Mike Dolce fires back at claim that Johny Hendricks isn't No. 1 WW contender - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 07:23 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Too bad he didn't.

He didn't have his hands connected behind Anderson's hips either and wasn't very deep on the double...I could just as arbitrarily use that as a reason he didn't get the takedown.

But considering this coming from the best poster on this site, it's no surprise such a fine excuse would be made.


Also, short grabbing is a minor foul and no one cares about it unless it's excessive. It really shouldn't be illegal at all and it was so benign that even Chael's coach admitted that Sonnen grabbed Silva's shorts as well at one point in the fight.


If Chael supporters have any legit gripe, it's that Anderson clearly hit him with a technically illegal strike. He didn't hit his head with his knee as the point of his knee clearly drove into Chael's chest, but the top of his thigh deflected off of Chael's face and according to him made him "bite his lip". I suppose this would be an illegal kick....but if Chael supporters are so ardent in their support that they think their hero should've been gifted a win off of a technicality(even though Chael was clearly hurt to the body and the thigh to the mouth did almost no real damage), more power to you....I don't think most will agree or take you seriously...especially when it's defending a known steroid cheat.
Actually Chael had some GREAT takedown attempts that were only stopped due to the shorts holding. There were alot more then just 1 occasion of the shorts holding.

Iv already had this discussion with plenty of people who all agreed that its likely Chael would have gotten the takedown had Anderson not held the shorts. Once they were shown the evidence that is.

But im not gonna waste my time having this discussion with someone like you. The biggest troll around. Quiet frankly i cant even get myself to read past the first 2 sentences of any of your posts. After having read so many of your posts i realized they are mostly just a waste of time reading.

Feel free to have the last word. I probably wont read it anyway.

SideWays222 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Bantamweight
 
evzbc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 597
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Actually Chael had some GREAT takedown attempts that were only stopped due to the shorts holding. There were alot more then just 1 occasion of the shorts holding.
So you'd hope for Anderson vs Chael 1?

Are you in denial that Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time????

LoL
evzbc is offline  
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Anyone who would even stoop as low to have a conversation with you likely knows nothing about wrestling.

So once again, your anecdotal inanities fail to make an impact.

Much like the old "But I know guys who have bigger wrists than me and are smaller than me" argument that also was a miserable failure.

Also considering Chael only attempted about 2 takedowns in the 2nd round...."alot" which is two words by the way, clearly shows your inability to properly quantify things. And Chael held Anderson's shorts ..so it's likely he also could've benefited by fouling.

Nor do I care if you read my posts...I mainly post just to demonstrate and prove that pretty much nothing you say is valid anytime I take precious time out of my precious day to write a response to one of your posts.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by evzbc View Post
So you'd hope for Anderson vs Chael 1?

Are you in denial that Anderson Silva is the greatest fighter of all time????

LoL
I do think Anderson is the greatest.

I wouldnt even say that the result would be different.

Im just pointing out something that took place. Sometimes people here dont seem to understand that concept.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Flyweight
 
duckyou666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 322
                     
Dolce is 100% correct. Diaz did beat Penn, who is a natural LW and is notorious for preparation and motivation issues, then lost to Condit. Diaz nuthuggers, don't even bother arguing that he won that fight, it's in the books as a loss, get over it. Being 1-1 and coming off of a loss does not warrant a number 1 contender fight. Hell, at this point, him being considered top 5 is almost laughable. Hendricks has won 5 in a row, the last 3 were against top 10 contenders, (at the time) Pierce could have been considered a top 10'er, so it can be said that he's beat 4 top 10 fighters. Let's see, 1-1, coming off a loss against 5-0, 3, 4 against top contenders? How is this even an argument?
duckyou666 is offline  
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Anyone who would even stoop as low to have a conversation with you likely knows nothing about wrestling.

So once again, your anecdotal inanities fail to make an impact.

Much like the old "But I know guys who have bigger wrists than me and are smaller than me" argument that also was a miserable failure.
Lol you troll quiet a bit dont you??

I do know people who are smaller then me but have bigger wrists. That isnt an argument thats just a fact. Something like that can only be a failure in your mind. Maybe it helps you sleep at night or maybe it makes you feel smarter. Whatever the reason is though you need to get a grip.

SideWays222 is offline  
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,373
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Ok you two, simmer down please.
Killz is offline  
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 07:48 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Ok you two, simmer down please.
Yes daddy. Im sorry...

SideWays222 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome