Diaz vs Silva? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Heavyweight
 
Trix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,589
                     
I want to see Diaz taunt Silva.
Trix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Ultra-weight
 
Joabbuac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,345
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
I want to see Diaz taunt Silva.
Anderson would be doing the taunting and it would send Diaz mad. If you had to pick a fighter for Silva to look great again you would pick a wide open pressure fighter who leaves a bunch of counter opportunities.
Joabbuac is offline  
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 AM
Featherweight
 
hadoq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,176
                     
I can pretty much see Anderson going all Chris Leben on Diaz, who probably wouldn't even have the time and leisure to taunt at all.

I can see also GSP BJPenning Diaz by making him quit on the stool in between rounds, out of sheer frustration

GSP wants to humiliate diaz, and humiliation is basically the way he fights. He already had a full camp prepping for Diaz (or at least half a camp), he wants this fight. it wouldn't be fair to hendricks but GSP/Diaz is the fight I want to see

Andy/Diaz, same result, but with a finish, probably in the 1st

Both would probably end up with Diaz retiring and getting busted for pot one more time.

Diaz is an extremely talented fighter, but he doesn't have his head together.

All the time he's doing his things, smoking, rant videos and whatnot, he's not training. He's not Andy-talented either but he may be GSP-talented, only with a shitty work ethic and child-like motivation.
hadoq is offline  
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 03:22 AM
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
 
xxpillowxxjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Posts: 1,616
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoq View Post

All the time he's doing his things, smoking, rant videos and whatnot, he's not training. He's not Andy-talented either but he may be GSP-talented, only with a shitty work ethic and child-like motivation.
Sorry cant agree with you there. The diaz bro's are probably 2 of the top most well prepared, as far as training goes, as there are. These guys do triathlons (which is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run)... I mean seriously, how many other fighters in the UFC could do those? MAYBE gsp and condit? (Now diaz did place 36/292 in the 2011 donner lake triathlon, but 13 of the people that finished above him were 40+ years old and diaz wasnt even ranked last year.. But He still did it. )

Sure, he could be training instead of smoking weed or making videos, but you could say that about anybody. GSP and Silva could be training instead of making commercials. My point is, everyone that is a fighter does things instead of training. Who and what they do, varies for each fighter. And just because you don't agree with what diaz does in his free time (albeit something not allowed in the sport), does not mean he has "Shitty work ethic".


I'm not even a diaz "fan", i'm just sayin bro.

Bendo | Aldo | Cerrone | Vitor | Fedor | Cormier

Need to book a pro or amateur mma fight in the midsouth area? PM ME!!

Sig by Limba
xxpillowxxjp is offline  
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchestoorrrrrrr
Posts: 1,469
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
I can pretty much see Anderson going all Chris Leben on Diaz, who probably wouldn't even have the time and leisure to taunt at all.

I can see also GSP BJPenning Diaz by making him quit on the stool in between rounds, out of sheer frustration

GSP wants to humiliate diaz, and humiliation is basically the way he fights. He already had a full camp prepping for Diaz (or at least half a camp), he wants this fight. it wouldn't be fair to hendricks but GSP/Diaz is the fight I want to see

Andy/Diaz, same result, but with a finish, probably in the 1st

Both would probably end up with Diaz retiring and getting busted for pot one more time.

Diaz is an extremely talented fighter, but he doesn't have his head together.

All the time he's doing his things, smoking, rant videos and whatnot, he's not training. He's not Andy-talented either but he may be GSP-talented, only with a shitty work ethic and child-like motivation.
Well that's just quite clearly a load of nonsense. Diaz is one of the most conditioned, hardest trained athletes in the sport.

Smoking? Are fighters supposed to literally train 24/7 at all times, without spending any personal time to them selves? Rant videos? What are you even talking about?

@cdtpcl, thanks, will rep when I can.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded; 11-30-2012 at 06:54 AM.
GrappleRetarded is offline  
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
only with a shitty work ethic and child-like motivation.
I am a well known Nick Diaz disliker, but I would never refer to him having a shitty work ethic and child like motivation. From other fighter interviews it is apparent that Nick Diaz's #1 motivation in life is training, #2 is weed. Nick is apparently always in the gym, always rolling or sparing with people, and always in ridiculous shape. I don't think I have ever heard the phrase "out of shape Diaz". One of the real benefits of his training style is that he doesn't try to fight when he has peaked like most camps, instead he stays in the same relative shape so he can fight on a moments notice.

Diaz has a shitty attitude, he has a shitty outlook on rules, and he has a shitty vocabulary. A shitty work ethic? No, never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
@cdtpcl, thanks, will rep when I can.
No need man, I should have included it in my OP rather than assume everyone had read it.
cdtcpl is offline  
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,340
Blog Entries: 13
                     
I agree. Diaz is always in peak shape. Everything you mentioned plus competing in triathlons in his off time is pretty much proof. And he is definitely always in shape and keeps a very good pace in his fights.


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Diaz Bro's - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8,495
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
Sorry cant agree with you there. The diaz bro's are probably 2 of the top most well prepared, as far as training goes, as there are. These guys do triathlons (which is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run)... I mean seriously, how many other fighters in the UFC could do those? MAYBE gsp and condit? (Now diaz did place 36/292 in the 2011 donner lake triathlon, but 13 of the people that finished above him were 40+ years old and diaz wasnt even ranked last year.. But He still did it. )
Rich Franklin can solve some really hard math problems. How many other fighters in the UFC could do that?
Just pointing that triathlon is triathlon, MMA is MMA.
That being said, sure Nick trains enough MMA to aways show up in shape and technically sound, plus he has that shitty attitude peculiar to him.
Sportsman 2.0 is offline  
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,340
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Rich Franklin can solve some really hard math problems. How many other fighters in the UFC could do that?
Just pointing that triathlon is triathlon, MMA is MMA.
That being said, sure Nick trains enough MMA to aways show up in shape and technically sound, plus he has that shitty attitude peculiar to him.
Bad comparison. We all know a triathlon is not MMA but it does require a high level of fitness. Completing math problems? Not so much. Cardio vascular training has a lot more to do with MMA than math.


Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Diaz Bro's - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 AM
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,587
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
He's not Andy-talented either but he may be GSP-talented, only with a shitty work ethic and child-like motivation.
Congrats! You are now the board idiot.

Not sure if your opinion counted before, but now it officially doesn't!

jonnyg4508 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome