MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Nate Diaz weigh in blunder (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/107516-nate-diaz-weigh-blunder.html)

Ciaci 12-08-2012 12:07 PM

Nate Diaz weigh in blunder
 
When Nate initially weighed in yesterday at 155.6lb, he looked happy and ready. That is, until Dana told him he had to lose the remaining 0.6lb.

I could have sworn Nate said: "What?" He looked shocked that he didn't come in on weight. I think Nick even told him he had to lose the final 0.6lb, which he eventually did on the 3rd weigh in attempt. My impression was that he didn't know he could not weigh more than 155.0lb for his title fight.

My question: how did he not know that for a title fight, fighters can not exceed the precise weight limit for that division?? I was pretty surprised. Thoughts??

Hammerlock2.0 12-08-2012 12:20 PM

Maybe his camp thought he knew so nobody told him. :dunno:

John8204 12-08-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciaci (Post 1655115)

My question: how did he not know that for a title fight, fighters can not exceed the precise weight limit for that division?? I was pretty surprised. Thoughts??


I for one am shocked shocked I say that the Stockton education system failed the Diaz boys. I mean this is a black eye on inner city schools around the country.

LL 12-08-2012 12:49 PM

Dunno how that happened, Gil, Jake, and Nick have had enough title fights to know what's up.

americanfighter 12-08-2012 12:57 PM

I always thought nick was a spoiled brat punk doesn't sup;rise me he didn't take the time to read the rules

BigPont 12-08-2012 01:00 PM

He made weight so who really cares? He should've known but it's not thay big of a deal.

TheNinja 12-08-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanfighter (Post 1655123)
I always thought nick was a spoiled brat punk doesn't sup;rise me he didn't take the time to read the rules

Yeah Nick&Nate grew up so spoiled you know. God it just pisses me off that I actually knew my Dad and had a front door on my house. I wish I could of been more spoiled and gone days with out food on the table. What a bunch of spoiled brats they are to make something of themselves and actually stay true to their nature... Just spoiled punks them Diaz Brothers.

3DLee 12-08-2012 01:17 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought that Nate just didn't hear his weight and just assumed he made weight, thats why he was surprised. Surely he knew that he had to weigh 155 exactly or less. And to me the Diaz personality is just like a Chael Sonnen personality. I've met both of the Diaz brothers at the SF: Nashville weigh ins the day before the infamous brawl on CBS. They were both really cool to all the fans and signed autographs, took pics, the whole works. I think they just sell themselves as hard asses. When you're smaller guy, you really gotta put on the mean face to be intimidating. I hope Diaz wins tonight in devistating fashion. IMO, the judges got it wrong both times in favor of Bendo.

americanfighter 12-08-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNinja (Post 1655128)
Yeah Nick&Nate grew up so spoiled you know. God it just pisses me off that I actually knew my Dad and had a front door on my house. I wish I could of been more spoiled and gone days with out food on the table. What a bunch of spoiled brats they are to make something of themselves and actually stay true to their nature... Just spoiled punks them Diaz Brothers.

who gives a shit how they grew up I'm talking about how they are now
and don't talk to me about hard times.

Rauno 12-08-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanfighter (Post 1655123)
I always thought nick was a spoiled brat punk doesn't sup;rise me he didn't take the time to read the rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanfighter (Post 1655149)
who gives a shit how they grew up I'm talking about how they are now
and don't talk to me about hard times.

Well, a "spoiled brat" term is used for kids and not for a man nearing his 30s. Also Nick has made chamionship weight multiple times, this is Nate.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2