the UFC are Silva, GSP, Jones, Sonnen and Rashad.

Anderson Silva
Aldo - Dos Anjos - Mayday - Weidman - Machida - Jones
OHKO is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Bantamweight
 
guycanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
It's clearly third.

Jones-Evans did 750
Ufc 145 did 700,000 buys, and thats largely because of Rashad Evans....

Jon Jones isn't a big PPV draw, he stats show it..

Ufc 152 vs Vitor Belfort - 450k (125 Title, Bisping vs Stann)

*Ufc 145 vs Rashad Evans - 700k (McDonald vs Mills)
-Rashad is the draw and the rivalry

Ufc 140 vs Lyoto Machida - 485k (Mir vs Nog, Ortiz vs Lil Nog, )3

*Ufc 135 vs Rampage - 520k (Hughes vs Koscheck)
-Once again a bitter rivalry and Rampage was still popular

Ufc 128 vs Rua - 490k (Faber vs Wineland)

Rashad has eclipsed 1 million twice, Ufc 92 (Griffin) and Ufc 114 (Rampage), Ufc 98 (Machida) had 635k PPV buys..


"Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer reports that the event, which was headlined by the grudge match between Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones and his former training partner Rashad Evans, pulled in a very impressive 700,000 PPV buys, up 200,000 from his headliner at UFC 140 opposite Lyoto Machida, solidifying Jones as the UFC's newest top draw."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/26/29...te-atlanta-mma

Ufc Events Attended:

Ufc Fight Night: Davis Vs Nogueira, Ufc 131, Ufc 143, Ufc 148, Ufc on Fox 5, Ufc 156, Ufc on Fox 8
-----

Chael Sonnen - "I was in public office, and I left public office the only way a person should..In Handcuffs"
guycanada is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by guycanada View Post
Ufc 145 did 700,000 buys, and thats largely because of Rashad Evans....

Jon Jones isn't a big PPV draw, he stats show it..

Ufc 152 vs Vitor Belfort - 450k (125 Title, Bisping vs Stann)

*Ufc 145 vs Rashad Evans - 700k (McDonald vs Mills)
-Rashad is the draw and the rivalry

Ufc 140 vs Lyoto Machida - 485k (Mir vs Nog, Ortiz vs Lil Nog, )3

*Ufc 135 vs Rampage - 520k (Hughes vs Koscheck)
-Once again a bitter rivalry and Rampage was still popular

Ufc 128 vs Rua - 490k (Faber vs Wineland)

Rashad has eclipsed 1 million twice, Ufc 92 (Griffin) and Ufc 114 (Rampage), Ufc 98 (Machida) had 635k PPV buys..


"Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer reports that the event, which was headlined by the grudge match between Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones and his former training partner Rashad Evans, pulled in a very impressive 700,000 PPV buys, up 200,000 from his headliner at UFC 140 opposite Lyoto Machida, solidifying Jones as the UFC's newest top draw."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/26/29...te-atlanta-mma
Yeah i actually believe Rashad is a bigger draw than JBJ at this moment, maybe after TUF that will change but up until this point Rashad has always pulled bigger numbers than JBJ, Rashad actually made JBJ

and sonnen being a top draw is a myth, Anderson has always been a much bigger draw than sonnen individually, and their fight was pretty much the closest we could get to a superfight and thats why it sold so well, because of both of them

IMO the biggest draws individually are

#1 - GSP
#2 - Rashad
#3 - Anderson
#4 - JBJ
#5 - im not even sure about #5...bisping? mir? penn? (though penn is another overrated myth about being pulling big ppv buys)
ACTAFOOL is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:01 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
GSP was out for what, 19 months? Not sure if it had a positive or negative effect. Could go either way. Condit just disappeared after his lackluster fight with Diaz which cost him fans. The prices are high, more PPV's.. the numbers are pefect imo. Silva-Sonnen II was obviously going to top the charts and Jones-Evans had a huge build to it.

Rauno is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
GSP was out for what, 19 months? Not sure if it had a positive or negative effect. Could go either way. Condit just disappeared after his lackluster fight with Diaz which cost him fans. The prices are high, more PPV's.. the numbers are pefect imo. Silva-Sonnen II was obviously going to top the charts and Jones-Evans had a huge build to it.
Also it's important to note that college football is at the end of regular season right now here in the US and there some pretty big games going on like Oregon vs Stanford which was a big game for college football's national championship. I know I had 2 TV going so I could watch OU vs WV at the same time as the fights.
OU is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
700k ppv buys is great. The fact that GSP does those numbers consistently is why he is #1 when it comes to PPV buys. Plus this cards Co-Main Event was Hendricks vs Kampmann. While thats a great fight for us the majority of MMA fans couldnt give 2 shts about it.

Quote:
UFC 129 (vs. Jake Shields) -- 800,000
UFC 124 (vs. Josh Koscheck) -- 785,000
UFC 111 (vs. Dan Hardy) -- 770,000
UFC 100 (vs. Thiago Alves) -- 1,600,000
UFC 94 (vs. B.J. Penn) -- 920,000
So even though this event is on the lower end of the spectrum. It is still great considering.

UFC 153
340,000-410,000 sales.

UFC 152
450,000 sales.

UFC 150
190,000 range.

UFC 147
140,000

SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome