Cain Velasquez: I'm going to prove I'm the best when I take my belt back - Page 11 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 250
                     
So, your argument against me saying his status as a legend doesn't make him morally infallible is what? That I'm suggesting his legendary status automatically makes him morally dubious? That's a bit out of the left field.

If you're grasping at straws you don't have to reply, you know.
RWCNT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: To achieve success, first you have to want real bad!!!
Posts: 8,422
                     
Everybody is talking about Cain and JDS injuries and how that could have affected their performances and fight result. Injuries are relevant issues and somehow they make through to the media and we all comment about it. If nobody discloses anything, we don't have elements to discuss anything. You lose a car race, you'll find smth to explain the bad performance and that could get down to minor details just like in any top sport. To suggest ppl who never been envolved in any scandal, assault, TRT cheating are lying when the're merely speaking their hearts out is beyond me.
So continue to make the odds to sound like reality. That's the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCNT View Post
So, your argument against me saying his status as a legend doesn't make him morally infallible is what?
Who would be morally infallible, kid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCNT View Post
That I'm suggesting his legendary status automatically makes him morally dubious? That's a bit out of the left field.
Yep, and all of that, from start to conclusion came from your fantasious mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCNT View Post
If you're grasping at straws you don't have to reply, you know.
Good. You found application for the expression you learnt the other day from your big brother. See? That's how it feels to have the odds used against you. I bet you learnt that from your big brother.

I'll repeat the quote for the last time. If you still don't get it, so you`re still 9 and buzz off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman
Certainly doesn't mean otherwise, but you like to make it sound like it does. This is more insulting than his "claims", but yeah, you were only 9.


Sully - Official Trailer HD

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is online now  
post #103 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 250
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
To suggest ppl who never been envolved in any scandal, assault, TRT cheating are lying when the're merely speaking their hearts out is beyond me.
So continue to make the odds to sound like reality. That's the way to go.
I don't think that they're necessarily lying - maybe the broken spine line gave that impression, but I was really just making a gag. I refer to the statements as "claims" just because we never see any proof of them, so I'll consider them as claims until I do. Whether the injuries they talk about are legit or not doesn't even bother me as much as them talking about them does. I don't like it and I don't think it's a particularly out there view.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Who would be morally infallible, kid? ]

Yep, and all of that, from start to conclusion came from your fantasious mind.
Nogueira in this case, obviously. Go on then, explain yourself if I'm not getting this sentence you love repeating so much but can't rephrase or elaborate on. Do you even know what point you were trying to make? I think someone's legendary status shouldn't leave them unquestionable morally, you respond with "Certainly doesn't mean otherwise". There's really only one way to take that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Good. You found application for the expression you learnt the other day from your big brother. See? That's how it feels to have the odds used against you. I bet you learnt that from your big brother.
Oh god, the big brother references, calling me "kid", I'm still 9? You're making entirely too much of the fact that I was 9 in the late 90's. I'm sorry that you're old.
RWCNT is offline  
post #104 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,459
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Ok guys, calm it down
Killz is offline  
post #105 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Colossal-weight
 
Sportsman 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: To achieve success, first you have to want real bad!!!
Posts: 8,422
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWCNT View Post
I don't think that they're necessarily lying - maybe the broken spine line gave that impression, but I was really just making a gag. I refer to the statements as "claims" just because we never see any proof of them, so I'll consider them as claims until I do.
That's wrong. We don't have any proof you are not gay, bank robber, drug dealer or a scumbag, so how would you feel someone spreading negative suppositions about your reputation until you could work on showing evidence in your behalf? Do you think that would be fair?

Most "proofs" we have are articles posted by reporters who collected info from camps, fighters themselves, fighters friends, coaches. Most of them are words passed along. What you want? Documents for any sort of declaration? How you pick who to believe who not to believe? Anybody could be lying then. Even forging documents, easy thing to do to, for example, to justify absence from work in a given day.

Do I need to see all the medical record of Cain to accept he was hurt? Do I have to believe Big Nog had an arm broken only when I see it snapping live? No non evident lesion should be accepted then?

Innocent until proven guilty is a principle. To twist it like you are doing is just to be mean on purpose.
This is the very core of the issue you are missing.

Thanks god you are no Judge.


Sully - Official Trailer HD

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
Sportsman 2.0 is online now  
post #106 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Welterweight
 
Woodenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,058
                     
Amusing: "half-arsed TD attempt" "flash KO"

I enjoy reading posts of downplayers.
Woodenhead is offline  
post #107 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 AM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Cain is going decemate JDS.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #108 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
I dont think the first fight was a fluke cause JDS is the ******* man BUT i think Cain is taking the fight this time around.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #109 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 30
                     
This is gonna look like Cain vs Brock I think, except Cain will be taking Brocks roll in this one.
BrockfanSilva is offline  
post #110 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 250
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
That's wrong. We don't have any proof you are not gay, bank robber, drug dealer or a scumbag, so how would you feel someone spreading negative suppositions about your reputation until you could work on showing evidence in your behalf? Do you think that would be fair?

Most "proofs" we have are articles posted by reporters who collected info from camps, fighters themselves, fighters friends, coaches. Most of them are words passed along. What you want? Documents for any sort of declaration? How you pick who to believe who not to believe? Anybody could be lying then. Even forging documents, easy thing to do to, for example, to justify absence from work in a given day.

Do I need to see all the medical record of Cain to accept he was hurt? Do I have to believe Big Nog had an arm broken only when I see it snapping live? No non evident lesion should be accepted then?

Innocent until proven guilty is a principle. To twist it like you are doing is just to be mean on purpose.
This is the very core of the issue you are missing.

Thanks god you are no Judge.
Well, I am an openly gay drug dealing, bank robbing scumbag, so that's pretty much water off a duck's back to me, mate.


Seriously though, you've got what I'm saying wrong here. I don't use "claims" as a synonym for "lies" - we never see proof that these guys are injured pre-fight, so I take it as a claim that may or may not be true, rather than a fact. I've already said that I don't really care if they're telling the truth or not, it pisses me off either way.

Innocent until proven guilty is fine in a court of law but to go around your entire life believing everything people say until you can prove otherwise is just plain naive.
RWCNT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome